Final Soldier Announcement

Yet another small alliance that have a very relaxed view on who can make decisions for the alliance. It has become pretty trendy lately for alliance leaders to leave the alliance but still remain in power. Being a small alliance is no excuse for having a crappy government system.

I hope to see more alliances crumble under their own uselessness.

I made the decision when I was leader. I let AUT announce it because it was his alliance.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your sat watching my nation, I doubt you'll know when I'm gone.

I think you need to go look up the meaning of relevant in the dictionary before you go round using it. For now it's probably best you stick with two syllable words, and not strain yourself too much!

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "silly thing", then again most of what you've said makes little sense. I won't fault you tho, as english obviously isn't your native language. That said, should the "silly thing" be posting in a irrelevant manner, I'm not sure how that would boost my confidence irl. Following your line of thought (or rather lack of) I'm doing something "silly" that is boosting my confidence irl and I should get that checked out? I'm pretty sure that if someone has a confidence problem and they're doing something to rectify that, then that is a good thing. At least it is where I come from. Maybe where you come from confidence isn't a good quality to possess, and that's probably why your unaligned and not a part of a community.

Edit:

...and nothing of value was lost.

:)

According to karma, performing positive actions results in a good condition in one's experience, whereas a negative action results in a bad effect. The effects may be seen immediately or delayed. Delay can be until later in the present life or in the next. Thus, meritorious acts may mean rebirth into a higher station, such as a superior human or a godlike being, while evil acts result in rebirth as a human living in less desirable circumstances, or as a lower animal. Some observers have compared the action of karma to Western notions of sin and judgment by God or gods, while others understand karma as an inherent principle of the universe without the intervention of any supernatural Being. In Hinduism, God does play a role and is seen as a dispenser of karma. The non-interventionist view is that of Buddhism and Jainism.

Enjoy the time you have remaining. <_<

I really didn't know soldier and really have no opinion on their disbanding except that I hope membership find homes they're happy with. The one thing that sticks out to me is that The AUT abandoned his alliance on the brink of war. Now you can claim they weren't going to be involved, but who could really say. Leaving the alliance you started was a completely selfish act.

I really didn't know soldier and really have no opinion on their disbanding except that I hope membership find homes they're happy with. The one thing that sticks out to me is that The AUT abandoned his alliance on the brink of war. Now you can claim they weren't going to be involved, but who could really say. Leaving the alliance you started was a completely selfish act.

People did what they had to do to follow their consciences. As someone who was placed in Magicninja's position I can empathize with what he went through following the Elysium (2nd) venture and whatnot. I don't for a moment regard what happened as selfish - it was done as a matter of standing up for something when others looked like they weren't going to. Sure, it caused some of us to have to take on jobs we didn't want (being Emperor sucks for the record) but I can respect why it was done and don't for a moment giving it my blessing. If people want to view taking a stand and doing it alone to help prevent problems for their alliance as a selfish thing then I'm not sure I'm really going to be able to sway the point. Only a few people have the place to truly pass judgement on this and, while outside opinion is never a bad thing, it may not be possible for you to really feel that moment when it happened.

Regardless, what's done is done. Soldier had a good run and now it's moved into the history books (unless it comes back and then it will be current news again!). Best to remember the alliance for the good it tried to do and the things it tried to and did accomplish while wishing the former members the best of health on their way to new homes. As I said, rivalries aside and whatnot it's a damned shame to see any alliance cease to exist.

Sad to see an alliance disband. TheAUT and I may not have seen eye-to-eye recently but an alliance disbanding is not something I like to see.

[Alterego]I blame Karma's secret disbandment clause in their Soldier peace deal. [/Alterego]

Sad to see an alliance disband. TheAUT and I may not have seen eye-to-eye recently but an alliance disbanding is not something I like to see.

[Alterego]I blame Karma's secret disbandment clause in their Soldier peace deal. [/Alterego]

Pfft if Poison Clan is really part of Karma I think you guys really are full of !@#$. :P Nah PC and their protectorates were cool with the terms. I'll be honest and say I think we were winning when we had to pull out. There was just to much internal turmoil for us to continue.

Honestly from what I saw Soldier was pretty solid when I started. Then Facetten and Stig walked away when they saw we'd be fighting for TPF when it came down to it. That got the ball rolling. I believe AUT really thought Soldier wasn't going to be in the war when he left to fight with Mhawk and Shuru. When he left he caused a little internal twist by being undecided who to leave in charge. First he went with Melutar and then took it back and left me in charge. Mel wanted to hold a voice vote in IRC but when it became apparent everyone wasn't with that he left. So that was 4 out of the 6 gov positions gone just like that in 2 days. Chazz and I were left standing. I tried to make a gov out of our remaining active members. The next day we were in the war.

Needless to say at that point I was pretty stressed out about the whole situation but I helped get us organized and we did pretty well by most accounts. However I could see the internal structure was lacking among some other factors and decided we'd be best to pull out of the war and try to regroup. PC and the protectorates let us off with white peace. While waiting for OPP to expire my new govies decided to jump the gun on the announcement so I relieved them of duty. Drake and Cam left because we pulled out of the war.

So after that mess was settled and we got peace from CCC as well I wrote a new charter and tried to get us focused on the future. People were participating in the process of shaping the charter and I thought we were going to make it. Then out of the blue Dodger and Nada the two chancellors I had fired up and left. Along with them went Chazz and Poliz (Don't you just love that guys posts :P ). So it was back down to me and my MoD Nord Belka who was really loyal to Soldier. There just wasn't much activity after the two of us. KingWilliam and KingJoseph were fairly active but after that there was pretty much nothing for stability and reliability.

So I decided to pull the plug 3 days ago. Those active members really deserve to have a home that they can really be productive in. I tried to get our members off the Soldier AA quietly considering we had no protection at the time. I'd been telling them to join me at GATO or AUT at TSI or else Nord at his new alliance. Of course everything got leaked and AUT came and asked if he found someone to protect the AA if we can just finally announce it and be done with it. I obliged him and since it was always his alliance I let him post this here thread.

There you have it from my point of view. Take it as you will.

I hate to pester you in your disbandment thread but that's not what the TPF has been feeding us. According to them it was all just to get NPO's attention or something stupid like that.

Silly isn't it? Especially when MCXA blew that entire argument apart with their DoW.

AUT, from what I have seen you brought this upon yourself and your people. Still sad, to see an alliance fall. Good luck to the members.