Nueva Vida Treaty Announcement

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor commies gonna get rolled again. :(

I'll be awaiting the ODN cancellation (or notification that they won't be honoring the treaty due to some reason). It seems INT-ODN relations are the new Orrple but then again they didn't defend Legion eh (yah I know Legion requested they stay out)? :P

Edited by rabonnobar

NoR should have offered INT the preferred tech dealing over NV not an NAP. A lot less problems that way and they could atone for their past crimes while doing it, not helping people that benefited because of those very same crimes.

I'll be awaiting the ODN cancellation (or notification that they won't be honoring the treaty due to some reason). It seems INT-ODN relations are the new Orrple but then again they didn't defend Legion eh (yah I know Legion requested they stay out)? :P

Now, it is probably due to the addled state of my brain due to a long period in the retirement cave, but I am having such difficulty grasping this that I'm going to have to go lie down.

If I follow you correctly, these new fascists, which are emphatically not the same as the old fascists, are going to attack the commies, despite having made clear that they have no wish to do so, and despite the treaty that is the theme of the present discussion including a safeguard against such action - it's a reasonably safe bet that Hizzy would veto a plan to attack the commies for no good reason, right? Anyway, when this occurs, ODN will apparently cancel its treaty with The International in exactly the way it didn't with Legion. Er. Did I get that right?

Definitely going to have to lie down now. Excuse me.

NoR should have offered INT the preferred tech dealing over NV not an NAP. A lot less problems that way and they could atone for their past crimes while doing it, not helping people that benefited because of those very same crimes.

The International signing a protectorate agreement with NoR would probably raise an eyebrow or two.

:lol1: <----- I really hate this little face.

A treaty like this requires much in the way of trust. Of the many emotions INT has for NoR and NoR has for INT, I don't think trust tops that list. The denial of a NAP confirms that assumption. As such, a protectorate/tech contract such as this would not be viable between those two alliances given that something as simple as a "Don't attack us, we won't attack you" can't be signed. Now as for paying for crimes, that's obviously something NoR and INT will have to work on together with or without a treaty.

Now, it is probably due to the addled state of my brain due to a long period in the retirement cave, but I am having such difficulty grasping this that I'm going to have to go lie down.

If I follow you correctly, these new fascists, which are emphatically not the same as the old fascists, are going to attack the commies, despite having made clear that they have no wish to do so, and despite the treaty that is the theme of the present discussion including a safeguard against such action - it's a reasonably safe bet that Hizzy would veto a plan to attack the commies for no good reason, right? Anyway, when this occurs, ODN will apparently cancel its treaty with The International in exactly the way it didn't with Legion. Er. Did I get that right?

Definitely going to have to lie down now. Excuse me.

Note the ":P" latched onto the end. I was just messing round. Sleep well, though.

Edited by rabonnobar

NoR is signing all its old treaties?

/me anxiously awaits for them to sign up to be an NPO meatshield again...

No?

Then I guess they *are* different this time around.

And while I feel that Communism can be an appropriate government form during time of wars, only a Republican form of government can properly secure the rights of a people during time of peace. Those who maintain a Communist form of government in peacetime are sadly deluded if they think it will bring their people greater prosperity and benefits than Republicanism. I invite all nay-sayers to come and study the Vidian Way, for we have much we can teach.

Terrible. Sorry I took some nukes for NV last week. I won't make that mistake again.

Cry more, please. Your tears please me,

Bad move.

Do something about it, Communist.

umm..

Why would you put such a design on your flag NoR... seems fairly suggestive

Been there, done that. It was a failed argument before. Not much changes with you people, does it?

OP: Excellent. o/

Edited by Germanic Republic

This has brought a smile too my face, seeing old friends and allies such as NoR reunited with Vidia once more. In addition too seeing many old faces given there second chance at life, after 2 years ago they gave us our chance. It makes me proud to have founded an alliance with such principles and value, the one being displayed here is friendship and the fortitude to honor your debts no matter how popular they may be with the greater community.

Lastly, Hello Hizzy, Pd73bassman, Magical Bricks, Bomber 66, KingZog, And All The Other Studs In Vidia & NoR. :wub:

o7

[Edit - Germanic Republic is also cool; no more crying baby, it will be alright!]

Edited by Owned-You

[Edit - Germanic Republic is also cool; no more crying baby, it will be alright!]

/coos softly

Baby we just got to get out of this town

we just gotta make it down

to the station off of Old Crown

and say our goodbyes

so that no longer may the cries

of our throats and our mouth and our eyes

cloud our judgement and love

so baby $%&@ em all let's give

it our all and meet with Gebiv

at the train station where we

knew at once we were meant to be

ILY

/coos softly

Baby we just got to get out of this town

we just gotta make it down

to the station off of Old Crown

and say our goodbyes

so that no longer may the cries

of our throats and our mouth and our eyes

cloud our judgement and love

so baby $%&@ em all let's give

it our all and meet with Gebiv

at the train station where we

knew at once we were meant to be

ILY

You sure do know how sing a song baby.

Come to my quarters tonight. :ph34r:

NoR would have a lot more to deal with than ODN with INT's recent entry into LEO, rest assured of that.

I hope nothing bad comes of this, but let's be real.

I have to chuckle at the absolute lack of sincerity in this thread.

We're supposed to believe that Nordreich is just a "new" alliance with the same membership, the same name, and the same friends as some unconnected alliance that, by random coincidence just happens to have the same members, the same name, and the same friends. And anyone who has the audacity to judge these people by, of all things, the past behavior of this totally unconnected other alliance... Well, those people are just being unreasonable.

The only people defending this skewed logic are the people who would have defended the reformation regardless of any unbelievable justification.

Nordreich has been plotting its return for weeks/months/years, and this the best line they can come up with? I'd have a lot more respect if they just said what they really believed: "Yes. We're NoR and we're back. WTF are you going to do about it?"

-Craig

We're supposed to believe that Nordreich is just a "new" alliance with the same membership, the same name, and the same friends as some unconnected alliance that, by random coincidence just happens to have the same members, the same name, and the same friends. And anyone who has the audacity to judge these people by, of all things, the past behavior of this totally unconnected other alliance... Well, those people are just being unreasonable.

The only people defending this skewed logic are the people who would have defended the reformation regardless of any unbelievable justification.

Nordreich has been plotting its return for weeks/months/years, and this the best line they can come up with? I'd have a lot more respect if they just said what they really believed: "Yes. We're NoR and we're back. WTF are you going to do about it?"

-Craig

They're not claiming to be a completely blank slate. They're asking for an opportunity to try again after past blunders and misfortunes and asserting that their history doesn't completely define them. That doesn't seem so outrageous to me.

Why not wait and see what happens before you cast your judgement in iron?

They're not claiming to be a completely blank slate. They're asking for an opportunity to try again after past blunders and misfortunes and asserting that their history doesn't completely define them. That doesn't seem so outrageous to me.

Why not wait and see what happens before you cast your judgement in iron?

Well, the amazing thing about re-rolling is that you have a completely blank slate. That is not what is happening here. What we're witnessing is the recreating of past identities that had already been relegated to the dustbin of history. These are not people who want a chance to redefine themselves. These are people who are proud of their past and wish to assert it. Why else would we be seeing re-rolled names we haven't seen in months?

-Craig

-Craig

Craig, if I felt that way I would say it. Instead, I approached you well in advance of our DoE to tell you that as far as I was concerned the past should be buried. Our discussion was civil and, I thought, productive. We seemed to agree on pretty much everything.

And then you went out of your way to insult me personally.

Your 'moral authority' in this discussion is nil, as your own lack of sincerity has shown.

Edited by kingzog

-Craig

In my humble opinion, I believe this topic has only reveled one simple fact. The Leftist side of the spectrum will be re-opening old wounds, when it really is not prudent or wise to do so. I am not advocating you all simply ignore NoR, given your histories of being at odds with each other logically prevents that. But until they somehow openly wrong you...I see no reason to call them into question. Honestly, would it really take much of an effort to simply give them the benefit of the doubt? It would appear the leftist spectrum of alliances seem intent on simply making an enemy with NoR once more. Which frankly, baffles me...because you all perceive NoR as a threat as evident of the postering and counter postering. But it's pretty evident you all are in no position to do anything about it so why risk a public fiasco such as this one?

That being said, this is my opinon...based upon the events I see transpiring in this thread. I'm looking at it from a purely IC aspect, so OOC ideoligies aside I'd like to know what leftist alliances look to gain from these measures.

Well, the amazing thing about re-rolling is that you have a completely blank slate. That is not what is happening here. What we're witnessing is the recreating of past identities that had already been relegated to the dustbin of history. These are not people who want a chance to redefine themselves. These are people who are proud of their past and wish to assert it. Why else would we be seeing re-rolled names we haven't seen in months?

-Craig

I fully understand why you're resistant to the return of NoR. I would be too in your shoes, and I think your concern is fully justified given history.

But really, there's only a few ways it can go here.

1) They're your enemies forever and there's no way that will ever change. In that case, you should have told them no when they asked to reform (I'm under the impression that you were consulted and consented. If this is not the case I apologize).

2) They really are willing to try things differently now. If this were the case, the threats and history dredging being done by the Communists will do nothing but drive it back to the first option.

I'm not saying you should be happy about this or that you shouldn't watch your back, but I really don't see how what you're doing now can do anything but ensure that you have enemies. Unless, of course, your goal is provocation to a hot war.

I hate to quote myself (not really, I kinda love it) but I believe I fielded something like this before.

I don't think many people would say that this Nordreich is completely different than the last. There are core similarities and there are core differences. What people have been saying is that this incarnation hasn't really done anything to draw your ire up to this point. As far as your or anyone is concerned, the interaction with Nordreich has been extremely limited up to now and certainly does not warrant the scrutiny its received so far.

From what I've seen Nordreich is trying to be more diplomatic than just saying "Yes. We're NoR and we're back. WTF are you going to do about it?". While at the core that is indeed where we stand here today, stating such and so blatantly isn't a proper way to reestablish yourself in the world. At least not in my eyes and obviously not in Nordreich's eyes. Like I said the last time I responded to one of your posts (which you seem to have ignored), the diplomatic hand has been outstretched to you and while you have slapped it away I believe it remains outstretched. This reformation and subsequent treaty or treaties will only become an issue if you make it one.

Also, I have a man-crush on Owned-You and Germanic Republic. Is that wrong?

Edited by Captain Flinders

-Craig

What? I have categorically denied this. Our core is the same members of the old NoR, and we beckon NoR members back home. Our government is all respected Nordreich Blood, many of them are former NoR government.

Words.

I have never found myself so unattracted to communism in my life. Forcing people out of the game was the outdated and barbaric act of Pacificans and if I see the lolcommies try and do this to Nordreich I will fight them just as viciously and vigioursly as I fought NPO and I will be just as proud wearing the NoR banner as I was under the Pro Populi banner and the loljustice will feel the same.

0/ NoR