Navy -- Disappointing?

Oktavia

This was my first major war where my opponents had an equal strength or stronger navies than myself. After examining my reports throughout the war, I was rather disappointed with how the Navy operates ingame.

Besides nukes wiping out 25% of my non-nuclear fleat; destroyers / submarines / aircraft carriers were completely immune to being destroyed from any navy attacks. Literally 100% of my Navy Attack losses were only Corvettes and Landing Ships being destroyed. The highest amount of ships I had destroyed in a single attack was 3.

I even had one opponent who fended off my 40+ Navy Ships by just refreshing 10 ships. It just seemed that my Navy was only useful against opponents who had no navy because I was just wasting cash on Corvettes and Landing Ships.

So are there going to be any revamps on the Navy system? It feels like I only need Destroyers, Submarines, Aircraft Carriers, Corvettes, and Landing Ships to fight any wars. The first 3 being immune to being destroyed.

Edited by Oktavia

I guess your opponents weren't smart enough to coordinate nuke + navy attacks against you :s

We did that to a fair number of people who started with ~40 ships and brought them all down to zero.

It just takes coordination. Navy is pretty decent right now imo.

I guess your opponents weren't smart enough to coordinate nuke + navy attacks against you :s

We did that to a fair number of people who started with ~40 ships and brought them all down to zero.

It just takes coordination. Navy is pretty decent right now imo.

Only problem with Navy is the limit of 3 actions per day

Would be far better to get 3 per opponent perday

Both attacking and defending nations must have at least 1,000 land in order for attacking nations to operate their navy against another nation

^ Thats the only real problem i noticed with the navy cause all my opponents sold all there land to make my navy worthless -_-

^ Thats the only real problem i noticed with the navy cause all my opponents sold all there land to make my navy worthless -_-

Land is important to both ground and spy odds tho

By selling all of there land there lowering there chances of resisting other damage

If your navy has intimidated your opponent into selling land then it has done its job

So are there going to be any revamps on the Navy system? It feels like I only need Destroyers, Submarines, Aircraft Carriers, Corvettes, and Landing Ships to fight any wars. The first 3 being immune to being destroyed.

They're only immune because you had weaker ships. As far as I can tell the weakest ships are always the ones destroyed in naval battles.

Land is important to both ground and spy odds tho

By selling all of there land there lowering there chances of resisting other damage

If your navy has intimidated your opponent into selling land then it has done its job

Hmm if thats the case then ill be patting myself on the back for a job well done :D . Also thanks for letting me know

They're only immune because you had weaker ships. As far as I can tell the weakest ships are always the ones destroyed in naval battles.

I have noticed this as well, the weaker ships are like cannon fodder and get destroyed first it seems

Personally I think navies are fine as-is.

If I could change anything, I would wish to have the land limit removed. After all, there is no such protection/restriction for the use of nuclear weapons, so being unable to blockade someone seems strange to me.

They're hard to destroy and easy to keep up, I don't see anything really wrong with that. I really don't think that it should be easy to get blockades and battle support going against people, so if anything I would say that slow destruction is a good thing.

I like the naval component having now fought this war. Naval combat moves slowly, but it's a game for the rich. Only the foolish and those with massive war chests to burn will keep up on recouping their naval losses. As infra levels drop, ship capacities fall, as well. While it took almost a full two weeks to put a formidable opponent in a position where I could use battle support mode, the power of doing so was remarkable. After that much time at war, suddenly inflicting additional damage and being able to deploy extra planes was a hard-earned and gratifying reward.

Personally I think navies are fine as-is.

If I could change anything, I would wish to have the land limit removed. After all, there is no such protection/restriction for the use of nuclear weapons, so being unable to blockade someone seems strange to me.

They're hard to destroy and easy to keep up, I don't see anything really wrong with that. I really don't think that it should be easy to get blockades and battle support going against people, so if anything I would say that slow destruction is a good thing.

Agreed with the 2nd point. Considering you likely spent 40mil or more on navy, It shouldn't be lost in one set of attacks, but like alden said, it is possible to destroy a nations navy with some co-ordination.

Only problem with Navy is the limit of 3 actions per day

Would be far better to get 3 per opponent per day

That would be a welcome improvement. The removal of the 1000 land limit for battle support would be the 2nd item which I'd welcome with open arms.