Announcement from VE, AZTEC, ARES, and MCXA

Fair enough, Impero, Nelchael and Square Root (I know you love that pet name). I saw a lot of posts alluding to past actions of Q/1V, but if you say they're based on THIS war, that's enough for me.

Airme, I'd still dispute your claim that "everyone" wanted this war. I'll admit that probably some on the Hegemony side wanted a piece of action, but I think that most would have preferred it to start in a manner more befitting a global war. (UJW had a !@#$@#$ lame start also. Oh noes, a protectorate! Hey, we're gonna ZI this guy... NO U!)

We need some better reasons for future global wars. Come on, roleplay, damnit!

Also, Impero, my alliance is someone else's \m/ember ID, so I don't feel any particular obligation to MegaAros' ID. :)

Any complaints about the start of the war should be taken up with NPO. The impromptu "Karma" (it wasn't named that until like Monday or so) channel that was set up the Friday before the war started after people started dropping into peace mode spent most of the weekend trying to figure out how not to kick off a war because we thought the other side had the advantage. That continued right up until they declared war. The following 24 hours were by far the most entertaining of my time in CN.

Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised by how spectacularly wrong we were about the odds.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh heh wow, several members of Karma side alliances in this very thread castigated MCXA for not wising up and abandoning NPO weeks ago because this beatdown of the NPO and Q had been in the works for months. My argument has been all along that this war was coming no matter what kicked it off. NPO/Q was going to have to take it's turn on the beatdown bus. At least those that didn't jump ship from Q at the last second.

No, people from Karma commented on the ludicrous statement by MCXA that they had no inkling that a war was brewing. I did ask that you understand the difference between preparation for a war and plotting one. No one asked them to abandon the NPO. MCXA stated they were in the middle of redoing their treaties when they were surprised by the breakout of war.

And yes, I happen to find it funny that MCXA is ripped for taking reps from Polar but the alliance formed by the former gov of MCXA that left and fights alongside Karma, FOK, TOP, Gram, RnR and several other Karma side alliances negotiated those horrible reps and reaped the benifits from them.

MCXA weren't "ripped" for taking reps from Polar. Taking reps from Polar was used to show that the reps MCXA are required to pay here are extremely light in comparison to the reps they demanded from others in their current situation. If you aren't going to read anything and post the same crap that has been countered pages ago, do us a favour and sit this one out.

I just am glad to finally see things coming to light, finally see things coming out to confirm that Karma side alliances have big ol warts themselves. That for a long time many were active participants in the ebil acts that have brought about the current downfall of NPO/Q.

No one but yourselves have claimed that Karma is perfect.

I just don't see how Karma side alliances who feel they were truly wronged by those actions can sit back and welcome their former oppressors with open arms a week or two after they left Q or cancelled treaties with NPO.

Karma is about a change in the political environment of the Cyberverse. Once you get your head around that the rest will become clear.

Edited by Tygaland

Any complaints about the start of the war should be taken up with NPO. The impromptu "Karma" (it wasn't named that until like Monday or so) channel that was set up the Friday before the war started after people started dropping into peace mode spent most of the weekend trying to figure out how not to kick off a war because we thought the other side had the advantage. That continued right up until they declared war. The following 24 hours were by far the most entertaining of my time in CN.

Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised by how spectacularly wrong we were about the odds.

Awww comon you just ruined all the fun we've been having laughing at the "this must have been planned!" posts lol

Edited by Il Impero Romano

This is true as well. I remember Archon telling me he was confident peace was going to be reached.

Thank you for confirmig what I said. The Deputy MoFA raised the alert level because she knew more about the world than the MoFA, you lowered it and removed her ability to raise it again, then you raised it yourself. Or to put it in a nice, compact flip-flop statement: "You raised the alert level after you lowered it."

You know nothing. I assume by DMoFA you mean Francesca. At the time she was the acting MoFA. As for me? I wasn't in the Foreign Affairs dept any longer.

No, people from Karma commented on the ludicrous statement by MCXA that they had no inkling that a war was brewing. I did ask that you understand the difference between preparation for a war and plotting one. No one asked them to abandon the NPO. MCXA stated they were in the middle of redoing their treaties when they were surprised by the breakout of war.

It's not ludicrous insofar as we were surprised that the war happened. We were well aware that a war was happening sometime, we just had no idea it was going to be so soon. We erroneously assumed we had more time to think about what we wanted our position to be. Did you guys realize that the war was going to happen when it did? I don't think it's all that strange that we were caught scrambling. From the sounds of things a lot of people who got involved in this war had to plan on the fly.

You know nothing. I assume by DMoFA you mean Francesca. At the time she was the acting MoFA. As for me? I wasn't in the Foreign Affairs dept any longer.

Sooo....

you guys didn't find it odd that your allies were all in peace mode?

This is true as well. I remember Archon telling me he was confident peace was going to be reached.

Oh, come on now. You're going to tell me with a straight face that Karma's declaration wasn't hasty? Maybe NPO was stalling. Maybe. So? Can't give it a day? Hell, an hour? lol

It's not ludicrous insofar as we were surprised that the war happened. We were well aware that a war was happening sometime, we just had no idea it was going to be so soon. We erroneously assumed we had more time to think about what we wanted our position to be. Did you guys realize that the war was going to happen when it did? I don't think it's all that strange that we were caught scrambling. From the sounds of things a lot of people who got involved in this war had to plan on the fly.

Your close allies at the Continuum obviously knew. ;)

Oh, come on now. You're going to tell me with a straight face that Karma's declaration wasn't hasty? Maybe NPO was stalling. Maybe. So? Can't give it a day? Hell, an hour? lol

NPO had already declared war and was moving nations into peace mode during peace talks. You be the judge.

Sooo....

you guys didn't find it odd that your allies were all in peace mode?

Maybe we should have been paying a bit more attention to things but we were busy having elections and having a government change-over and all the hullabaloo that accompanies that. We really didn't notice things were up until people started declaring war and launching attacks.

There were no declaration of war for 24 hours from any alliance that is associated with Karma. There was an announcement on how people were displeased with the actions of NPO, but there was no declaration of war. And even then, it was OV's treaty partners defending them.

EDIT: I guess VE did attack in OV's defense, but to be fair, everyone thought the war was going to break out at some point in the previous 5 days so they were prepared to defend their allies.

Edited by AirMe

It's not the responsibility of those who just got declared upon to make sure that the attacking alliance gets to have their piece and say all the stuff they are supposed to say, etc.

Unless you are seriously implying that NPO had some sort of "right" that was violated when they got attacked BACK ??

I am reasonable right up to the point that you lay a hand on my friends. Once you touch them, one of us is going to die.

Grats on peace may all involved be able to move forward and prosper.

and to all you out there pi$$ing and moaning get over it some people have to pay and that's that I am sure MCXA will be able to move on much smoother with out all this senseless banter

Maybe we should have been paying a bit more attention to things but we were busy having elections and having a government change-over and all the hullabaloo that accompanies that. We really didn't notice things were up until people started declaring war and launching attacks.

That's unfortunate :\

I'm really not sure how you could have missed it and been paying any semblance to politics in this game.

Didn't NPO notify you per Continuum that they were attacking?

I agree perhaps we should have been paying a bit more attention but as I just noted we were a bit busy with internal affairs. Democracy seems to have had bad timing for us.

Then you can hardly blame everyone else for you taking your eye off the ball. It was your allies that started the war, not anyone on the Karma side. Aren't your allies required to inform you about their intention to go to war under the Continuum treaty?

It's not the responsibility of those who just got declared upon to make sure that the attacking alliance gets to have their piece and say all the stuff they are supposed to say, etc.

Unless you are seriously implying that NPO had some sort of "right" that was violated when they got attacked BACK ??

No, not at all. I just found it rather amusing how quickly they declared on NPO. A few nations hitting peace mode. Another hour wouldn't have hurt. There were terms on the table, and a time set to accept or deny them. Though, I recall one of the terms being purposely vague, with no intention of ever being cleared up. Even when asked directly about that term, those in the room shrugged it off or ignored it.

When Moo was gone, nothing happened, and whether he was stalling or not isn't really the issue, but talks were ongoing, and were not finished. Could have easily waited a bit to let them run their course, which still would have had the same result most likely, but would have made Karma (or OV allies if you prefer) look a bit better.

Make no mistake, I'm with NPO in this war, for the very tiny bit that my nation is worth, but I don't condone their war against OV. As far as I know, they didn't even let their close allies know about it in advance. That's a guess, though. I'm not exactly "in the loop" with 1V or even Echelon anymore.