Is this the First World War?

Botha

Is this the First World War?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That is the mentality of the NPO and their falling and rising meatshields, not ours.

You have absolutely no evidence on which to base your assumption that we would have behaved in the same manner. In fact, seeing as how some Karma alliances have been on the receiving end of this mentality throughout history and those former hegemony alliances in our ranks left in disgust at some of this behaviour, and that we've been a coalition of bleeding heart moralists, it is far more likely that we would have never started this war even if we did have a valid CB. Perhaps we may have come closer together and seemingly isolated the NPO, but any attempt to aggressively take on the NPO without cause would have certainly resulted in our coalition falling apart.

First of all tone it down its a browser game for Christ sake. Second of all mogar is right, CBs in any case are more often only one reason among many others or merely excuses to enter a war that is largely justified by other non-legal rational. Second of all the only reason Karma wouldn't have started the war is as you said due to the fact that they would have trouble organizing and holding together an aggressive coalition it has nothing to do with principles its I don't think anyone can really say that most karma members don't believe NPO is getting what was coming to them. The evidence is the simple vehimence that has been expressed, the characterization of NPO allies as "meatshields" a rather pejorative term that none of them would apply to any of you. That being said I am fairly certain I could have found a great deal of karma members who would have had no problem seeing NPO wiped out along with its allies prior to the war or the legal CB arising. It has little to do with principles just the logistics.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The breakdown over what constitutes a 'Great War' would be compounded with using 'World War' as something that represents a higher level of conflict.

Think back to September 2007. Two sanctioned alliances were destroyed as a result of that war, at least a couple more notable ones disbanded and a whole new era of Planet Bob was ushered in. Yet, there are people who insist that the Unjust War was not a 'Great War' let alone a 'World War'. Say it out loud, the effective competitive duration of a conflict does not necessarily make a war a 'Great War'. Not in an era where nuclear war is part of standard war fighting tactics.

Ultimately CN historians will argue the point over and over, but I believe that what we are fighting now is 'Great War VI: The Karma War. The previous one, 'Great War V: War of the Coalition'.

Also previously:

Great War IV: The Unjust War

Great War III: The Epic War

Great War II: The Farklands War

Great War I

This is the way it is.

The breakdown over what constitutes a 'Great War' would be compounded with using 'World War' as something that represents a higher level of conflict.

Think back to September 2007. Two sanctioned alliances were destroyed as a result of that war, at least a couple more notable ones disbanded and a whole new era of Planet Bob was ushered in. Yet, there are people who insist that the Unjust War was not a 'Great War' let alone a 'World War'. Say it out loud, the effective competitive duration of a conflict does not necessarily make a war a 'Great War'. Not in an era where nuclear war is part of standard war fighting tactics.

Ultimately CN historians will argue the point over and over, but I believe that what we are fighting now is 'Great War VI: The Karma War. The previous one, 'Great War V: War of the Coalition'.

Also previously:

Great War IV: The Unjust War

Great War III: The Epic War

Great War II: The Farklands War

Great War I

I like Hal's view on it.

And here is me thinking the OP didn't mean to open a discussion on the name of the war, but actually, whether this war is so large in terms of the amount off alliances/nations that have been involved, therefore likening it to a world war as the whole world was involved.

I voted yes because of that - but then I haven't been around that long

Edited by Willem

And here is me thinking the OP didn't mean to open a discussion on the name of the war, but actually, whether this war is so large in terms of the amount off alliances/nations that have been involved, therefore likening it to a world war as the whole world was involved.

I voted yes because of that - but then I haven't been around that long

This is not the first time the cyberverse has been engulfed in a war so large. The Unjust War and Coalition War were smaller by any measure, but as a function of the size of the cyberverse at the time, Great Wars 1, 2 and 3 and the GATO/INC War (ie "World War One") were every bit as large.

The answer is no.

a great war (a war with over 15 AA's)

a conflict (2-5 AA's)

a war (6-15 AA's )

ok happy but for the sake of saving wiki from being overloaded with ppl changing things we will call it the Great Karma war

fixed...

OOC: what war IRL that involved more than 15 countries wasn't a world war? i cant think of any