An Announcement from The Sasori Initiative concerning the War

Let's see here, apparently you're not familiar with my credentials.

I really don't care what your credentials are sir, but I'm sure they're important.

I hold more to deed than to proficiency in battle. If we were to consider the working notation of honor to be that of NS and responsibility, NPO would have been the most honorable Alliance in CN up till a couple of weeks ago. You and I both know this not to be true.

Edited by Druid

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That you deserve no quarter, much less the haphazardly thrown tokens called honor thrown on your name. The situation must be reconciled or you must redeem yourself. That is the point I am trying to make. That is the idea.

So what precisely does that mean? The Initiative should drop its treaties with The Phoenix Federation and other Hegemony-alligned alliances, change sides and reenter the war as part of some crusade? What if we choose to stand fast to the commitments we made - how do you suggest we receive "no quarter" (which typically reads as either Permanent Zero-Infrastructure or Eternal Zero-Infrastructure)?

That you deserve no quarter, much less the haphazardly thrown tokens called honor thrown on your name. The situation must be reconciled or you must redeem yourself. That is the point I am trying to make. That is the idea.

Please point me to an instance where TSI has conducted themselves in a way that justifies a 'to the enemy no quarter' battle mentality from Karma's point of view? All I can think is that you have issues with their protector, TPF, and are applying some kind of transitive property to TSI as if they are some kind of enabler.

1. TSI are nowhere near core hegemony and really weren't a priority target for Karma (TSI knows I mean that with no offense. :P)

2. If you have issues with TPF, you have to go to the back of the line. Sorry.

Edited by rsoxbronco1

I really don't care what your credentials are sir, but I'm sure they're important.

I hold more to deed than to proficiency in battle. If we were to consider the working notation of honor to be that of NS and responsibility, NPO would have been the most honorable Alliance in CN up till a couple of weeks ago. You and I both know this not to be true.

Oh not too terribly, but since I've been fighting this same fight for about a year or better I tend to think I have a pretty unique perspective on the current conflict and what got us to this point. Central to that point is a complete lack of mutual respect from one ruler to another. Not all enemies are created equal, bud. I don't like the terms that these guys got at all, but we have to live and learn. Only NPO and Co. claim to have never made any mistakes even while they continue to do so. We're only human. As I've said before... Nobody's going to get exactly what they want out of this mess. Not a single person is going to be completely happy with how this turns out, no matter how it turns out. I'll settle for contentment.

All I can think is that you have issues with their protector, TPF, and are applying some kind of transitive property to TSI as if they are some kind of enabler.

Bingo. TSI and TPF are tied at the hip, just as NPO and TPF share the same heart. If TPF went to war, for whatever reason, TSI is bound to go as well. They are the same entity.

Bingo. TSI and TPF are tied at the hip, just as NPO and TPF share the same heart. If TPF went to war, for whatever reason, TSI is bound to go as well. They are the same entity.

If TPF and TSI were the same alliance, Athens wouldn't have a treaty with them. ;)

Just to say to all those whining about Karma being evil:

When did we ever officially say we were a member of karma?

When did we ever officially say we endorsed karmas views?

Find that and I will give in to your endless bickering. If not, there is no argument. We helped some friends out and were attacked because of it. That is what is happening in our little world, ok? This does not make us karma, this makes us, I assume, good friends with our protectors. Nothing more.

Just to say to all those whining about Karma being evil:

When did we ever officially say we were a member of karma?

When did we ever officially say we endorsed karmas views?

Find that and I will give in to your endless bickering. If not, there is no argument. We helped some friends out and were attacked because of it. That is what is happening in our little world, ok? This does not make us karma, this makes us, I assume, good friends with our protectors. Nothing more.

Nobody liked your crappy terms. It doesn't matter if you're "Karma" or not.

Nobody liked your crappy terms. It doesn't matter if you're "Karma" or not.

Wow, not many people would agree on that. In fact most people whinging are complaining about karma not being change.

Your oppinion is yours alone, it counts for as much as you want it to, but what you have said to me seems to have no substance whatsoever.

And roadie if you don't edit that, you're heading for a warn. -_-

Then you should uphold the way of righteousness and honor. Oh wait.

You Surrendered.

Cowards die in shame.

Then you should join us, seeing as we are cowards alike.

I fail to see where cowards lie under the "Honor" or "Loyalty" categories.

I died a lot.

I guess the people killing you didn't want to accept your surrender?

Of course, sir. It is an excellent turn that your alliance surrendered. Now you get to deal with me.

You don't seem like a threat to me. Bring it on.

In honor. Never surrender, never give up.

You fail to define "honor" correctly. Cowards put their infra before friends, which we did the opposite. Fighting with honor is upholding treaties, putting friends before your own infra, and being respectful. Only cowards surrender without honor. We surrendered with honor, and were supported by the nations of Planet Bob as a result. You are one of the few who somehow find the nerve to say different and speak with lies and uncertainty.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Max Rockatansky (aka von Shizer), Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs for Athens, for helping to resolve the misunderstanding that took place here between myself and Druid. Clearly a failure to appreciate each others' stances and places of origin took place and things became heated. For my less-than-appropriate attitude, Druid, I apologize and wish you well in your future travels.

What are you doing?

Anyway, congrats on peace guys. Not so sure about $3m for 150 tech deals, but whatever.

Does anybody want to explain to me why reps are required? Is it because TFO and Internet Superheroes took some damage? You two knew exactly what you were getting into when you joined this war. If your infrastructure is simply that precious to you then you would have been better off sitting out. TSI honored a treaty. These reparations are not necessary. All they are a sign of is that both of you two, both you alliances, are filled with and run by petty and opportunistic cowards. I recommend that any self-respecting alliance refrain from conducting business with these hooligans.
Well said. I figured it was a case of two small alliances wanting to feel like the big man for once... they were in a position of power for the first time in their lives and couldn't help themselves. Sad really.
I'm sad that an alliance like TSI gets terms, while some others get white peace. Well, the terms are reasonable atleast.
I've seen much worse terms, so I won't cry out moral outrage...because frankly this isn't one. However, I do believe that TSI should have got out of this war with White Peace. That being said, what's done is done.

Good Luck to all the parties involved in rebuilding.

If they were on such a power trip they could have easily asked for the tech without paying for it all.

While I agree the fact that having such tech dealing reps, they should at least follow current market value.

Bad terms. Making alliances who honored their treaties pay sucks. This is the worst part:

- 2,300 technology at 3 million per 150 to TFO

- 1,400 technology at 3 million per 150 to IS

IS declared on TSI and TSI has to pay reps? That's just insane.

The other things are still bad, but not crippling for TSI.

Those are the comments from people on the Karma side of the web...from the first 2 pages only. Now multiply that number by ~13 for the total number of pages so far.

I wonder if most people even realize that TSI let one of your fellow PC protectorates out with white peace earlier in the war?

EDIT:

i have to agree with this. Personally, i would have been amused if Athens defended TSI against Rad's entrance.

That would have made the Karma gov chan so much fun XD

Edited by rsoxbronco1