The reincarnation of the mighty

New Reverie

The hope I have for this world rests with the mighty. I and many others have come to painful terms to know that I will likely never hold a significant amount of power. I will never be mighty. But there are those that do and in our world might does indeed make right. But I have this parting hope, that after your brothers and sisters are sacrificed and your friends are sold into slavery, that Might Does Right. Think about it, repeat it. Hope.

It was nearly 9 months ago when I wrote those words. I remember the sacrifices made during that time and the long hours of reflection spent during my extended absence from this world. It is only fitting that when I returned it was described it as reincarnation, a belief which is central to the religious aspects of karma.

Karma the organization is not so much a movement as it is an outcome to a movement which has existed for the better part of 2 years. Karma is not revenge nor is it the result of back room dealings, Machiavellian scheming, or aspirations of power. Karma is the reincarnation of the mighty. I have spent my entire philosophical time in these chambers arguing against the long standard of might makes right. In what were the dying words of my previous incarnation I left behind a vision, “might does right.”

I have never been one to argue against being mighty. Certainly the goal of most in this world is to strengthen their nation and perhaps lead their alliance. Might has never been the issue. What has kept the world in such desperate times is what the mighty did with their strength. They used their power for malevolence over benevolence, to gain more power through taking rather than concern themselves with the responsibility that their position required.

Those who once fashioned themselves as mighty appear to have entered a new phase of existence. True to the principles of karma, that phase is based on the actions that preceded them. The karma they face is the birth of a world where might does right. It still is taking time for these former power players to come to terms with this new order from their apparent cries of hypocrisy. Karma is often ironic.

My hope for the future is that the mighty deeply examine their previous incarnation and take to heart the mistakes made. Monopolarity and hegemonies are not healthy for the populace at large. Open exchange of ideals, politics, and respect for our fellow nations and alliances should be the pillars upon which the mighty rebuild. Before rebuilding, we must however be certain that the old pillars be leveled.

<OP>

New Reverie,

the (once) mighty are losing because they based their power only on the use of force; rather than trying to convince they were satisfied with having intimidated: the hostility just accumulated and eventually came to claim its revenge.

Monopolarity and hegemony isn't bad (or good) in itself: the Hegemony renounced to try and civilize CyberNations and were content of just sitting at the top of it, but if they had instead tried to establish new multilateral, fair regulations ("global rules"), they could have remained hegemonic for a long, long time...

At the very least, they would have had something constructive to be remembered for.

Multipolarity isn't "more likely" to bring any good to CN: the quality of the leadership(s) is the key factor, the number of leaders isn't critical in itself.

(Though a multipolar world certainly could enjoy more discussion, and not only more conflictuality.)

New Reverie,

the (once) mighty are losing because they based their power only on the use of force; rather than trying to convince they were satisfied with having intimidated: the hostility just accumulated and eventually came to claim its revenge.

Monopolarity and hegemony isn't bad (or good) in itself: the Hegemony renounced to try and civilize CyberNations and were content of just sitting at the top of it, but if they had instead tried to establish new multilateral, fair regulations ("global rules"), they could have remained hegemonic for a long, long time...

At the very least, they would have had something constructive to be remembered for.

Multipolarity isn't "more likely" to bring any good to CN: the quality of the leadership(s) is the key factor, the number of leaders isn't critical in itself.

(Though a multipolar world certainly could enjoy more discussion, and not only more conflictuality.)

an excelent point. Although i enjoy war on a semiregular basis so long as their is respect and fair play between the parties involved. Such a thing is much more difficult in a monopolar world.

It would be interesting to see what happens to the world after this war. I had actually thought about writing my predictions in the OP but later decided against it. I'll list them below. I think in the end we will actually see 3-4 power groups rise at the end of this war.

1. Former Hegemony - this group will be made up of mostly alliances defeated in this war. They will stick together in order to rebuild and perhaps plot out revenge.

2. Citadel - the citadel will become a much more independent organization and will remain sought after by all power groups for their usefulness in war.

3. Superfriends - the superfriends group will expand and take on more members, becomeing one of the larger power blocks in the game.

4. Complaints and Grievences - much like Superfriends C&G will expand and take on members.

C&G and Superfriends will form the two major poles in the game, however they will not be traditional enemies nor will they actively subvert or attack one another with the intent of destruction. War may eventually break out between these groups, but not for a long time because of the shared bond between them established in this war.

War however will come, possibly started by the NPO once again after joining C&G or GOONS after joining Superfriends.

Shouldn`t you be called Old Reverie by now?

I should probably be called New New Reverie since i had to remake my nation. We'll just refer to my old nation as Old Reverie, and the current one as New Reverie.

an excelent point. Although i enjoy war on a semiregular basis so long as their is respect and fair play between the parties involved. Such a thing is much more difficult in a monopolar world.

It would be interesting to see what happens to the world after this war. I had actually thought about writing my predictions in the OP but later decided against it. I'll list them below. I think in the end we will actually see 3-4 power groups rise at the end of this war.

1. Former Hegemony - this group will be made up of mostly alliances defeated in this war. They will stick together in order to rebuild and perhaps plot out revenge.

2. Citadel - the citadel will become a much more independent organization and will remain sought after by all power groups for their usefulness in war.

3. Superfriends - the superfriends group will expand and take on more members, becomeing one of the larger power blocks in the game.

4. Complaints and Grievences - much like Superfriends C&G will expand and take on members.

C&G and Superfriends will form the two major poles in the game, however they will not be traditional enemies nor will they actively subvert or attack one another with the intent of destruction. War may eventually break out between these groups, but not for a long time because of the shared bond between them established in this war.

War however will come, possibly started by the NPO once again after joining C&G or GOONS after joining Superfriends.

Pacifica in C&G? My word, that would be astonishing.

We're happy with who we are and who we have =) Although some of us love some VE, and are developing respect for several alliances fighting skills.

I agree with this, but NPO won't be in either group, remember they extorted the hell out of MK, look for NPO and IRON in Citadel or tied to them if the rumors I keep hearing are true. But it sure as crap wouldn't be SF, I can think right off the top of my head over 200 members that'd go elsewhere, along with an alliance or two if it somehow managed to happen.