State of Peace

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair OG had allies on both sides of this conflict.

Correct, but no one on the Karma side they're allied to was defensively attacked, it takes balls to go into a war you know you're going to lose, especially with stats like theirs.

Correct, but no one on the Karma side they're allied to was defensively attacked, it takes balls to go into a war you know you're going to lose, especially with stats like theirs.

I can think of at least one (spoiler: it's the alliance I'm in).

For posterity's sake, can someone confirm if these were the only alliances that OG was engaged with, or do they still have other fronts open?

They are still at war with CCC if memory serves me correctly, but that should end soon as CCC only came in to defend GR. (It was an MDP after all.)

I can think of at least one (spoiler: it's the alliance I'm in).

I believe that was after OG had already engaged, no?

So did ODN :popcorn:

Congrats on the peace OG, you have my respect as always :)

ODN did what was expected though, OG stood by their allies.

Edited by Mogar

So did ODN :popcorn:

Thanks for pointing out what I wanted to say. Bashing one alliance for only honoring treaties on one side then praising another for doing the exact same thing is hypocrisy.

edit:

I believe that was after OG had already engaged, no?

That didn't make all other treaties null and void. You should hold all alliances to the same standards if you're going to play judge.

Edited by neneko

We've met our opponents on the field of battle, and fulfilled our obligations of debt and honor. We have found our opponents to have done no less. Now we shall disengage and repair to the alehouse for some hogsheads of Olde Guardian and Black Rose Ale.

We thank the Order for their honorable terms, and look forward to the future.

Wow... didn't expect OG to be one of the alliances to get white peace.

For posterity's sake, can someone confirm if these were the only alliances that OG was engaged with, or do they still have other fronts open?

All battlefronts we are involved in are concluded. As soon as we can get everyone to stand down.

namaste,

Sun Wukong

Triumvir, External Affairs (alt.)

Old Guard

Edited by Sun WuKong

Thanks for pointing out what I wanted to say. Bashing one alliance for only honoring treaties on one side then praising another for doing the exact same thing is hypocrisy.

edit:

That didn't make all other treaties null and void. You should hold all alliances to the same standards if you're going to play judge.

I bashed ODN for doing so, I honestly avoid most ODN threads because they know I hate them, I don't need to shove that point down their throat, and when an alliance is already engaged and in nuclear warfare, it's difficult to declare war, all supporting you would have done was fill up whatever defensive slots they had left open, if this war was conventional I'm sure they would have assisted.

Wow... didn't expect OG to be one of the alliances to get white peace.

OG was always a top candidate for such terms IMO.

You are very lucky to get away this easy, OG. You'd be wise to remain loyal to those who bailed you out.

OG went in knowing what were the odds. All their allies *know* OG will help through thick and thin, on either side. They don't need to prove their loyalty to anyone. Their actions speak louder than the words.

Congratulations to both sides to continue to set new standards for the next era.

Edited by shahenshah

I bashed ODN for doing so, I honestly avoid most ODN threads because they know I hate them, I don't need to shove that point down their throat, and when an alliance is already engaged and in nuclear warfare, it's difficult to declare war, all supporting you would have done was fill up whatever defensive slots they had left open, if this war was conventional I'm sure they would have assisted.

I'm not saying OG was wrong. They acted exactly as they should do and honored their treaties best they could. What I'm pointing out is your hypocrisy when flaming one side of the war for honoring treaties on one side and glorify the other side for the same act.

I'm not saying OG was wrong. They acted exactly as they should do and honored their treaties best they could. What I'm pointing out is your hypocrisy when flaming one side of the war for honoring treaties on one side and glorify the other side for the same act.

That is understandable.

Good job to all 3 parties.

One can arguably say the same about your side with as much confidence as you, it is a matter of perspective and many other things. I believe we should not invite 'No you' responses to our posts. Your point is understood tho.

Edited by shahenshah

One can say the same about your side with as much confidence as you. I believe we should not invite 'No you' responses to our posts.

...he says as he makes a 'no you' response.

Congratulations on peace to everyone involved. As Grand Admiral of the Greenland Republic Iceberg Armada I will have the icebergs turn around and head back to the poles as soon as possible. I bet you Old Guard members weren't expecting to see icebergs at the more tropical latitudes, were you?

Also congratulations to the Order of the Black Rose on a successful first foray into alliance warfare.

I was hoping for an apology to Vanguard for insulting their cuddliness at least, but I suppose this will have to do.

Thank you to our allies for coming to our aid during this conflict. And my hat's off to my OG opponent in this war for his (her?) good humour. Fun was had by all.

Edited by Sal Paradise