Surprise defection to push the drama button

Senes

I hereby announce my resignation from TPF, effective immediately and publicly shared with anyone interested in knowing. My primary intention is to retire, but at least for now I may decide to linger a while just to sit back and watch. My reasons for doing this are not directly because of the Karma war, but the fighting has indeed served as a good occasion to come back out of the long term idleness that I have had over the past year or so.

At some point shortly after GWIII, I guess I had a little too much fun and the whole world just became a blur. I wake up, and all of a sudden everything is different. FAN isn't with the Initiative any more and those Legion guys seem to have been with them at some point. If you think that's a hoot, I just found out that half my old comrades are now on the other side somehow. Assuming that I am in fact conscious; it would appear that there might still be plenty left to see in Planet Bob. I guess I should just go for a walk and start finding some of this stuff.

Before disappearing from Planet Bob altogether, my final goal is to look deeply into TPF-PC issues and try to help normalize pan-TotalFark relations even if it just means lessening the hostilities before the next war breaks out. Pursuant to that goal what I wish to do is join with my old comrades in Poison Clan, contribute to their growth and stability, and help seek out new meaning and significance in the world beyond old wounds that have recently reopened. I would be willing to lend myself to any pursuits other than the conflicts of past and present.

---

To The Phoenix Federation: I have no regrets about the time I spent with you, and I will continue contributing my strength for as long as enemies see it fit to include me in their wars. Beyond that point I do not intend to pursue any hostilities towards TPF, but rather I am just seeking a change of scenery. There is really not much deeper meaning to it than this, and those who know remember me from the old days should be able to see that. tl;dr going to hang out with old beer buddies.

To Poison Clan: as you may be aware, in the past there have been a few heated incidents inside TPF which resulted in a few people landing in PC. I was not personally involved in these events, and so I feel the most honorable thing would be to leave myself out issues that came from them. I would be interested in defecting from one side to another as soon as I feel that things have calmed down a little. I do not share anybody's grudges, but as long as there is more to PC than its connections with TPF then I would say I have plenty to contribute.

To Mushroom Kingdom: I consider hostilities between myself and your alliance to be unchanged, meaning that I'll be fine with standing alongside TPF in your eyes. For now I'll just absorb bullets and eat my sandvich, if anyone wishes to stop then they can simply cease targeting me. From my side; I give my word to not launch any aggressive wars against MK and will only be fighting defensively until you folks get bored.

That is all,

Senes of TF! (1st)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was probably not the best idea if you intend to keep playing CN.

To be honest, I don't. I haven't truly been serious about things since well before many of these issues began, but the reason I'm still here today was so that I could eventually throw the things I had made thus far into some theoretical major problem for TF/TPF that might arise one day.

The events going on at the time of writing seem like they're just the thing to fit that description, so I decided I might well just go for it.

edit: To clarify; I have every intention of serving what I feel are my old friends' best interests, it just happens that these people are evenly divided between both sides of a heated conflict and so there is no single simple way to approach this.

Edited by Senes

I'm not impressed.

You left The Phoenix Federation, by all accounts an honorable alliance (my alliance is in a state of war with them, so I think I have some credibility here) in order to join a !@#$@#$ lolPink alliance?

Are you kidding?

Enjoy the rest of your CN career with the mark of a deserter and a coward.

I'm not impressed.

You left The Phoenix Federation, by all accounts an honorable alliance (my alliance is in a state of war with them, so I think I have some credibility here) in order to join a !@#$@#$ lolPink alliance?

Are you kidding?

You think TPF is an honourable alliance?

Stop huffing paint, man.

Stop huffing paint, man.

I'd say we would have to be, considering Mhawk is going to apologise for TPF-PC relations after the war and Slayer is going to leave.

Not to mention the fact that most TPFers like PCers

I hereby announce my resignation from TPF, effective immediately and publicly shared with anyone interested in knowing. My primary intention is to retire, but at least for now I may decide to linger a while just to sit back and watch. My reasons for doing this are not directly because of the Karma war, but the fighting has indeed served as a good occasion to come back out of the long term idleness that I have had over the past year or so.

At some point shortly after GWIII, I guess I had a little too much fun and the whole world just became a blur. I wake up, and all of a sudden everything is different. FAN isn't with the Initiative any more and those Legion guys seem to have been with them at some point. If you think that's a hoot, I just found out that half my old comrades are now on the other side somehow. Assuming that I am in fact conscious; it would appear that there might still be plenty left to see in Planet Bob. I guess I should just go for a walk and start finding some of this stuff.

Before disappearing from Planet Bob altogether, my final goal is to look deeply into TPF-PC issues and try to help normalize pan-TotalFark relations even if it just means lessening the hostilities before the next war breaks out. Pursuant to that goal what I wish to do is join with my old comrades in Poison Clan, contribute to their growth and stability, and help seek out new meaning and significance in the world beyond old wounds that have recently reopened. I would be willing to lend myself to any pursuits other than the conflicts of past and present.

---

To The Phoenix Federation: I have no regrets about the time I spent with you, and I will continue contributing my strength for as long as enemies see it fit to include me in their wars. Beyond that point I do not intend to pursue any hostilities towards TPF, but rather I am just seeking a change of scenery. There is really not much deeper meaning to it than this, and those who know remember me from the old days should be able to see that. tl;dr going to hang out with old beer buddies.

To Poison Clan: as you may be aware, in the past there have been a few heated incidents inside TPF which resulted in a few people landing in PC. I was not personally involved in these events, and so I feel the most honorable thing would be to leave myself out issues that came from them. I would be interested in defecting from one side to another as soon as I feel that things have calmed down a little. I do not share anybody's grudges, but as long as there is more to PC than its connections with TPF then I would say I have plenty to contribute.

To Mushroom Kingdom: I consider hostilities between myself and your alliance to be unchanged, meaning that I'll be fine with standing alongside TPF in your eyes. For now I'll just absorb bullets and eat my sandvich, if anyone wishes to stop then they can simply cease targeting me. From my side; I give my word to not launch any aggressive wars against MK and will only be fighting defensively until you folks get bored.

That is all,

Senes of TF! (1st)

So you and Trohl have joined the same AA to fight opposite sides of the conflict? lulwut.

Regardless. It's about having fun and if ya aint havin it, ya gotta make a move. I wish you and the rest of my old comrades in PC and TF! the best of luck in the future.

Maybe after this ends, we can all tip back some Blue Moons. (Hat tip: Twisted!)

Until then: TO WAR!

o/ Total Clusterbach!

Stop huffing paint, man.

Oh, is this the famous conjecture I've been hearing so much about?

New Sith Order's only experience with The Phoenix Federation has been in our war with them, and through that experience, a favorable opinion of them has been formulated.

Take your political agenda to the propaganda thread.

I'm not impressed.

Are you kidding?

This is what I have to say as well.

Also, this isn't 2006. You don't need to announce your alliance changes.

Edited by New Frontier

Oh, is this the famous conjecture I've been hearing so much about?

New Sith Order's only experience with The Phoenix Federation has been in our war with them, and through that experience, a favorable opinion of them has been formulated.

Take your political agenda to the propaganda thread.

Shouldn't you do the same thing? Did you not call Poison Clan a "!@#$@#$ lolPink" alliance? What experience do you have with them? What experience does the NSO have with them?

Again, STOP HUFFING PAINT.

It's bad for your health.

I'd say we would have to be, considering Mhawk is going to apologise for TPF-PC relations after the war and Slayer is going to leave.

Not to mention the fact that most TPFers like PCers

Yet slayer isn't apologizing.

Slayer started it, Mhawk continued it.. means nothing if slayer isn't willing to apologize, and from your own account, he's not. Mhawk is only going to apologize now because he has no choice BUT to apologize.

It will be hollow, this I know for fact.

Shouldn't you do the same thing? Did you not call Poison Clan a "!@#$@#$ lolPink" alliance? What experience do you have with them? What experience does the NSO have with them?

Again, STOP HUFFING PAINT.

It's bad for your health.

Now you tell me it's bad for a persons health!

Roadie: World Champion gold paint sniffer from '05-'07.

Edit: Darn you, astronaut jones! Darn you! Where were you when I needed you!?

Edited by Roadie

It should have been obvious in what I said that I'm racist against Pink alliances.

This is a post, OP, that you should have saved for post-war. You were dealt cards, play them or fold and then move on with life. Apparently that is too much challenge for you.

Did you not read the post? He is going to continue fighting his wars. <_<

riiight.. nice attempt at a save. really. very, very believable.

Sorry that you don't believe me. lolPink had seen fit to insult Brown as a team color early in NSO's existence. The Brown-Pink rivalry has been put on hold due to larger political events.

Please educate yourself prior to replying to my posts.

Did you not read the post? He is going to continue fighting his wars. <_<

He also indicated that he will not start new ones in support of TPF, regardless of orders. It sounds like he wants to fight the war his way or no way to me. It doesn't work that way.

Sorry that you don't believe me. lolPink had seen fit to insult Brown as a team color early in NSO's existence. The Brown-Pink rivalry has been put on hold due to larger political events.

Please educate yourself prior to replying to my posts.

riiiight.

Okay there, sonny.