Karma, who are you?

Alterego

No spin, no beans, just curious. It might seem clear to people in Karma who you are, outside Karma we see people in alliances saying there are in Karma and others in the same alliance saying they not in Karma. Just look at how vague some answers have been. Now I know, MK and Gramlins run Karma. Thanks for the help spud.

They don't. They're the ones who can help you get answers about Karma, that doesn't mean they necessarily lead Karma. Once again, to say that Karma is an organization, a unit, a bloc, a faction, whatever is a fallacy. We're a collection of people, many of whom don't really like at least a few of the other alliances involved. It came together like it is now.

Personally I have absolutely no loyalty to say..TOP and TSO. Or half of the other alliances involved. No offense to them, I just don't know them and I frankly don't give a damn. CnG and our direct allies whom I know, Nemesis, STA, even NSO I rather like and am happy to fight alongside. The rest of you...well I've already said my thoughts.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Karma. I know many people on my side of the war aren't. There are spokesmen of Karma and a few leaderish people in Karma but they hardly control the coalition (in fact how uncontrollable and unwilling to cooperate several members of the "faction" are is causing some issues).

Karma is incredibly loose, surprisingly unorganized and shortly after this war ends we'll fracture apart and a lot of us will be at each other's throats. Frankly, I can't wait.

Clear. Coherent. Sensible. Your post delivers.

No spin, no beans, just curious. It might seem clear to people in Karma who you are, outside Karma we see people in alliances saying there are in Karma and others in the same alliance saying they not in Karma. Just look at how vague some answers have been. Now I know, MK and Gramlins run Karma. Thanks for the help spud.

Look at it this way. We have a "players union" in a pro sport. Which team runs it? Certain players and ex-players step up to handle things logistically or diplomatically, but that doesn't mean the teams they're associated with necessarily control the union. When people tell you to talk to Archon or LiquidMercury (especially when LM says it, which he did, somewhere -- not that I'm going to go back and find the quote), they mean what they say. Those guys are among the active, driving individuals, and if they can't answer your question or resolve your issue, they'll be able to direct you to the right person. Simple, really, once you wade through all the crumbled up papers on the ground contradicting each other.

Now I know, MK and Gramlins run Karma

Okay, now we know the spin the question was designed to set up. Archon and LM are acting as the public face of Karma because someone has to. That does not mean that their alliances are running Karma.

Okay, now we know the spin the question was designed to set up. Archon and LM are acting as the public face of Karma because someone has to. That does not mean that their alliances are running Karma.

Everybody should know FOK is running Karma, we only did not have someone to spare to actually write an announcement. :P

Everybody should know FOK is running Karma, we only did not have someone to spare to actually write an announcement. :P

Ah, so FOK is the one coordinating the alliances, the big boss of Karma?

Ah, so FOK is the one coordinating the alliances, the big boss of Karma?

No. For the gazillionth time, Karma is NOT a bloc. Hence there is no big boss. Archon and LiquidMercury are coordinating the effort but they are NOT doing it as leaders of MK and Grämlins.

Can you Hegemony lot please read before posting the same questions over and over again?

No. For the gazillionth time, Karma is NOT a bloc. Hence there is no big boss. Archon and LiquidMercury are coordinating the effort but they are NOT doing it as leaders of MK and Grämlins.

Can you Hegemony lot please read before posting the same questions over and over again?

In that case, what does "FOK is running Karma" mean?

In that case, what does "FOK is running Karma" mean?

I'll give you a hint: it starts with "j" and finishes in "-oke". If you still don't get it, the smiley at the end of his post will be the final clue. If all fails, ask an alliance mate.

Hegemony is not a bloc We who you call Hegemony are just a group of alliances not fighting on the karma side of the war. We have no chain of command, no leader and no forum for communication. Hegemony, unless Im mistaken was a propaganda buzz word used by Vox that seems to have caught on with people in the new Karma bloc.

Hegemony is not a bloc We who you call Hegemony are just a group of alliances not fighting on the karma side of the war. We have no chain of command, no leader and no forum for communication. Hegemony, unless Im mistaken was a propaganda buzz word used by Vox that seems to have caught on with people in the new Karma bloc.

Where did you see me call Hegemony a bloc?

Where did you see me call Hegemony a bloc?

Its been implied for a some time now. We all have Stockholm syndrome or are puppets to a greater power. Our alliances are all run by someone else, rubbish. The months of insults and put downs will probably be harder to repair than the physical damage of war. Infra can be rebuilt quickly while the comments and moral judgments remain on for all time.

The months of insults and put downs will probably be harder to repair than the physical damage of war. Infra can be rebuilt quickly while the comments and moral judgments remain on for all time.

Heh, welcome to the world of GATO. (or what was our world for a long time!)

It's your choice to fight in support of aggression and bullying, you can expect a few harsh words from a few people for doing so. But I don't recall seeing anything worse than the usual wartime posting, or anyone claiming Hegemony is one single entity. I think you're projecting your own confused thoughts about Karma there.

Hegemony is more of a bloc than Karma is though, since at its core it has two interconnected real blocs (Continuum and One Vision) and the primary alliances (NPO and IRON) are in both. However, from my observations I must agree that it seems you have no unified chain of command ;)

Its been implied for a some time now. We all have Stockholm syndrome or are puppets to a greater power. Our alliances are all run by someone else, rubbish. The months of insults and put downs will probably be harder to repair than the physical damage of war. Infra can be rebuilt quickly while the comments and moral judgments remain on for all time.

I could give you the usual "Your side has been doing it before so you'll to deal with it" argument but this won't help much, will it? People are just fed up with the attitude of some alliances on your side and decided to speak up. Some in harsh terms, some with not so harsh terms. It happens every time. On both sides. I don't see the "put downs and insults" as any worse as the trash talking usual in times of war. I'm sure you'll get over it.

I, for one, use both "Karma" and "Hegemony" to name the sides. There is no way in hell I'm going to start each and everyone single alliance when I'm talking about this war. It would be tedious typing NPO, TPF, OG, MCXA, NATO, Valhalla, IRON, Echelon, GGA, Soldier, Terra Prime, TSI, UF, IRAN, 64Digits, FEAR, UCN, The Legion, Nebula-X, UPN, Invicta, OMFG, Pegasus, Olympus, BAPS, Tempest, TORN, Elysium (2nd), Aurora Borealis, Zenith, SSSW18, Veritas Aequitas, GDA, GRAN, OFLC, NEW, RDD, TOOL, TFD, Wolfpack, Molon Labe, -AiD-, FnKa, NADC, Nod, Avalon and DOOM each time Hegemony is mentionned.

Edited by potato

It's your choice to fight in support of aggression and bullying, you can expect a few harsh words from a few people for doing so.

We fight in defense of purple not in support of aggression & bullying. The comments I mentioned predate the war by months.

I could give you the usual "Your side has been doing it before so you'll to deal with it" argument but this won't help much, will it? People are just fed up with the attitude of some alliances on your side and decided to speak up. Some in harsh terms, some with not so harsh terms. It happens every time. On both sides. I don't see the "put downs and insults" as any worse as the trash talking usual in times of war. I'm sure you'll get over it.

I, for one, use both "Karma" and "Hegemony" to name the sides. There is no way in hell I'm going to start each and everyone single alliance when I'm talking about this war. It would be tedious typing NPO, TPF, OG, MCXA, NATO, Valhalla, IRON, Echelon, GGA, Soldier, Terra Prime, TSI, UF, IRAN, 64Digits, FEAR, UCN, The Legion, Nebula-X, UPN, Invicta, OMFG, Pegasus, Olympus, BAPS, Tempest, TORN, Elysium (2nd), Aurora Borealis, Zenith, SSSW18, Veritas Aequitas, GDA, GRAN, OFLC, NEW, RDD, TOOL, TFD, Wolfpack, Molon Labe, -AiD-, FnKa, NADC, Nod, Avalon and DOOM each time Hegemony is mentionned.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort you made in your post.

Edited by Alterego

I'm glad we're special enough to get on your list.

It's your choice to fight in support of aggression and bullying, you can expect a few harsh words from a few people for doing so.

Loaded words. You claim this is what every alliance on our side is doing, and yet if the truth about this war ever gets out, it will become clear that's not what we're doing.

If Karma had wanted an end to attacks on OV, it was available to them the day after the initial attacks, by your very own admission. So do not spin this as an attempt to defend against unwarranted aggression, because if simple defense had been your goal, the solution was there.

This is all about revenge and control.

....we are all karma and no one is karma

Like, wow....man.

Karma is incredibly loose, surprisingly unorganized and shortly after this war ends we'll fracture apart and a lot of us will be at each other's throats. Frankly, I can't wait.

An alliance of convenience? On my Planet Bob? Say it ain't so!

Loaded words. You claim this is what every alliance on our side is doing, and yet if the truth about this war ever gets out, it will become clear that's not what we're doing.

If Karma had wanted an end to attacks on OV, it was available to them the day after the initial attacks, by your very own admission. So do not spin this as an attempt to defend against unwarranted aggression, because if simple defense had been your goal, the solution was there.

Uhh no.

It's Karma. That isnt a person, or a group. It is the principle better known in the western tradition with the phrase "as ye sew so shall ye reap."

Also relevant in these times of chaos is the concept of Heaven's Mandate.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir