Karma, who are you?

Alterego

Which alliances are in Karma and who are the leaders of karma?

Its the question of our time and its hard to get a straight answer to this question. People are claiming to be in Karma and others from the same alliance are denying they are in Karma. People are being told to speak to Karma leaders and later being told their are no Karma leaders.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karma is a catch-all term for the loose coalition that is fighting against the Hegemony. It is difficult to state exactly who is or isn't in it (for example TOP, NSO and NpO are fighting alliances on the Hegemony side of the war, but I believe don't consider themselves to be within Karma). However, as a general guide, if we are at war with a One Vision or Continuum alliance then we are part of Karma.

Karma is not a formal structure and therefore it does not have formal leaders. However, if you want to discuss something on a semi-official level with the coalition, you should talk to Archon or LiquidMercury, who have taken on the role of leader in so far as there is one.

So, Archon and LiquidMercury will take messages to whomever is appropriate for the situation? Or they will consult their 'list' of each alliance's policy regarding the war and give an answer?

They will at the very least be able to arrange a meeting with the appropriate people, which will be representatives from some or all of the alliances fighting on your front. I'm not that involved with the political side of Karma so I don't know exactly how it works, but if you want to discuss something with 'Karma' then they will certainly be able to help you.

Karma is so loose right now that even if you say you're not part of it, you probably really are. It's more of a series of DoWs than an actual organization. So, deny it all you'd like, but you're actually a part of Karma when you fight against anyone in or with "The Hegemony" this war, even if you're doing it "just to honor treaty obligations."

I would say that Archon, LiquidMercury, and Roquentin are the people you would go to if you had any questions about Karma.

Edited by Commisar Gaunt

Karma is so loose right now that even if you say you're not part of it, you probably really are. It's more of a series of DoWs than an actual organization. So, deny it all you'd like, but you're actually a part of Karma when you fight against anyone in or with "The Hegemony" this war, even if you're doing it "just to honor treaty obligations."

I would say that Archon, LiquidMercury, and Roquentin are the people you would go to if you had any questions about Karma.

I would argue the opposite, that Karma is more about the motivations involved in its members than their actual actions.

I would argue the opposite, that Karma is more about the motivations involved in its members than their actual actions.

Well, I suppose the way I was looking at it is the eventual outcome fueled by the alliances participating in these wars such as NpO, STA etc. They're all contributing to the same end as alliances filled with people who openly declare themselves to be Karma.

I guess this might turn into a discussion of philosophy soon enough :P

Well, I suppose the way I was looking at it is the eventual outcome fueled by the alliances participating in these wars such as NpO, STA etc. They're all contributing to the same end as alliances filled with people who openly declare themselves to be Karma.

I guess this might turn into a discussion of philosophy soon enough :P

I was looking at it in the terms of the Karma "leaders" themselves. For them, this is a war of getting even, of revolution.

For us, it is a war of honour, and of standing by our friends. I don't oppose people like TPF, because they have done the same things that we have. We fight on the battlefield as equals, each with honour we can take home when it's all said and done.

Call me crazy but whatever issue caused you to ask this question has a very simple answer.

Talk to the people ATTACKING you. I know I know - its complicated and all.

Sure, one can open a conversation with nations one is at war with, but that does not answer the question of who Karma is.

I submit that this Karma is not a doctrine of something that balances the books regarding an inevitable cause/effect situation, therefore it will not lead to reaching a state of Brahman.

I do not think Karma is really *that* loose of a group...otherwise like how some people maybe saying, it would be a mob. I think it will be unjustified to call Karma a mob. So no, Karma isnt a mob, it is much more organized group.

Politically speaking, I feel there is a *Core* group, around which there is another group, the group that has less political power than the core group, may have more pixel power, but I said "politically"..and it may have recent Karma additions and some others whose support is important, whether they claim to be part of Karma or not is a moot point, the actions are what matters. And then a third one around that which are alliances that are tied via treaties and then we have a fourth group, people who have loose affiliations and arguably some band wagoners.

The group is organized enough at the core to at least make rationally acceptable decisions and strategies regarding the war. Group is also organized enough as seen by logs to have a representative coherently and clearly present terms of peace that as claimed were representative of the people he spoke for. For me, that is organized enough for a war and given the claimed short-term goals of the group. What more organized group you want than that? Planning is sound, execution is sound, communication is sound and without any charter or other things, flexibility is sound. So given the times of war, the group is functioning very well and how it should be.

Yes there maybe great diversity of opinion on various fronts and the fact the group is cohesive despite that as far as war is concerned makes one wonder how can a group be effective with such diverse group of people, surely there must be more organization than what people may suggest.

To claim that it is a rag tag mob or something along those lines, would not only be an insult to intelligence, but an insult to Karma and an insult to Hegemony.

It is probably loose and all in the outer and mid rims, but the core is hot and solid.

Edited by shahenshah

^ I guess that works

To me the only intent of trying to break down who Karma IS and Isnt is just a ploy to try and accelerate the inevitable fracturing of "Karmas" various sides of the war. I cant think of any other real reason why it matters to be honest.

Edited by Paradigm

I can't think of any issues that would require talking to "Karma" as a whole, rather than just to those attacking you, so what does it matter who Karma is?

So two years down the line we don't have every Tom Dick or Harry tell us that "You know we were in Karma too and we took down Hegemony". Okay, lulz aside,

History should be as accurate as possible when the time line is going through such dramatic events. I guess the Karma side is the one mentioned on Karma war page on wikia.

Karma seems to be C&G, Superfriends, and an assortment of independents.

NSO, NpO, STA, and TGR are not a part of Karma.

I will not name names but I will say that some of the people you name as not in Karma are some of the most active people in the 'karma" private communication areas.

I will not name names but I will say that some of the people you name as not in Karma are some of the most active people in the 'karma" private communication areas.

I know STA does think of itself as Karma. We're just on the outer edge of the war is all.