Trident waves farewell.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, the best possible "color unity" treaty should be a NAP-style treaty that is specifically worded to trump aggressive treaties and chaining defensive ones. Sort of like saying to people outside that sphere, "Look, we're allies - but THESE people are my family."

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd totally try to set something like that up.

You mean the orange unity treaty?

Its been used a few times to try and get in wars, but in general its a "we all have our friends, but we dont attack each other and we keep the trades stable" agreement.

I believe Nak meant a treaty that specifically couldn't be used to "get in wars".

Partly. I was also mostly implying that AQUA needs something like that, since I'm in Aqua and the peace and tranquility of Orange is absolutely meaningless to me. :P

But I'd definitely love to see an "I'll honor outside treaties, but I won't fight my trading partners" sort of deal, where any alliance in the given sphere can invoke the NAP and trump any other treaty if they choose to do so. Especially in cases where the fight in question is deliberately provoked from outside the sphere or is do solely to chaining treaties. Something where there might still be ways to oppose people within your sphere if you think they're being idiots, but at the same time, encouraging problems to be solved through reason and discussion as opposed to war.

So, theoretically, if one of your outside allies is going to war with someone in your sphere, you don't have to feel compelled to help them murder one of your close neighbors solely because THEY don't get along. But at the same time, that protection would need to be more voluntary than mandatory, so people wouldn't be chained to it. It would be a shield to encourage friendship, not a cudgel to enforce conformity.

In a way, I'm mostly pushing for something that would allow alliances to follow their own moral compass and not betray one friend for another, while still putting it in treaty terms to satisfy the childish desire for "MOAR PAPER!" that most of the CN legalists seem to think is the only way to justify any action ever.

And like I said, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd totally draft something like that up and start trying to sell it to Aqua as a whole. :rolleyes:

Partly. I was also mostly implying that AQUA needs something like that, since I'm in Aqua and the peace and tranquility of Orange is absolutely meaningless to me. :P

But I'd definitely love to see an "I'll honor outside treaties, but I won't fight my trading partners" sort of deal, where any alliance in the given sphere can invoke the NAP and trump any other treaty if they choose to do so. Especially in cases where the fight in question is deliberately provoked from outside the sphere or is do solely to chaining treaties. Something where there might still be ways to oppose people within your sphere if you think they're being idiots, but at the same time, encouraging problems to be solved through reason and discussion as opposed to war.

So, theoretically, if one of your outside allies is going to war with someone in your sphere, you don't have to feel compelled to help them murder one of your close neighbors solely because THEY don't get along. But at the same time, that protection would need to be more voluntary than mandatory, so people wouldn't be chained to it. It would be a shield to encourage friendship, not a cudgel to enforce conformity.

In a way, I'm mostly pushing for something that would allow alliances to follow their own moral compass and not betray one friend for another, while still putting it in treaty terms to satisfy the childish desire for "MOAR PAPER!" that most of the CN legalists seem to think is the only way to justify any action ever.

And like I said, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd totally draft something like that up and start trying to sell it to Aqua as a whole. :rolleyes:

Step in to my office, Nak... :)

Also, MHA and Fark sign something already <_<

That has to happen. FARK and MHA unaligned is inconceivable. The people demand the "Stan, the Farking Hitchhiker Accords" with an appropriate photo. I suggest the following:

hobo-2.jpg

This is a good example of the ridiculousness of being in like 5 blocs.

Ehh, according to my information MHA is a member of 0 blocs at the moment. :) But I sure would like us to be a member of a Aquatron-bloc (MHA, FARK, Gramlins, TDO, MK, NATO) :awesome:

Ok, this is the worse news i have ever heard :( . As a joint protectorate of Trident (talking about Guru Order here) i have to say that you guys are really cool and much closer to each other than you think. I was hoping you could find some compromise once this all came to an end, man this day has started off really crap.

I think this is a treesome-divorce that has no negative impact on the children. GO will have its own bedroom in 3 houses from now (incuding tv, pc and your own fridge). Sounds awesome to me.

Ehh, according to my information MHA is a member of 0 blocs at the moment. :) But I sure would like us to be a member of a Aquatron-bloc (MHA, FARK, Gramlins, TDO, MK, NATO) :awesome:

I think this is a treesome-divorce that has no negative impact on the children. GO will have its own bedroom in 3 houses from now (incuding tv, pc and your own fridge). Sounds awesome to me.

That would be nice.

Attacking the children could get you hurt.