Trident waves farewell.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While sad to see a long standing treaty fall such as the Trident its one of the sad but necessary evils in todays politics. The signatories from my working with all three in the past have one thing in common and that is aqua peace. While the aqua alliances may not see eye to eye with very few exceptions they are for sphere peace.

I wish all three alliances luck in the future, I know this has been a difficult decision, but I complement each alliance for doing what is right and following their alliance visions for the future and realizing Trident wasn't part of that vision.

Good Honorable show aqua o/

Ok, this is the worse news i have ever heard :( . As a joint protectorate of Trident (talking about Guru Order here) i have to say that you guys are really cool and much closer to each other than you think. I was hoping you could find some compromise once this all came to an end, man this day has started off really crap.

Ok, this is the worse news i have ever heard :( . As a joint protectorate of Trident (talking about Guru Order here) i have to say that you guys are really cool and much closer to each other than you think. I was hoping you could find some compromise once this all came to an end, man this day has started off really crap.

Mentor, from my perspective, it isn't as bad as it looks. This isn't the first time that Trident members have ended up on opposite sides of a war. The signatories hold no ill will toward each other or plans on destroying each other. It has been a good solid bloc, but lacking common goals and is time to move on. Good in that we can all respect and like each other yet find different ways. Aqua still does, and likely will always have a mutual respect for each other.

[OOC] Now I sound like my ex-wife LOL [/OOC]

Alliances need to do a better job of making their treaties accurately reflect actual relationships, especially in the case of an MADP. Here, it is unsurprising that responsible leaders are doing that, and much more remarkable that such a strong treaty lasted nearly two years. It is a credit to the people in all three alliances that it lasted as long as it did, and a credit to a remarkably stable Aqua sphere.

Kudos to MHA, NATO and Fark for stepping back from an MADP and reassessing, and in general to moves away from aggressive treaties.

Alliances need to do a better job of making their treaties accurately reflect actual relationships, especially in the case of an MADP. Here, it is unsurprising that responsible leaders are doing that, and much more remarkable that such a strong treaty lasted nearly two years. It is a credit to the people in all three alliances that it lasted as long as it did, and a credit to a remarkably stable Aqua sphere.

Kudos to MHA, NATO and Fark for stepping back from an MADP and reassessing, and in general to moves away from aggressive treaties.

Thank you for your kind and wise words Floyd, as always. :wub:

Sad to see, but it's worth noting that while we have taken a different direction of late there is still and independent MDP between MHA and NATO and while we have no current treaty with FARK recent relations have been excellent and we love them loads. There is still a future for MHA/NATO/Fark relations, but Trident unfortunately isn't it.

This treaty didn't really reflect the relationship, so I'm not that sad to see it go. As long as all three alliances are still committed to a harmonious Aqua, and I have no reason to believe that they aren't, then there is still a bright future for these relationships.

Also, MHA and Fark sign something already <_<

Good to see redundant stuff being removed, especially the one that nobody cares about.

I guess this is also good news for orange o\ Orange

In the same way that it's good news for every other color in the spectrum? What makes Orange so special?

Sad to see this come to fruition, being one of the oldest treaties we held, but we've been talking about downgrading or eliminating it for a long time, far before the war started.

NATO remains committed to aqua unity, and will work towards that end, but Trident was a remnant of a very different world.

o/ Fark

o/ MHA

o/ Aqua

I really don't see why sphere stability is measured in bloc treaties. I assume it has to do with the usual deficiencies in the average intelligence of this family of nations.

If anything, the best possible "color unity" treaty should be a NAP-style treaty that is specifically worded to trump aggressive treaties and chaining defensive ones. Sort of like saying to people outside that sphere, "Look, we're allies - but THESE people are my family."

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd totally try to set something like that up.

If anything, the best possible "color unity" treaty should be a NAP-style treaty that is specifically worded to trump aggressive treaties and chaining defensive ones. Sort of like saying to people outside that sphere, "Look, we're allies - but THESE people are my family."

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd totally try to set something like that up.

That is a good idea, but with the amount of large alliances now on Aqua not sure it will be easy to organize, besides i am pretty sure there are allot of them that won't be interested in signing one of those, lets see how it goes once this war finally ends