How do you want peace to be handled

Machiabelly

If Karma wins, what should the peace terms be?  

1,140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say they did it to others, so they deserve it to happen to them. But if you do it to them, you now deserve to have it happen to you, according to your own theory. That's why karma is such a stupid theory.

I really ought to save some of the responses in this thread for the future. ;)

-Bama

You deserve to have it, why should you not at least get heavy terms? It is not like TPF will be forced to disband.

You say they did it to others, so they deserve it to happen to them. But if you do it to them, you now deserve to have it happen to you, according to your own theory. That's why karma is such a stupid theory.

I really ought to save some of the responses in this thread for the future. ;)

-Bama

On the other hand it would be utterly retarded to take down an alliance proven to be ambitious, dangerous, and willing to do anything to avenge any random slight they can think of down by several million NS and give them...white peace. If the alliances of the Continuum and One Vision are not given terms that make it indisputable that they lost then really we shouldn't have started this war in the first place - you fight to destroy your enemy's power, not to slap him on the wrist and pray pray pray they never come back looking for revenge.

On the other hand it would be utterly retarded to take down an alliance proven to be ambitious, dangerous, and willing to do anything to avenge any random slight they can think of down by several million NS and give them...white peace. If the alliances of the Continuum and One Vision are not given terms that make it indisputable that they lost then really we shouldn't have started this war in the first place - you fight to destroy your enemy's power, not to slap him on the wrist and pray pray pray they never come back looking for revenge.

Peace through overwhelming firepower :smug:

I didn't say that I thought we'd get white peace. I just said that the idea that "they did it, so they deserve it right back, so we're going to do it to them" is ridiculous. If they deserve it because they did it, and you do it, you now deserve it back according to your own theory.

-Bama

So Karma has an avg NS 3k higher than Hegemony, and has 3x the nations and Nukes... and you were making a point somewhere in there?

Yes. Even with 3x the nations and 3x the nukes, the average Horde nation is only just 3k NS bigger than the average Hegemony nation. Meaning Even with sheer numbers, the average nation in the Horde really isn't that big. Now, if the average NS was also 3x more than the average Hegemony NS, it would be some sort of an accomplishment.

I didn't say that I thought we'd get white peace. I just said that the idea that "they did it, so they deserve it right back, so we're going to do it to them" is ridiculous. If they deserve it because they did it, and you do it, you now deserve it back according to your own theory.

-Bama

Fair enough, though with the hegemony saying we're "just as bad as them" and thus openly admitting they were horrible jerks they'll have a hard time rehabilitating their image to actually gather sympathy to follow through from anybody but each other.

Yes. Even with 3x the nations and 3x the nukes, the average Horde nation is only just 3k NS bigger than the average Hegemony nation. Meaning Even with sheer numbers, the average nation in the Horde really isn't that big. Now, if the average NS was also 3x more than the average Hegemony NS, it would be some sort of an accomplishment.

You gotta love this kind of posturing.

"Sure we're getting our butts handed to us and we've been knocked off our pedestal, but you guys could be bigger!"

By your logic, you're being defeated by a relatively inferior force. What does that say of you?

You mean like if TOP hit IRON or NPO? or would it still have to ahve 3x the Nations and 3x the Nukes?

And I'm sorry but your point that us having 3x the nations and nukes than you isn't a valid reason that we are winning the war, despite also have a higher ANS is lost on those of us with logic and common sense.

-Bama

I tend to agree with your sentiment, however I'll go ahead and play devils advocate.

If a man murders another man, and is sentenced to death by execution by the court of his nation, is the person who executes him also guilty of murder?

You gotta love this kind of posturing.

"Sure we're getting our butts handed to us and we've been knocked off our pedestal, but you guys could be bigger!"

By your logic, you're being defeated by a relatively inferior force. What does that say of you?

I wasn't posturing. I was just responding to the fact that apparently the Horde was really impressive for having 3x the nations as Hegemony and 3x the nukes. It really wasn't all that surprising, since everybody seemed to jump on the anti-Hegemony bandwagon.

And that's the thing about a Horde, isn't it? They're weak individually and can apparently only do you damage when they outnumber you 3 to 1.

EDIT: I didn't bring up the entire 3x thing. The original post I replied to said that because the Horde has 3x the nations and 3x the nukes, it justified harsh action against Hegemony, which basically meant that the Horde's strength came in numbers.

Edited by edikroma

I wasn't posturing. I was just responding to the fact that apparently the Horde was really impressive for having 3x the nations as Hegemony and 3x the nukes. It really wasn't all that surprising, since everybody seemed to jump on the anti-Hegemony bandwagon.

And that's the thing about a Horde, isn't it? They're weak individually and can apparently only do you damage when they outnumber you 3 to 1.

Haha - coming from someone who was/is in tC, I can only wonder what it says about a group that can only do damage when they outnumber others 8 to 1...

Haha - coming from someone who was/is in tC, I can only wonder what it says about a group that can only do damage when they outnumber others 8 to 1...

This, pretty much. Especially coming from TPF; who attacked Avalanche, a 7nth of their size. Truly, the "Horde" is at fault here.

You might want to familiarize yourself with your alliance's previous military engagements before you go talking out of your $@! like that. For example, are you aware that TPF led the charge against Norden Verein in a battle with nation ratios of 5 to 1? So you know, think before you say stupid things.

Edited by Captain Flinders

Heh reminds how you people all jumped on the curbstomp bandwagon...more than once :rolleyes:

EDIT: I didn't bring up the entire 3x thing. The original post I replied to said that because the Horde has 3x the nations and 3x the nukes, it justified harsh action against Hegemony, which basically meant that the Horde's strength came in numbers.

Except they aren't weak individually, didn't you say they average 3K NS stronger per nation? That has to be at least 15% stronger...I am not going to bother too look up exact Avg. NS...but I feel confident it would be that.

There are honorable terms that can accomplish that, but installing a viceroy or forcing a disband, issuing PZI on leaders/peace nations, or violating their sovereignty to chose their government is unacceptable in my opinion. Instead, you can issue rep demands, and have their largest nations responsible for the bulk of the tech to be paid; you can remove their military and force them to keep that standard for a length of time. Those are just some examples of how to accomplish what you seek without stooping to the levels of those that we are fighting.

Something in this thread, that to me, is very disheartening, has come to my attention.

There are many in here who ask for the disbandment of the New Pacific Order. There are also those who wish to have every surrender term ever issued by the New Pacific Order to be placed upon them. My friends, comrades, allies, this is not what karma is about. Karma, the coalition, is about changing all that has been wrong in the cyberverse for more than two years now.

Comrades, allies, friends, and even to my enemies in the New Pacific Order, this is not what we should be asking for. If you want something to change, YOU must be the change you believe in. If you do not change right here, right now, the terms that are to be given out, you will be an advocate of those terms that you are currently fighting so hard to rid this world of.

An eye for an eye will make the world blind. A tooth for a tooth will give every man, woman, and child nothing to eat their meals with. A limb for a limb will leave every man dead, and so on.

All that is necessary for evils to continue, is for good men to do nothing. If you truly want change, YOU must start the change yourself. If you do not ask for the change, even when it is for your worst enemy, then you are not a true advocate of change.

Yes, I would like to see the New Pacific Order suffer as I have suffered. I would just love to watch the New Pacific Order wriggle and writhe in suffering of the pain they have inflicted upon my brother's in the National Alliance of Arctic Countries, LUE, IAA, LOSS, and countless other alliances. But for the sake of this coalition, for the sake of change, I do not stomp the New Pacific Order while in their own IRC channel, I do not walk up to Moo-cows and say hateful things, I do none of that. Why not? Because I want to see change, so I make sure the change starts with MY actions, MY words, and MY thoughts. Not just THEIRS.

And for those of you who say I am pro-Hegemony, or Pro-New Pacific Order, I say read again, and look at who I am, but this does not stop me from knowing that, if we all change, the New Pacific Order will have no choice but to change. If they continue their ways that the majority of the world hates, then they will eventually lose all support, but if the rest of the world uses their methods, we become the very being we fought so hard to protect ourselves from.

This is merely my opinion, and what do I know, I'm just some kid.

EDIT: Sorry for the wall of text. It may not be compared to some, but, I try to keep my posts as short as I would like them if I was reading them, and this is a wall-of-text that I would debate on reading.

Edited by Asriel Belacqua

Heh reminds how you people all jumped on the curbstomp bandwagon...more than once :rolleyes:

And this, coming from the ODN, is rather... interesting, to say the least. You bailed out on your brother alliance in time of need, not under the excuse of, "Oh, well, you guys are on the wrong," but more of "Oh crap, we're going to get curbstomped. Bail out to save our rank and ns!"

No idea how you had the balls to show up and post in such a topic when you're in ODN. Horribly embarrassing.