How do you want peace to be handled

Machiabelly

If Karma wins, what should the peace terms be?  

1,140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

oh and lets not forget that quite a few of the alliances on the karma side hate each other :awesome:

if one party want to offer light terms and one wants to offer harsh terms, who do you think the fallen hegemony will side with in the next big conflict?

It's cute that the hedgemony would think about sticking together. :>

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cute that the hedgemony would think about sticking together. :>

I doubt it will all stay together; quite a few alliances have already 'left'. You learn who your real friends are in conflicts like these though.

You also learn about the alliances you never ever want to be allied to (oh hai Sparta/MHA/TOP/ODN)

I doubt it will all stay together; quite a few alliances have already 'left'. You learn who your real friends are in conflicts like these though.

You also learn about the alliances you never ever want to be allied to (oh hai Sparta/MHA/TOP/ODN)

Wait... don't you mean like MCXA, Valhalla, TPF, IRON, etc?

Wait... don't you mean like MCXA, Valhalla, TPF, IRON, etc?

Nope, those are actually a list of alliances I've gained a lot of respect for over this war. Kronos is another alliance I've gained a lot of respect for :)

NPO and their immediate cronies should get terms fitting their own standards. Well, that would be unnecessarily cruel.

A middle ground would be several hundred thousand tech and decoming all wonders for reps, better then forced disbandment or eternal war, amirite?

Nope, those are actually a list of alliances I've gained a lot of respect for over this war. Kronos is another alliance I've gained a lot of respect for :)

My point was that you're harping on TOP, MHA, NpO, ODN and Sparta for cancelling before the war or honoring some of their treaties and no others, but didn't bring up IRON, TPF, MCXA, etc who all attempted to cancel their treaties in the face of destruction, and then when called out by the entire community, came running back. I can't speak on behalf of the NPO or any other alliance, but from the words of pacificans and those of other alliances, it appears it'll be harder for those involved in the "Shame>Infra" community to overcome this FA/PR nightmare than those that you cited.

I am not Pacifica, and if I have any say, I would not be giving Pacifica style terms. Enough is enough. Those of you who ask for ridiculous terms or forced disbandments are clearly not committed to the change you so loudly asked for.

My point was that you're harping on TOP, MHA, NpO, ODN and Sparta for cancelling before the war or honoring some of their treaties and no others, but didn't bring up IRON, TPF, MCXA, etc who all attempted to cancel their treaties in the face of destruction, and then when called out by the entire community, came running back. I can't speak on behalf of the NPO or any other alliance, but from the words of pacificans and those of other alliances, it appears it'll be harder for those involved in the "Shame>Infra" community to overcome this FA/PR nightmare than those that you cited.

I don't believe for one second that those alliances were going to sit it out, and I have yet to see any evidence that they were going to.

The entire basis for the Shame>Infra group seem to be their cancellations on the NPO and although I can't speak for all of those alliances, I know the reasons quite a few of them cancelled and it was not to bail on the NPO. Your side has spun it brilliantly, but that's all it is, a spin.

At the same time those alliances all joined the war in defence of the NPO. Even if they were 'shamed' into the war (which they weren't), who really cares? They still fought and are still fighting for the NPO's side against overwhelming odds which is more than anyone can say for the alliances I listed.

Hell most of the ones I listed not only supported but were a part of the hegemony for the last few years or so. Funny how we all suddenly became too evil for them the second it looked like we might not have a curbstomp on our hands right?

I am not Pacifica, and if I have any say, I would not be giving Pacifica style terms. Enough is enough. Those of you who ask for ridiculous terms or forced disbandments are clearly not committed to the change you so loudly asked for.

Who's asking for "forced" disbandment? The brutal truth is that NPO is forcing karmas hand when it comes to their inevtible peace terms. Read up on GW1 if you don't understand why the NPO won't be given white peace.

Who's asking for "forced" disbandment? The brutal truth is that NPO is forcing karmas hand when it comes to their inevtible peace terms. Read up on GW1 if you don't understand why the NPO won't be given white peace.

I was there for Great War I. I'm not asking for white peace. But there are a significant number whose bloodlust outweighs their reason. Pacifica will not receive an easy peace, but she will not be forced to disband.

Easy enough:

White peace to all but those in Q and 1V.

To those in 1V and Q, light terms are given and probably some light military decom (not including wonders) for about 60 days along with the relinquishment of the Moldavi Doctrine and the freedom of FAN, Vox, and all agents of the two alliances.

To NPO, the same as the above along with fully admitting the undeniable LOSS of this war.

---

To be honest, pretty light terms but it deals what SHOULD be done.

Not sure if that's what'll actually happen, though I hope to god it will.

If not, I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving the game or just going very inactive.

Well he also is doing his utmost to try and make people think we're all going to turn on each other any day now too so it's not like he's very good at this thing.

I laughed at that part yes, like the Hegemony is all about love and unity after 8 alliances tried to ditch NPO to safe their behinds.

Repayment of any reparations ever given to the surrendering alliances.

The end of the Moldavi and Revenge Doctrines.

Peace for all alliances considered to be at war with the surrendering alliances, included those that have disbanded.

An agreement never to claim victory in this war in the future.

An admission that the First Great War was a defeat for the NPO.

I'll edit in more stuff if I think of any. Also, can you tell I'm not a fan of white peace?

I'll edit in more stuff if I think of any. Also, can you tell I'm not a fan of white peace?

You're not?

Also, agree with most your terms except the tech/money one. I really do not care if any of the defeated pay tech or money to the victors. There are better ways to make them feel their own sins.

Edited by Portugal

I laughed at that part yes, like the Hegemony is all about love and unity after 8 alliances tried to ditch NPO to safe their behinds.

Just goes to show. It's been their way forever. No one ever really "liked" Pacifica for the most part. They just were siding up to keep their own keesters safe all this time. Now, that the @#$%'s hit the fan, they are simply watching out for themselves like they always have.

We've all known their true colors for a long time, it was just funny to see it so boldly when they all unified to cancel on Pacifica. Definite Kodak moment for the ages.

I don't believe for one second that those alliances were going to sit it out, and I have yet to see any evidence that they were going to.

The entire basis for the Shame>Infra group seem to be their cancellations on the NPO and although I can't speak for all of those alliances, I know the reasons quite a few of them cancelled and it was not to bail on the NPO. Your side has spun it brilliantly, but that's all it is, a spin.

At the same time those alliances all joined the war in defence of the NPO. Even if they were 'shamed' into the war (which they weren't), who really cares? They still fought and are still fighting for the NPO's side against overwhelming odds which is more than anyone can say for the alliances I listed.

Hell most of the ones I listed not only supported but were a part of the hegemony for the last few years or so. Funny how we all suddenly became too evil for them the second it looked like we might not have a curbstomp on our hands right?

The logs that are public knowledge at this point paint a very different story from the one you are trying to give. Several leaders have even come out and admitted that they originally never intended to come back to defend NPO and were quite serious about teh cancellation. Based on the information that has been shared, I'd say my "side" needed to do very little spinning, if any at all.

As for the 2nd part... if an alliance had to be shamed by the entire community, berated by their former allies and enemies alike, and literally forced to defend their former ally at the sake of being black balled as an alliance for the rest of their existance, I see no honor in that; I see no good will in that; I see only shame and weakness.

And for the 3rd, considering Grämlins pulled out, then FOK, then Sparta, then TOP and MHA - I'd say it was more due to the deteriation of the relationship (or lack of one at all) and the result of actions taken by others that could no longer be tolerated. Then again I'm not a Grämlin anymore and never was a FOKer, Spartan, TOPer, or MHAer so I can not speak to each of their individual reasons, but I will say that they were moving towards leaving long before NPO fked up and attacked OV and brought this war upon themselves and their allies.

Alliances in 1V and Q definitely deserve pretty harsh terms.

Why should they get white peace? After what they have done to many alliances it is only fair, and in the spirit of karma, that they get a taste of their own medicine.

You say they did it to others, so they deserve it to happen to them. But if you do it to them, you now deserve to have it happen to you, according to your own theory. That's why karma is such a stupid theory.

I really ought to save some of the responses in this thread for the future. ;)

-Bama