How do you want peace to be handled

Machiabelly

If Karma wins, what should the peace terms be?  

1,140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The nearest thing in the English language that describes what you want is probably "vengeance." Oftentimes, justice and vengeance are mutually exclusive.

I am quite aware of the history of the word "karma," and I know that karma is a natural process, an impartial concept; claiming to be a vanguard for this process is pretentious at best. What you and others fail to realize is that you are acting just like the monsters you so viciously condemn. What you and others fail to realize is that, while the leaders of NPO and friends may be reaping what they have sown, the seeds you will sow if you travel this path are not much different from theirs.

But do not let me hinder your desires for revenge, Shylock.

Pretentious is indeed a proper description for your post. Your ignorance of Karma is obvious. Allow me to educate you. Please read http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/karma.htm

The moral causation here, is NPO's past conduct. The phrase "What goes around, comes around" is apt, and very nearly describes what "karma" really is all about. Nothing of impartiality - did you make that up? Had you read both of my posts, in their entirety (assuming that you are literate) you would understand that I seek no punishment of nations or alliances smaller than myself or my alliance. Let me spell it out, one more time. I WANT THE BIG KAHUNAS WHO HAVE PROFITED OFF OF THE MISERY OF OTHERS PUNISHED. That is the purpose of this war. Out of 900+ members of NPO, the bad actors, the major players, number less than 200. I want those. Those only. NPO can go on it's merry way, for all I care. I don't want to see NPO destroyed - just changed.

The next time you seek to lecture on morality, please be sure that you understand the subject. Perhaps my chosen nick should give you the vaguest idea that I might have a clue?

Edited by Leonid Tolstoy

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretentious is indeed a proper description for your post. Your ignorance of Karma is obvious. Allow me to educate you. Please read http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/karma.htm

The moral causation here, is NPO's past conduct. The phrase "What goes around, comes around" is apt, and very nearly describes what "karma" really is all about. Nothing of impartiality - did you make that up? Had you read both of my posts, in their entirety (assuming that you are literate) you would understand that I seek no punishment of nations or alliances smaller than myself or my alliance. Let me spell it out, one more time. I WANT THE BIG KAHUNAS WHO HAVE PROFITED OFF OF THE MISERY OF OTHERS PUNISHED. That is the purpose of this war. Out of 900+ members of NPO, the bad actors, the major players, number less than 200. I want those. Those only. NPO can go on it's merry way, for all I care. I don't want to see NPO destroyed - just changed.

The next time you seek to lecture on morality, please be sure that you understand the subject. Perhaps my chosen nick should give you the vaguest idea that I might have a clue?

The point of my statement was that karma does not only apply to the NPO and friends. Your source only confirms my assertion of karma being an impartial entity. Allow me to quote the article:

"Every volitional action of individuals, save those of Buddhas and Arahants, is called Karma."

Beyond this, you merely restated the position I was criticizing and insulted my intelligence, so I am unable to add more to this fine discussion as of this post.

Big Reps. Also Karma is not going to win, so who cares. Even if we win this war, NPO will come back to haunt us and after a while they will still win.

NPO comes back? To what? Maybe they are large in numbers, but they fail in millitary tactics/wonders. And maybe we don't let them get peace at all, but just keep them perm ZI as they did with many other people.

I'd like to propose the following.

1. Destroy all factories, nukes, air force, CMs and tanks. NPO will only keep enough soldiers to keep their population happy. Decommission must happen within seven (7) days. This state of decommission shall last three (3) months from the time the terms are ratified.

2. Sign no treaties for a period of three (3) months.

3. Receive no external aid for a period of three (3) months.

Any member of NPO who violates these terms will be ZId as long as Karma deems appropriate.

:awesome:

I'd like to propose the following.

1. Destroy all factories, nukes, air force, CMs and tanks. NPO will only keep enough soldiers to keep their population happy. Decommission must happen within seven (7) days. This state of decommission shall last three (3) months from the time the terms are ratified.

2. Sign no treaties for a period of three (3) months.

3. Receive no external aid for a period of three (3) months.

Any member of NPO who violates these terms will be ZId as long as Karma deems appropriate.

:awesome:

Hey! Those look familiar! ;)

Not even close. Those few people still hating on me for their own leaders giving up instead of carrying on the fight are placing their anger in the wrong spot. The people at the top of \m/ are entirely to blame for the alliance disbanding. I'm not the one who did that to you and I didn't force it upon you. It's not like I haven't walked the walk in this regard either. When my alliance got offered terrible terms (including a demand for disbandment) I told them where to stick it and we kept fighting. \m/'s leaders were scrambling over the top of each other to get out of their wars like the true cowards and bullies they are, and they left the membership of the alliance high and dry in the process. I don't know just what they were expecting me to offer them after two months of harassment on their part toward me personally and toward my staff. Were you people expecting that I'd call it good after 10 days of a war your side started that if the tables were turned my entire alliance would be destroyed? Let's not kid ourselves about what \m/ was or what the Unjust Path was. A lot of you are looking back with rose colored glasses like the Unjust Path was some sort of rainbows and lollipops organization of civil liberties advocates. It wasn't. They were the epitome of the might-makes-right, super aggressive, kill anyone who doesn't agree with us approach that made the Initiative so unpopular previously, and has made the Continuum/One Vision hegemony unpopular in its wake. These were birds of the same feather. People think it's somewhat ironic that I've been involved with Vox Populi - well, had a group like Vox Populi existed back then they would have been enemies with the Unjust Path. No such group was necessary because there were people in some of the other major alliances who had enough backbone to fight them.

You all in \m/ didn't earn a decent peace because you didn't fight for it. You gave up at the first sign of adversity. Tell me again why this is my fault. Ask your friends in Mushroom Kingdom about the peace treaty they got at the end of the war. Or The Phoenix Federation. They both got a pretty sweet deal. I will say that year and a half old tears are still delicious ones though.

We all came to you about peace terms around the time of the "OOC attacks".

The difference is MK and TPF surrendered that night.

When \m/ came around to surrender, you basically told us "no" and gave us crap terms. We wanted out of the fight, not because we were losing, but because we had morals, we had honor, and supporting GOONS' OOC attack wasn't part of the deal. We wanted out, just the same way that TPF and MK wanted out.

Somehow both of those alliances got peace terms. Heck, TPF got white peace out of it.

So how do two alliances in the same coalition, get peace terms, including a white peace for one alliance, whereas other alliances in that same coalition approach about surrender terms a day later (at most) get crap surrender terms?

Besides, don't act as if the trolling wasn't universal. Both NpO and GGA trolled the UJP, and vice versa.

Get off your high horse on this matter.

I will agree that \m/ should have told you where to stick those terms, however Modgate hit \m/ very hard. Polaris has never been in that similar situation where all 90% of your senior gov was either banned from the game directly before the war, or left to go to NATO or other allies before the war hit. That war happened at the worse time for \m/ internally.

It would be akin if 90% of the IO's (or whatever you call you high ranking members) were banned from the game one day, including the Emporer of the NpO, then enterred into the war by being declared on by a multitude of other alliances who repeatedly told us that honoring our treaties was a "bad political move".

Regarding the whole "might makes right" mentality, you sure have it twisted. I'm not denying that the UJP didn't preach that, but to say thats why you hated us when the NpO under your rule did the exact same thing reeks of hypocricy. I understand you had a vendetta against \m/, but you need a reality check as to what you did, and what BLEU did after the UJW that made you exactly like us.

Seriously, the situations between \m/ and NpO were similar, but the events of Modgate hurt \m/ more than NpO was hurt when put in that situation.