How do you want peace to be handled

Machiabelly

If Karma wins, what should the peace terms be?  

1,140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a poll coming from the perspective of Karma winning this war.

I have seen a lot of smaller alliances getting white peace.

I have seen one alliance get peace where the only real term was forced tech deals. Not reps exactly, just they had to sell tech to the victors at the going rate, and that was attacked by some.

So, when/if the big boys surrender, what kind of peace should they get?

Should Karma live up to what some people think and give them white peace?

Should Karma follow the "Goes around comes around" definition many seem to give to their name and demand harsh reps in honour of what was done by the now defeated alliances?

Somewhere inbetween?

Edited by Machiabelly

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be on a case by case basis, based on the history of each alliance and reasons for being involved in this war, although kept within reason. No extortion or bullying. Unless of course, that alliance has an exceptionally bad history when it comes to handing out - and on occasion adhering to on their part - surrender terms. Oh hai NPO.

Edited by Porkers

I'd hate to see NPO miss out on the opportunity to show up everyone else on being taken fully to ZI and Peace mode and come out better than FAN. Hell, if they do it without what they called "whining" I'll even throw in a free cookie.

I say depends on the alliance. E.g if some alliance enters to help one of its larger allies (or only ally in most cases) should get white peace. Then the larger alliances get what goes around comes around.

Big Reps. Also Karma is not going to win, so who cares. Even if we win this war, NPO will come back to haunt us and after a while they will still win.

I don't think you've checked the stats recently. The Hegemony is outnumbered 3 to 1 in both nation and nuke count.

Don't let them off easy.

I don't really care about periphery alliances but the alliances of the Continuum and One Vision deserve to suffer for being the primary enablers of NPO running roughshod over the game as well as in many cases being !@#$%bags in their own right. And, of course, trying to bail on NPO to save themselves at the last possible minute and being shamed into war - I'm sure anybody who's down with deserters being hunted down will be equally receptive to harsh terms for corwardly alliances ;)

Alliances in 1V and Q definitely deserve pretty harsh terms.

Why should they get white peace? After what they have done to many alliances it is only fair, and in the spirit of karma, that they get a taste of their own medicine.

I don't really care about periphery alliances but the alliances of the Continuum and One Vision deserve to suffer for being the primary enablers of NPO running roughshod over the game as well as in many cases being !@#$%bags in their own right. And, of course, trying to bail on NPO to save themselves at the last possible minute and being shamed into war - I'm sure anybody who's down with deserters being hunted down will be equally receptive to harsh terms for corwardly alliances ;)

Interestingly some of them fight for Karma..only until a week or two before they bailed seeing how odds are tough.

Alliances in 1V and Q definitely deserve pretty harsh terms.

Why should they get white peace? After what they have done to many alliances it is only fair, and in the spirit of karma, that they get a taste of their own medicine.

And the wheel of Karma will turn after that again.

I frankly don't care what we get. We'll be having a blast regardless.

Edited by Dilber

Interestingly some of them fight for Karma..only until a week or two before they bailed seeing how odds are tough.

from teh alliance that tried to bail and only came back because of how bad it made them look that is pretty funny.

Depends on the alliance. NPO should pay significant reps to OV and I wouldn't mind getting our 82,000 tech back and Athens, =lost= etc. should get the tech that was extorted out of them back as well. All that would be fair payment. Forcing tech out and such out of people for being drawn into a war they didn't start would be different.

Q and 1V alliances should be required to repay all reparations they have ever received from other alliances as a result of war. Also they should be required to drop all treaties for duration of terms (2-3 months) and normalize relations with all other alliances for at least the same amount of time, meaning white peace with (NAAC, FAN, GOONS, \m/, IAA, Vox, etc.). Also dismantle Moldavi and Revenge Doctrines and enforce some type of additional punishment for nations that hid in peace mode.

And the wheel of Karma will turn after that again.

I frankly don't care what we get. We'll be having a blast regardless.

If you do get off lightly and retain/return to your position of dominance, would you in the future levy generous terms? Ominous rumblings about the "turning of the wheel of Karma" carry little weight when you were throwing around obscene terms before anything of note was ever imposed on you.

Depends on how many karma points they have accumulated.

Ah yes. Perhaps we could make a scoresheet :lol:

Any alliance not in a deficit of karma points should be given white peace while anybody with negative karma points gets a suitably punishing set of terms.

Negative karma points:

-1 for every player ZI listed

-5 for every player perma-ZIed

-10 for every player eternally ZIed

-5 for every 1,000 tech or equivalent monetary value demanded in peace terms

-5 for every month of demilitarization demanded of an alliance

-5 for every treaty forcibly severed by peace terms

-15 for every treaty cancelled by coercion in peace time

-100 for every viceroy imposed with an additional -25 point penalty for every month the viceroy remains after the first six

-.25 for every "do something about it" post with an additional -.25 penalty if posted by alliance gov

-25 points for every alliance rolled for a false/nonexistent casus belli

-100 points for every alliance forcibly disbanded

-25 points for any surrender term mandated to last for 6 months or longer (applied on top of viceroy penalty as well)

-10 points for every wonder type specified to be decomissioned as part of surrender terms

Positive karma points:

+.5 for every player released from ZI before actually hitting ZI

+25 points for every white peace granted

+5 points for every protectorate treaty signed

+25 points for every MDP+ treaty honored (may only be applied once per war)

+25 additional points for every MDP+ treaty honored in the face of an enemy NS advantage of over 2:1 (applied once per war)

+10 points for lifting any surrender terms prior to the completion requirement stipulated in a peace treaty

Well, this is as far as I got before getting bored with the joke though if somebody wants to finish it please do :v: