Official Announcement from the Ravyns

If that's what you pass for for honorable then so be it. The Ravyns honored their treaties and that's worthy of respect in my eyes. Don't let me disturb your honorable rant about how everyone declaring on you are bandwagoners though.

Neneko, these guys declaring war on us is irrelevant, both in the context of this war, and to BAPS.

Having Ravyns hit us instead of an alliance who are setup to war, TOP, Umbrella etc. is actually a boon to us, given that our slots will be filled regardless. I just feel the need to draw attention to the fact that the nature of their entry to the war, and their timing is considered unpalatable and dishourable by us. Activating an MDP a week after a war is declared, and the contest is over, is not how we would act in their situation, and I am damn sure it's not how you would act either.

Edited by Nobody Expects

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we share the same definition of bandwagoning... We have a perfectly legitimate treaty justification to entering this war. You can spin the timing as us being cowards and waiting until your nations are damaged, etc., and indeed that is what is expected. It is expected that we will say that it was strategical timing, and that is what we are saying. Regardless, lets get out there and have fun. I can't speak for my alliance-mates, but I can assure you that I'm ready and willing to fight you guys for as long as I can.

Well, i know that it's always the bravest and best who join a fight after the other guy has been dogpiled and can't actually fight back, and not the cowards looking for easy wins and their name in the history books.

Or maybe i'm wrong on those people actually being the bravest and best...

If that's what you pass for for honorable then so be it. The Ravyns honored their treaties and that's worthy of respect in my eyes. Don't let me disturb your honorable rant about how everyone declaring on you are bandwagoners though.

BAPS are perhaps the most honorable opponents I've ever fought on the battlefield when they are being curb stomped. My opponent has not once given up, he is packing a warchest and fireing nukes when he can. He is polite over pms and under all the pressure of seeing your nation vaporized, he is not whinning about it.

If a little trash talking makes you dishonorable then clearly you need thicker skin.

Ravyns, trust me, this will not be a cake walk, for every person you declare on in BAPS will give it his all to drag you down with him. And when you've earned your bruses and lumps I'm sure they will give you respect, until then take their words as just that, a little friendly trash talking before the actual fight begins.

o/ BAPS

o/ Revyns

Edited by Khyber

Why is all you BAPS out of ma rangez!! :(

Because you arrived a week late ?

Damn you FP I was gonna say this exact thing... although I have 2 free slots right now... pleeeaaassssee attack me, I'm feeling very left out TBH, none of the TOP guys declared on me, maybe you guys will give me some more casualties... And it's safe enough to fight me now, seeing as all my nukes have been sent out and I'm down to 1 a day... :( here's the link to my nation to save you the hassle of searching... http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=196820

gogogogogogogogogogo...

ok this is getting ridiculous, BAPS aren't the only alliance on purple looking for a good time you know <_<

BAPS :wub:

Shhhhh you!! Some of us in BAPS aren't getting the same amount of love others are... when the 6 or 7 or how ever many alliances that are attacking us now, have ALL our slots full then they can move onto you fellas... :P

Also, it'd be great if we decided to hit these guys when our nuclear anarchy expires, cos everyone knows someone is gonna get a beat down on our counter offensive, I think it'd be rather fitting for late comers (note the use of the term!!) to get a serious amount of BAPS love when they thought everything was safe and things were under control... unfortunately these guys look a little weak for us to bother with...

o/ BAPS

o/ purple

o/ LoSS

o/ Nemesis

o/ TOP

o/ Ravyns

o/ all the rest of the guys attacking us, who I can't remember and can't be bothered to go check...

EDIT: Also, o/ Khyber... lovely post, and very true. Love you guys... (don't suppose you're in range to attack me?? :P)

Edited by Jonesing

Because you arrived a week late ?

Damn you FP I was gonna say this exact thing... although I have 2 free slots right now... pleeeaaassssee attack me, I'm feeling very left out TBH, none of the TOP guys declared on me, maybe you guys will give me some more casualties... And it's safe enough to fight me now, seeing as all my nukes have been sent out and I'm down to 1 a day... :( here's the link to my nation to save you the hassle of searching... http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=196820

gogogogogogogogogogo...

Shhhhh you!! Some of us in BAPS aren't getting the same amount of love others are... when the 6 or 7 or how ever many alliances are attacking us now, have ALL our slots full then they can move onto you fellas... :P

Also, it'd be great if we decided to hit these guys when our nuclear anarchy expires, cos everyone knows someone is gonna get a beat down on our counter offensive, I think it'd be rather fitting for late comers (note the use of the term!!) to get a serious amount of BAPS love when they thought everything was safe and things were under control... unfortunately these guys look a little weak for us to bother with...

o/ BAPS

o/ purple

o/ LoSS

o/ Nemesis

o/ TOP

o/ Ravyns

o/ all the rest of the guys attacking us, who I can't remember and can't be bothered to go check...

EDIT: Also, o/ Khyber... lovely post, and very true. Love you guys... (don't suppose you're in range to attack me?? :P)

Unfortunately, you're a tad bit under my range, or I'd declare on you as well. Maybe next round if I fall into your range, I'll give you a call.

Sadly your boy alterego has me in nuclear anarchy. Go complain to him about being so go and letting some of us little old TOPpers out of anarchy so we can declare on you. That and your a bit small for me, but search The Order of the Paradox (we're sanctioned now, yes that was a bit of publicity for us :P ) and find yourself a cute little platypus to snuggle next to. Be careful of the barbs, they are known to be poisonous.

o/Bandwagoning alliance I never heard of before nor can spell

Treaty obligation =/= bandwagoning.

You want a bandwagon, go check out IOTA.

Nah, bro. Maybe they needed a week to prepare for the war or something. One of their leadership types is having computer problems (as said earlier in this thread) so who knows what the hell has been going on. Or maybe they weren't invited to the first round, and they're jumping in on the second blitz due to wars expiring. Who knows? All that we can tell from this thread is that they're honoring a treaty, and I'm willing to say "Better late than never" just as neneko said. There's bound to be a reason, and I doubt that they would just randomly decide to honor a treaty halfway through a war.

EDIT: By that logic, TOP was a bandwagoner in basically every war the Initiative was in, since their democratic process prevented them from joining in on the war in that same exact night.

Close. In a nutshell, we were asked to give financial aid after, but got called in.

Looking for some cheap kills, using TOP as your meat shield?? Can we have an award ceremony for the lamest DoW please? I nominate this one :lol:

I notice that all the trolling comes from BAPS and Co only...

\snip\

TY Khyber :) We've had good fun fighting you guys! We actually wouldnt be doing too badly if if werent for TOP though <_<:P

Sadly your boy alterego...

\snip no.2\

Lol, you couldnt got a worse target! Alterego doesnt know where the brake pedal is during war-time :lol:

Also to The Rayvyns, we may be the only ones pointing out that you chickened out of war until its firmly decided then called it "tactical timing" but it would be pretty poor form if your coalition allies called you out on it too. I wouldnt expect any respect from other alliances until you find a way to prove you've got a pair.

TY Khyber :) We've had good fun fighting you guys! We actually wouldnt be doing too badly if if werent for TOP though <_<:P

Lol, you couldnt got a worse target! Alterego doesnt know where the brake pedal is during war-time :lol:

Also to The Rayvyns, we may be the only ones pointing out that you chickened out of war until its firmly decided then called it "tactical timing" but it would be pretty poor form if your coalition allies called you out on it too. I wouldnt expect any respect from other alliances until you find a way to prove you've got a pair.

The only coalition members of ours that would know what went on would be LoSS, and I sure don't see them complaining about us chickening out of war. If we wanted to chicken out of war, we wouldn't have declared at all. I, at least, knew that this wouldn't be a cake walk ahead of time. If LoSS were to call us out on something like that now, I'd be disappointed on many levels. As for other coalition alliances that we have little or no relations with, they don't know what discussions took place between us and LoSS regarding treaty obligations and war tactics.

Sadly your boy alterego has me in nuclear anarchy. Go complain to him about being so go and letting some of us little old TOPpers out of anarchy so we can declare on you. That and your a bit small for me, but search The Order of the Paradox (we're sanctioned now, yes that was a bit of publicity for us :P ) and find yourself a cute little platypus to snuggle next to. Be careful of the barbs, they are known to be poisonous.

Ohh, I'm well aware you guys are sanctioned... it's quite the boon around BAPS halls that the #4/5 Alliance in the game were called in to beat us down... :P

I'd love to snuggle up to a couple of your guys my size (and I'm not that bloody small, well at least I wasn't a week ago!! :D grrrrr) Unfortunately I've been in Nuclear anarchy since day 2 of the war also... fun times though...

Looking forward to seeing who I get in the next wave of attacks, the guys I've been fighting thus far have been great fun altogether...

o/ Jesuskitten, gregastory and *Death-Dealer* it's been fun...

Edited by Jonesing

I wasn't aware the contest was over; unless you're referring to sides only - but then, was there really a contest? One only has to take a look at you stat page to see your lingering potential for damage dealing, of that we're all aware. We'll meet your words with bombs, rest assured.

Our original plan was to provide financial aid for LoSS post war, and that we would be in the reserves if we were needed. This was the stance we took in LoSS's war with Tempest as well as this one, yet I didn't hear any complaning from Tempest.

We're going to arms because its been asked of us. Had we been asked earlier, we would have been involved earlier, and had it been required even later than this, we would have gotten involved later...thats how treaties work...regardless of whether the politicians of CN like it or not. Its inevitable that some may be short sighted enough to view this as bandwagoning, but a treaty obligation is a treaty obligation and this is how our treaty has been activated.

Further, as Shar says, I imagine the alliance of the two of us which is likely to take the most damage from this move is ours. Cowardice is not the word.

Its not a question of having a reason or not but timing. Some people just prefer to wait for their allies to take the initial hits so they don't risk as much when participating in conflict. (and should it go the "wrong way" they can always not enter it)

Tactically, Ravyns could have opened up as another wave to add to their allied attacks.

Well, i know that it's always the bravest and best who join a fight after the other guy has been dogpiled and can't actually fight back, and not the cowards looking for easy wins and their name in the history books.

Or maybe i'm wrong on those people actually being the bravest and best...

If you remember, Ravyns attacked Tempest, but Tempest themselves declared peace only hours after.

Ravyns attacking BAPS is a second war, and is not a "easy win" as both Ravyns and BAPS can attest.

Come one, come all, come quickly!

In this thread, see NobodyExpects and other BAPS complaining about their inability to factor political odds in their military decisions.

And yes, you can lay of The Ravyns. They stayed out this long at our insistence. When invited to the party, they happily obliged - regardless of BAPS tech levels and WRCs.

i saw the light :D

The only coalition members of ours that would know what went on would be LoSS, and I sure don't see them complaining about us chickening out of war. If we wanted to chicken out of war, we wouldn't have declared at all. I, at least, knew that this wouldn't be a cake walk ahead of time. If LoSS were to call us out on something like that now, I'd be disappointed on many levels. As for other coalition alliances that we have little or no relations with, they don't know what discussions took place between us and LoSS regarding treaty obligations and war tactics.

IM GONNA DUMB THIS DOWN FOR EVERYBODY, RAVYNS WE SUPPORT YOU AND IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS. youve earned my respect

Edited by legion-x

you wnaa see a poor show, look at how your alliance acts or fights. choose either one their both pathetic

Are you serious? Alterego had a LoSS guy and a Nemesis guy on the ropes before we came in, and he still fought us tooth and nail. Please, there is no need to slander. I know LoSS and your better then this.