The Brisbane Conference

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We see no reason for this. Time and time again you have asked us to come to meeting, and every time we turn you down. What does that tell you? The NC needs to learn that our relations will not be equal until one of us is wiped from existance.
A Nordic Lead meeting in a not so neutral country. We see no reason to send a representative to this "forum" which shall only be used for the spreading of the Nordic Coalitions blatant lies and propaganda.

Silence, both of you.

Keep conducting your diplomacy in this way and we will expel you from the ComIntern. There is absolutely no need for the slander and, to be blunt, idiocy that you are showing.

Whilst the High General is detained with another meeting she has authorised a representative from the Helzan to attend, she is a Mrs Kel Kelinski who is twenty seven years old and one of the best diplomats the Helzan have. She arrives at the meeting as quickly as possible before excusing herself for being late as the waether conditions at Helzan delayed her. With her she has a boquet of pink roses with an attached card which she takes to Sarah and hands them over with a smile. "Its from the High General" she says before walking away and taking her seat and waits for a time for her to be able to speak.

The card itself had a small message on it that read.

Dear, Sarah

"Hope you are well and that everything is going well at home. I know we havn't been able to see each other lately but I saw these being sold down at one of our markets and I thought they would make a perfect gift for you. I hope you enjoy them and hope to hear from you in the future"

Your loving friend Valerie.

For a moment, the AWS representative called Sarah away from her area at the table for a private discussion, both nodded their heads and flipped their hands while they discussed ideas that could be accepted by both the Nordic Confederacy and the ComIntern Pact. Finally Sarah nodded deeply and returned to her seat while she smiled at the Nordic and ComIntern Representatives seated around her.

"Gentlemen, the Hansa and the AWS have come up with the following terms to peace. We have been in private discussion with ComIntern Leadership and they are willing to present the following terms to the Nordic Confederacy so that we may have peace in our time."

1. Reinstatement of Slavorussia with the exception of Novak and Eastern Reich land

2. Incorporation of the Uberstein mansion in RoM

3. Germany will rebuild said mansion

4. Forced promotion of independent cultures (A Celebration of Diversity) OOC: RPing that though Nordlandic exists there will be RPs of Dutch, French etc.

5. Mandatory NAP

Turning to the Nordic representatives she smiled. "Your thoughts gentlemen?"

Knyez Komorav: With these terms, and peace in Europe, I know we can finally move past this phase in our relationship and move onto a better relationship of understanding for each of our unique differences in ideology and culture. I have only one dissenting comment, and that is with the reinstatement of Slavorussia. Multiple times, he has stated that he will get rid of us because he believes us to be "rebels".

Edited by Voodoo Nova

If AWS wishes they can sign such terms but we wont and as such they are not terms Comintern gave out, I am sorry. Also, signing the NC in the past has made us critical of your so neutrality Lady Tintagyl.

*Private to AWS*

We are not happy that such terms were given out without atleast informing other members, these are the only terms we will accept peace for.

1)Allow Slavorussia to reform in their former territories

2)Complete Nuclear Disarment

3)Disbanding the NC

OOC: Unless those terms were classified when in discussion(AWS Terms)

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

A lower-level Iberian delegate slipped into the chambers and handed this note to Lady Tintagyl:

Dear Sarah,

I must apologize for leaving so abruptly before you were able to join us, but I was personally convinced the parties weren't going to reach an agreement. However, from what I've been able to learn outside the room, it seems as though you're making decent progress. Would it be too much a breach of diplomatic courtesy for our observer mission to return to the chambers? Many thanks for your help.

Signed,

Marc Delgado

Foreign Minister, Federacion Iberiana

If AWS wishes they can sign such terms but we wont and as such they are not terms Comintern gave out, I am sorry. Also, signing the NC in the past has made us critical of your so neutrality Lady Tintagyl.

*Private to AWS*

We are not happy that such terms were given out without atleast informing other members, these are the only terms we will accept peace for.

3)Disbanding the NC

*Private Reply*

These terms have been agreed upon in cooperation with Canada(OOC: by IRC). As such they will count unless you want to go on your own aggressive war.

*Private to AWS*

3)Disbanding the NC

Even when I was President of the Nordic Confederacy I pushed for peace, repeatedly, but the world shows no solace for them. First of all, I understand full well that the Nords were the aggressors in that war, however, if I do recall Slavorussia surrendered relatively fast in that war. This could have been avoided if they would have fought back longer, but you are no longer the defender. You are the aggressor. I am dealing then with two aggressors, the Nords who want to hold on to their imperialist claims and the ComIntern who wants to destroy everything that currently exists in Europe.

Perhaps you are unclear about how bad this war will be. If nuclear weapons would be used, or perhaps even biological weapons as used in South America, the whole of Europe and Northern Asia would be wiped out. Is Beijing willing to take in refugees? Is Beijing prepared to clean up the destruction of the world? Is Beijing ready to live with the death of millions on their hands? Every single nation that fights in this war will have their hands dirty. That is why I withdrew, because I will not have the blood of millions on my hands. I already have the blood of my nation during the nuking on my conscious.

Those terms are of course willing to be discussed, Slavorussia will be reinstated, but they will not be given back their entire territory. Defeat has this problem, it is a shame, but the Nords did win this war, you must be willing to accept that and that war did not become nuclear or worse. I fully agree with nuclear disarming, however will this involve countries of the ComIntern as well? We are trying for peace...not slavery and if a Non-Aggression Pact is signed between ComIntern and the Nordic Confederacy then disbandment of that organization is not needed. Please do not be so demanding and unchanging, this is a conference that things will be changed and discussed.

Knyez Komorav: With these terms, and peace in Europe, I know we can finally move past this phase in our relationship and move onto a better relationship of understanding for each of our unique differences in ideology and culture. I have only one dissenting comment, and that is with the reinstatement of Slavorussia. Multiple times, he has stated that he will get rid of us because he believes us to be "rebels".

"Lies and slander!" mumbles the CAF stenographer as he takes notes.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Silence, both of you.

Keep conducting your diplomacy in this way and we will expel you from the ComIntern. There is absolutely no need for the slander and, to be blunt, idiocy that you are showing.

We are sorry, comrade. Our diplomats have a rather low opinion on the NC in general.

As to the terms, unless the NC agrees to complete nuclear disarmarment, then we will be unable to sign this. We will never feel safe when the NC has nuclear weapons.

We are sorry, comrade. Our diplomats have a rather low opinion on the NC in general.

As to the terms, unless the NC agrees to complete nuclear disarmarment, then we will be unable to sign this. We will never feel safe when the NC has nuclear weapons.

If we would continue on this term we would need to destroy them too. It is obvious a reasonable entity will never accept terms stating they cannot build weapons their potential enemies can.

Storming back into the room, Foreign Minister Delgado tossed a sheaf of papers aside and practically bellowed at the assembled delegates,

"I'll have you know that the Federacion views all nuclear weapons as a threat, especially when those who possess them seem hell-bent on using them! Can you honestly sit there and say with a straight face that nuclear weapons held by the Nordic Confederacy are a threat to you, but your own are no threat whatsoever to the Confederacy? Perhaps you failed grade-school mathematics. Maybe that's why you can't understand that what is true for one of you is true for both!

"Now, I walked out of here earlier because neither of you had agreed to even discuss matters. I'll grant that you have made some progress in that respect... At least you're both sitting down. But where is the progress? Both sides are being railroaded by their smallest and most belligerent members. I am reminded of-- Heh, I am reminded of two pit bulls staring at each other while two chihuahuas next to them are snarling and preparing to fight. Each of you, the Nordic Confederacy as well as the Communist International, needs to take responsibility for the words and actions of all your members and start acting like the major international bodies that you are!"

Finished, Delgado walked past the Hanseatic representatives, to whom he whispered, "I wish I had your patience, Sarah. This is ridiculous."

"Lies and slander!" mumbles the CAF stenographer as he takes notes.

It is not lies and slander when records of such a statement have been made. Here you go:

The exiled Slavorussian government in the CAF does not recognize the Slavic Kingdom of Novak. When the Tsar is back on the throne we shall meet with the leaders of this rebellion and end it permanently.

The embarrassed young man slumps in his chair. He didn’t realize he had been heard, but the initial embarrassment wears off and he requests to be heard for just a moment.

“Although I don’t speak as an official diplomat for either the Slavorussian government or the government of the Central Asian Federation it looks to me that “getting rid” of rebels, and ending a rebellion are two different things. To me, to get rid of the rebels, implies fighting and killing, but ending the rebellion via a meeting or series of meetings has more of a peaceful tone. It seems to me like you twisted the words, in a failed attempt to slander the exiled Slavorussian officials. Like I said though, I’m not an official diplomat.”

*Private to AWS*

3)Disbanding the NC

*Private to AWS*

I don't read anywhere that Comintern will have to follow whatever Canada or AWS says, I thought all men were equal. Guess not then is it?

You are entirely free to leave to ComIntern and try to impose your own terms, which the NC will with high propability never sign. Your terms are surrender-terms, not for a discussion about keeping peace. If you cannot realize that, then, too bad for you.

Complete disarmament is impossible unless voluntary or if they're beaten in war. Neither is the case, and as such, trying to enforce such a thing is neither feasible nor enforcable.

Also, a warning to you and all others in the ComIntern who have misbehaved themselves: Continue in this way and you will be expelled, losing any protection of ours that you have. Just because you're in a powerful alliance doesn't enable you to say whatever the hell you want.

The embarrassed young man slumps in his chair. He didn't realize he had been heard, but the initial embarrassment wears off and he requests to be heard for just a moment.

"Although I don't speak as an official diplomat for either the Slavorussian government or the government of the Central Asian Federation it looks to me that "getting rid" of rebels, and ending a rebellion are two different things. To me, to get rid of the rebels, implies fighting and killing, but ending the rebellion via a meeting or series of meetings has more of a peaceful tone. It seems to me like you twisted the words, in a failed attempt to slander the exiled Slavorussian officials. Like I said though, I'm not an official diplomat."

Knyaz Komorav: We both speak from different experiences and point of views, and I can respect your opinion because of that and hope you can see where I come from as a leader hearing that statement from the CAF government.

-snip-

1. Reinstatement of Slavorussia with the exception of Novak and Eastern Reich land

2. Incorporation of the Uberstein mansion in RoM

3. Germany will rebuild said mansion

4. Forced promotion of independent cultures (A Celebration of Diversity)) OOC: RPing that though Nordlandic exists there will be RPs of Dutch, French etc.

5. Mandatory NAP

Kept informed of the meeting's progress, a Vaule rep sent a classified communique to the ComIntern members:

"The government views the proposed term #4 (4. Forced promotion of independent cultures (A Celebration of Diversity) as a serious overstepping of the authority of any organization. While we see the necessity of negotiating peace, we state that we find this term absolutely appalling."

-Vaule Rep.

It was her first real foray into international diplomacy and the world was on the brink of war, Liska was nervous – almost terrified.

Anxiously adjusting her skirt Procinctia's young representative began to address the conference. . .

Generalissimo believes armed conflict an increasingly likely possibility and believes our efforts would be better spent preparing for post-conflict aid, reconstruction, and refugee rehabilitation.

If we aren’t work able to work this out here, on behalf of Procinctia I would like to present you all with copies of Generalissimo’s Saint Paul City Wasteland Survival Guide, you’ll need it.

Edited by Generalissimo

A young man entered the room, silently. He scanned around the room, nodding once. "Hello, all. My name is William Roberts, and I have come here on behalf of the government of the Republic of New England." He paused for a moment as he took a seat. "So, what have I missed?"

Unexpectedly, considering Promised Land had said it could not send a representative, another man arrived.

Theodore Jameson, travelling diplomat for situations such as this one, had actually been abroad when the borders were closed, something overlooked by officials back home.

The tall, massive black man wore a simple black hat covering his bald head, but removed when he arrived in the room. "Theodore Jameson. Turns out Promised Land can send a representative after all. So...what do I have to catch up on?"

Gentlemen, I bid you welcome.

Before I begin, I would like to thank Lady Tintagyl for allowing us to host this meeting in her territory in a neutral city. You will all find that the Hanseatic Republic is probably one of the leaders in the struggle for global peace by peaceful means. When I contacted her on behalf of the Nordic Confederacy regarding this meeting proposal, she seemed ecstatic that the Nordic Confederacy and the ComIntern were going to begin peace talks, even if they had a small chance of succeeding. She is a very peaceful person, and bloodshed of any kind, I can tell, hurts her deeply. Today I welcome you to Brisbane, and to the Conference.

To begin, I see that before the meeting has even officially started, our rivals in the Communist International group have begun dealing out terms to the Nordic Confederacy. I would like to inform you that this is not the intention of the conference, to attempt to weaken and even dismantle the rival bloc, rather the purpose of this conference was, and is, to attempt to discuss our issues with one another and find the root of the problem, not to make demands which are so very obviously ridiculous to think that we would ever take them. I warn you, comrades, that if you seek peace you will not demand the loss of Nordlandic sovereignty. That is not the process by which to go about making peace at a conference designed to find out the best compromise and course in the future for people on both sides of this conflict.

The Nordlandic Confederacy will not be making any demands of the Communist International Group. We come here for the purpose which I have already mentioned, to discuss our differences and attempt to reach a compromise that suits both of our sides of the world. As a whole, the Nordlandic Confederacy does not follow the same goals as it did when it invaded Slavorussia. Upon the defeat and unconditional surrender of Slavorussia, we achieved the goal which we were striving for since the beginning of the Nordlandic Confederacy, the unification of all Nordic peoples under a single banner, a banner held by Nords. We do not seek further conquests or war, instead we strive for peaceful growth in each and every one of our nations, and as such we seek to discuss peace with the Communist International.

While at this point I no longer speak on behalf of the entirety of the Nordlandic Confederacy, I can speak on behalf of Wästerdyskreich. While I do not have a problem with the ideas of Communism as a whole, and its ultimate goals of the cooperation of mankind for the betterment of mankind, and I do not agree with the nations of ComIntern on its implementation, though I am a big believer in the idea of the Ends justifying the Means, I can definitively say on behalf of the WNSR that the problem with the Communist International is the constant and blatant insults and anti-Nordlandic actions aimed specifically at the Nordlandic Confederacy, a coalition made up of my brothers by blood and by the sword.

The Comintern is, as I stated in the invitation, the most substantial and prominent group to rival the Nordlandic Confederacy at this point in time. As far as I can tell, they did not agree with our invasion of Slavorussia and our unification of the Nordland, and that is their reason for the blatant opposition that we are facing right now. While I do not have a problem with the nations who existed during the Slavorussian war and opposed it then disagreeing with the war, I do take major offence to the fact that the Communist International uses it as an excuse for insulting and opposing all Nordlandic Confederacy actions that take place at any time. They use the war as an example of our 'warmongering', and it is the underlying reason that they oppose our actions.

I also take issue with the fact that the two loudest nations of the Communist International, Alvonia and Cainette, though Beijing Corporation is involved significantly as well, are constantly shooting off insults aimed at the Nordlandic Confederacy and blatantly seeking any possible excuse for a major war and to avoid peace. A prime example of this would be their blatant and insulting refusal of this conference, stating that somehow a peace conference is an example of our warmongering and our attempt to destroy the world.

The only thing that I would really like to see come out of this conference is the establishment of respect between the Communist International and the Nordlandic Confederacy. Every world must have respect between all of its nations and its peoples, it is one of the pillars of our society, Respect and Honour.

I pray you all take heed of my words and consider them.