Peace for NADC and Zenith

As a leader of one of the alliances that were at war with NADC, I would like to say that the negotiations were conducted between the leadership of the actual alliances at war. The terms were agreed to by those leaders. There were representatives at the meetings from KARMA but we were not pressured into giving white peace by them. Most of the negotiations were between RAD and NADC and Zenith. We had already notified RAD that since we were only involved by treaty to RAD, we would agree to their terms. We did throw some thoughts out about items we wanted addressed.

So to Recap for those who can't follow:

Alliances declared war on each other due to treaty obligations

Nations in those Alliances fought in those wars

Alliances attended Peace Talks and agreed to terms

Nations in those Alliances peaced out of their wars

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We prefer the term irrelevant :awesome:

This. I'm the IrrelevantĀ® one around here. Unless you are in Gov and work behind the scenes with other Karma officials (like myself) you really cannot know how it works and have no right speculating. Do you really think that Liquidmercury and Archon just blindly say whatever comes to mind? Do you really not think that we are all involved (including your very own CTB b3x)? It's called open communication between allies and once the need for the coalition is gone, we go on our seperate ways. In two months, we could all be nuking each other with this long forgotten, such is life on planet bob. However for now, we work together and know what is going on.

The common theme here is to ask your government officials. If you refuse to do so, we really can't help you.

There were representatives at the meetings from KARMA but we were not pressured into giving white peace by them.

How did you know they were from Karma? How does one verify an agent of a non-entity? According to the renowned expert of all that is CN, Karma doesn't exist, it is a non-entity. If I were to ask, Why were they there? I am guessing that the answer would be something like "arbitrators". To which I would say, If the Victorious forces are offering white peace, what is there to arbitrate? cause the conversation is gonna go something like this:

Losing Alliance) we want to discuss surrender terms

Winning Alliance) how about a white peace?

Losing Alliance) ok

Winning Alliance) ttyl

Losing Alliance) l8r

The rest of the details, decommission navies, nukes, military etc etc is gonna be cut and pasted from any one of thousands of other surrender notices. The only sticking point is military wonders, and hell if your giving them white peace you aren't likely to make them destroy wonders. that would really harsh their mellow.

Alliances declared war on each other due to treaty obligations

Nations in those Alliances fought in those wars

Alliances attended Peace Talks and agreed to terms

Nations in those Alliances peaced out of their wars

I believe step 3 needs some revision. Perhaps this is more accurate: Alliances attended Peace Talks overseen by representatives of a non-existent entity and agreed to terms. That is according to your own account above.

How did you know they were from Karma? How does one verify an agent of a non-entity? According to the renowned expert of all that is CN, Karma doesn't exist, it is a non-entity. If I were to ask, Why were they there? I am guessing that the answer would be something like "arbitrators". To which I would say, If the Victorious forces are offering white peace, what is there to arbitrate? cause the conversation is gonna go something like this:

Losing Alliance) we want to discuss surrender terms

Winning Alliance) how about a white peace?

Losing Alliance) ok

Winning Alliance) ttyl

Losing Alliance) l8r

The rest of the details, decommission navies, nukes, military etc etc is gonna be cut and pasted from any one of thousands of other surrender notices. The only sticking point is military wonders, and hell if your giving them white peace you aren't likely to make them destroy wonders. that would really harsh their mellow.

I believe step 3 needs some revision. Perhaps this is more accurate: Alliances attended Peace Talks overseen by representatives of a non-existent entity and agreed to terms. That is according to your own account above.

Karma is an entity that helps coordinate the alliances involved directly or loosely in the fight against NPO or her directly or indirectly allied alliances.

To understand one last thing before I must go, many alliances, many many, are not fighting for "Karma".

ACF for instance was fighting for her friends in RAD and never once blinked an eye differently. If you told us we were fighting for Karma I would have laughed in your face, because Karma is just a term to loosely affiliate alliances in the manner I said above.

Karma is an entity that helps coordinate the alliances involved directly or loosely in the fight against NPO or her directly or indirectly allied alliances.

To understand one last thing before I must go, many alliances, many many, are not fighting for "Karma".

ACF for instance was fighting for her friends in RAD and never once blinked an eye differently. If you told us we were fighting for Karma I would have laughed in your face, because Karma is just a term to loosely affiliate alliances in the manner I said above.

Who chooses the Karma leadership (who signs treaties, peace terms...etc)?

Yes, there was a long process involving nominations, votes, more nominations, more votes... It was all pretty public last week. Surprised you missed it?

Archon won in a landslide.

Edited by Kraden

There were multiple links, I'm afraid I can't be bothered finding them all right now though. You're right, they're all buried pretty heavily under the DoW's. All you really have to know is that Archon won by a landslide, he had a really well thought out platform based mainly on revenge and outright hatred of the NPO dating back to about the time of GW1. He basically promised to see the NPO disband and it won the vote.