Declaration from The Galactic Republic

I can't see how that log dump is helping your case, quite frankly.

What case? It's just the truth. I wasn't totally blameless and I was quite a !@#$% at times. I admit it and said I was sorry.

Does no one read the posts after the logs? :P

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lol'd at the part of the logs where you asked our members to be pleasant, MN.

As for our cancellation's timing being suspect- I can definitely see where it could seem fishy. However, our decision to cancel the treaty came a day before TPF declared on NSO; until the point of that declaration point, TGR was neutral as far as the Karma war was concerned. Entering the war was not on anybody's mind when the decision to cancel the treaty was being made.

Edited by savethecheerleader

I lol'd at the part of the logs where you asked our members to be pleasant, MN.

As for our cancellation's timing being suspect- I can definitely see where it could seem fishy. However, our decision to cancel the treaty came a day before TPF declared on NSO; until the point of that declaration point, TGR was neutral as far as the Karma war was concerned. Entering the war was not on anybody's mind when the decision to cancel the treaty was being made.

Member. StC. Just one guy. If it wasn't for Melutar there never would have been a problem apparently. Also, I did apologize to him and I did ask AUT to back off of him in #Soldier. Just like Cheyenne asked. I honestly thought we were done with that ordeal after that. No one told me any different until Chey came in talking about canceling the treaty. So, I'm sorry if I was a bit taken by surprise and a little pissed off that me doing what he asked didn't help.

At the time we were believe it or not. At least while I was around. Hell, maybe it's not saying much since I never got to know the real Soldier.

Yes is is true that in the WAR we were doing great, but

Our larger nations were at risk of nuclear war, and without them, they would have died off slowly with no aid and without them, Soldier would not have been able to grow the huge amounts of new recruits.

It was pretty much that without aid we would not be able to fight a large war such as this, and with only few large nations (some not even active on the forums) the tide of the war would have quickly turned.

Member. StC. Just one guy. If it wasn't for Melutar there never would have been a problem apparently. Also, I did apologize to him and I did ask AUT to back off of him in #Soldier. Just like Cheyenne asked. I honestly thought we were done with that ordeal after that. No one told me any different until Chey came in talking about canceling the treaty. So, I'm sorry if I was a bit taken by surprise and a little pissed off that me doing what he asked didn't help.

This is not true, seeing as the charter Aut wrote up did not include how the chairman was chosen, they would just pick there successor. (This was also the second time leadership changed, and i guess since it worked the first time, we didn't notice the flaws in the charter) And since Melutar was chosen by Aut, and then Aut changed his mind, clearly there was a problem. Adding to the situation was Aut's remarks to Melutar after he changed his mind. Basically Aut made a careless decision he had not thought about too long that eventually set of a chain reaction, some members did not like how this argument went down and left.

Yes is is true that in the WAR we were doing great, but

Our larger nations were at risk of nuclear war, and without them, they would have died off slowly with no aid and without them, Soldier would not have been able to grow the huge amounts of new recruits.

It was pretty much that without aid we would not be able to fight a large war such as this, and with only few large nations (some not even active on the forums) the tide of the war would have quickly turned.

This is not true, seeing as the charter Aut wrote up did not include how the chairman was chosen, they would just pick there successor. (This was also the second time leadership changed, and i guess since it worked the first time, we didn't notice the flaws in the charter) And since Melutar was chosen by Aut, and then Aut changed his mind, clearly there was a problem. Adding to the situation was Aut's remarks to Melutar after he changed his mind. Basically Aut made a careless decision he had not thought about too long that eventually set of a chain reaction, some members did not like how this argument went down and left.

I wasn't there for that. I came in in the middle of the ruckus. I had no idea that AUT had told Mel he would become chairman when he left. All I saw was Mel ask everyone in the chan to vote for him or AUT, then AUT choosing me to be Chairman, and then Mel getting upset and leaving. That whole situation left me very uncomfortable and not too pleased with Mel. So, yeah I was a total $@! to him when he came in demanding I tell him about AUT. I could've handled it better but there was just so much going on I was already on edge with a short fuse. Nothing was going right at the beginning and I was yelling at everyone that week.

Acknowledging your mistakes is the first step to learning from them. Getting input from others on your mistakes is the second which is why I've never been afraid to go all out in the public eye.

Mel treated me as if I were a naive. He told me I had no right to say anything since he was now leader and I was just another Soldier whose opinion didn't matter. He planned on re-establishing ties with DF, dropping TPF for supporting the NPO, and keeping Soldier from war instead of having them fulfill their treaty obligations. This was wholly unacceptable, so I told Mel to step down and gave the reigns to magicninja. Mel was scared and that's why he couldn't lead. Had he led, we would've disbanded long ago. I didn't make a mistake, magic was the best choice at the time.

When I look back there was one person I knew would've done a good job leading Soldier. Hindsight's 20/20, and KingWilliamII, I am sorry.

AUT, you know damn well that Mel was the perfect choice, but he didn't like your friends in TPF so he had to go. Mel was one of the few people left in Soldier, who knew What Soldier used to stand for, and knew the majority of the people, but you couldn't let him revert to Soldier's old path, so you threw him away, and put magic in charge.

And your surprised by his actions? You had him picked to lead, until you learned that he stood for the same things that you used to stand for. And you had already named him Chairman, which means, you were indeed Nothing more than a regular member, but you used the blind devotion of the Soldier members to support magic taking over.

TGR made a wise decision here, and I really am sad to see Soldier disband, but If you want to find the reason for it's down fall, look no further than yourself AUT.

AUT, you know damn well that Mel was the perfect choice, but he didn't like your friends in TPF so he had to go. Mel was one of the few people left in Soldier, who knew What Soldier used to stand for, and knew the majority of the people, but you couldn't let him revert to Soldier's old path, so you threw him away, and put magic in charge.

And your surprised by his actions? You had him picked to lead, until you learned that he stood for the same things that you used to stand for. And you had already named him Chairman, which means, you were indeed Nothing more than a regular member, but you used the blind devotion of the Soldier members to support magic taking over.

TGR made a wise decision here, and I really am sad to see Soldier disband, but If you want to find the reason for it's down fall, look no further than yourself AUT.

well said, AUT, stop blaming others but yourself. Before youwish came, no one liked TPF, he converted you and he betrayed you. thereafter, you were the only one who wanted tie with TPF. DF aided us lots of money, and what did TPF do? 100 mill tech deals? i couldn't understand why you chose to ignore the collective wishes, between DF and TPF, anyone would know who'd make a better friend.

you never respected mel, and those who helped soldier in hardship. you tried too hard to please the new people and forget them few days after.

mel, i hope you can have good time in TGR, they seem to be a nice bunch

You weren't here, you didn't know what happened and you are speaking out of your $@!. Mel had no intentions of honoring the treaty and was willing to pull an ODN to keep us from fulfilling our treaty obligations. I made an alliance named Soldier, not Cower. Melutar was far from the perfect choice, I did contribute to the downfall of Soldier. As did you! And so did Melutar! And facetten! And The Stig! But saying I was a bad leader and Melutar was a perfect choice?

You weren't here, you didn't know what happened. And most of all, you've no idea what you're talking about. Period.

well said, AUT, stop blaming others but yourself. Before youwish came, no one liked TPF, he converted you and he betrayed you. thereafter, you were the only one who wanted tie with TPF. DF aided us lots of money, and what did TPF do? 100 mill tech deals? i couldn't understand why you chose to ignore the collective wishes, between DF and TPF, anyone would know who'd make a better friend.

you never respected mel, and those who helped soldier in hardship. you tried too hard to please the new people and forget them few days after.

youwish betrayed me? And you did what facetten? Abandoned me and your alliance? I was not here to see what DF did, all I knew is you sold our alliance to switch colors with DF asking, no, begging me to come back. I was never in favor of the move. TPF gave us over 240 mil in aid when asked upon yet you still couldn't let go of your grudge. Why? Because you had blind loyalties to DF, at least for the most part I tried to keep an open mind. Your "I lost 10k NS because of TPF" rung true. You never cared of anything than your pixels and those who harmed them.

The only leader that should've taken over when I left was King William II. He knew the value of relaxing members amidst Melutar's tantrums and was the perfect team player. He shamed you, he shamed Melutar, and he shamed myself. He shamed all of us. And if there's one person I feel sorry for letting down it's him. The rest of you can buzz off for all I care. You mean nothing to me.

bickering... tch, why can't it move to PM?

Either way, I believe that it was the mass bailing of almost every goverment leader i had known to be in power in the 3 months that i was along for the ride. AUT was the best leader of the ones that we had. Youwish was Ok, and i didn't really know Magicninja...

I Stand by the AUT in the decisions he made.

Edited by Imperium of Poliz

You weren't here, you didn't know what happened and you are speaking out of your $@!. Mel had no intentions of honoring the treaty and was willing to pull an ODN to keep us from fulfilling our treaty obligations. I made an alliance named Soldier, not Cower. Melutar was far from the perfect choice, I did contribute to the downfall of Soldier. As did you! And so did Melutar! And facetten! And The Stig! But saying I was a bad leader and Melutar was a perfect choice?

You weren't here, you didn't know what happened. And most of all, you've no idea what you're talking about. Period.

youwish betrayed me? And you did what facetten? Abandoned me and your alliance? I was not here to see what DF did, all I knew is you sold our alliance to switch colors with DF asking, no, begging me to come back. I was never in favor of the move. TPF gave us over 240 mil in aid when asked upon yet you still couldn't let go of your grudge. Why? Because you had blind loyalties to DF, at least for the most part I tried to keep an open mind. Your "I lost 10k NS because of TPF" rung true. You never cared of anything than your pixels and those who harmed them.

The only leader that should've taken over when I left was King William II. He knew the value of relaxing members amidst Melutar's tantrums and was the perfect team player. He shamed you, he shamed Melutar, and he shamed myself. He shamed all of us. And if there's one person I feel sorry for letting down it's him. The rest of you can buzz off for all I care. You mean nothing to me.

Aut you left too. Why? Because you wanted to be there at the front lines of the war, trying to get yourself some glory. So instead of staying and leading an alliance that could not go on without all the help it could get, you bailed out. Face and The Stig left because they did not want to fight for TPF. You left for your own selfish needs, trying to be a hero. At the time i thought Face and The Stig were the ones to blame, but now i see it was your decision to leave soldier on its own that ultimately lead soldier to its downfall.

youwish betrayed me? And you did what facetten? Abandoned me and your alliance? I was not here to see what DF did, all I knew is you sold our alliance to switch colors with DF asking, no, begging me to come back. I was never in favor of the move. TPF gave us over 240 mil in aid when asked upon yet you still couldn't let go of your grudge. Why?

TPF gave us $0. tech deals =/= aid.

youwish's situation was largely your fault, you brought a pro-TPF guy here when most of us weren't too fond of them. just ask around any former soldiers, how many of them actually like TPF? our relationship with them simply wouldn't work, too bad you couldn't see that.

Because you had blind loyalties to DF, at least for the most part I tried to keep an open mind. Your "I lost 10k NS because of TPF" rung true. You never cared of anything than your pixels and those who harmed them.

did anyone in soldier blame for what you and jack got us into? do you honestly think that TPF had a valid reason to attack the entire when none of us outsides you two deserved it.

if you tried to keep an open mind, why are you denying our contributions to soldier? is it because TPF has done more for the soldier or is it because you're not a man of reason. i think the following passage suggests the latter.

no disrespect to king, but this is non-sense.

Edited by facetten

did anyone in soldier blame for what you and jack got us into? do you honestly think that TPF had a valid reason to attack the entire when none of us outsides you two deserved it.

No, no i did not blame either of them. Though for a short time we were united against TPF, think that war brought some of the active gov. that was Soldier.

if you tried to keep an open mind, why are you denying our contributions to soldier? is it because TPF has done more for the soldier or is it because you're not a man of reason. i think the following passage suggests the latter.

Aut you seemed to have had some qualities of a leader but not the ones that mattered in the end. You did not have the ability to rally the members who were Soldier. And when that failed you quickly turned on them, which in turn resulted in further lost.

AUT, keep the bs coming.

No offense to King William, but Melutar was much better suited to lead Soldier than anyone in the damn alliance, yourself included. You thought this too, until you learned that mel had a different, anti TPF Point of View, so he had to go, so you ran to a former MoFA of TPF MN, just like you ran to youwish earlier.

AUT, keep the bs coming.

No offense to King William, but Melutar was much better suited to lead Soldier than anyone in the damn alliance, yourself included. You thought this too, until you learned that mel had a different, anti TPF Point of View, so he had to go, so you ran to a former MoFA of TPF MN, just like you ran to youwish earlier.

How the hell do you know what happened when you were not in the damn alliance to begin with? Mel leading? You hated TPF, and so did he. But that makes him more suited to lead? He flipped out incessantly and the drama he brought to the alliance was beyond threatening. Would you know that? Melutar would've been a careless leader. Much like how careless you were when you threw CIS under the bus and gave NPO the excuse to hit them. Seriously stop talking about something you know nothing about.

Edited by The AUT

How the hell do you know what happened when you were not in the damn alliance to begin with? Mel leading? You hated TPF, and so did he. But that makes him more suited to lead? He flipped out incessantly and the drama he brought to the alliance was beyond threatening. Would you know that? Melutar would've been a careless leader. Much like how careless you were when you threw CIS under the bus and gave NPO the excuse to hit them. Seriously stop talking about something you know nothing about.

Touche. If Josh were speaking out of his $@!, why bother responding to him twice? Seems to me like he probably has a valid point. That, or you're just responding to him because you lack the sense to know when to shut up.

Edited by Hydro

Touche. If Josh were speaking out of his $@!, why bother responding to him twice? Seems to me like he probably has a valid point. That, or you're just responding to him because you lack the sense to know when to shut up.

In fairness to AUT, if he ignored those posts, people would say "Aha! You didn't respond because you know he's right!"

-Bama

In fairness to AUT, if he ignored those posts, people would say "Aha! You didn't respond because you know he's right!"

-Bama

If he didn't get so riled up about it I wouldn't have bothered to post, but it seems like something Josh struck a nerve so :P

If he didn't get so riled up about it I wouldn't have bothered to post, but it seems like something Josh struck a nerve so :P

No. It's just the guy has no idea what he's talking about and is going after me due to me being "mean" to him on IRC. Best to crush any chance he has at an argument now before he embarasses himself with fool-hearty posts in the future.

Whoever it may be that was at fault or who was the bigger assh*le doesnt matter. The alliance in general should have been the primary topic and in-fighting destroyed Soldier. No specific person was at fault, it was everyone who had a position for not setting priorities at the time they needed to be the most. Aut was a great Leader, he helped build my nation and assured that everything was fluidly moving along (aidfalls, etc). Melu made sure my economy was set and ready for anything. Nada made sure I could kick $@! and still take names. We all made sure Soldier was the best, but at that final test we killed soldier with petty high school drama. Thats all I have...

I would ask that all, on this particular subject. Just drop it. That was then, this is now. If he hadn't, I wouldn't have been geared as fully as I was for war. And I would not have fought as nearly as well as I did. NPO rolling CIS would have happened, regardless...just, perhaps as it occured. At this time, in this day...it's mostly a non-issue.

As for this sit, and Soldier? I would hope that folks let them find homes, or stay together...as they deem fit, amongst themselves.

As for the hating on Aut and Ninja. Grow up a bit. From what I've seen, they've been doing what they needed to and have done pretty good.

o7 Soldier

We would be defending our MDP partner whether we still held our treaty with Soldier or not, so please refrain from coming on here and attempting to put a spin on this cancellation. :)

Really? Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.

Also, looking back I would've rather someone else took over Soldier at the time or rather that AUT stayed. The membership wasn't ready for me. The only person I knew from Soldier (AUT) left and to be honest AUT and I don't even know eachother that well. I understand them not being 100% loyal to me. My first concern was always Soldier. I could've let them fight to the death for TPF but I knew we couldn't do that in our internal condition and live to the end (yes I know, so sush). So, I pulled out of a war that imvho we were winning. We stranded an ally that you all know I love. I did it all so Soldier would stand a chance. I just didn't have the loyalty of the members and you know what? I can't blame them one bit. Just don't say I was a bad leader. I did my best for Soldier.

Edited by magicninja

Really? Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.

Also, looking back I would've rather someone else took over Soldier at the time or rather that AUT stayed. The membership wasn't ready for me. The only person I knew from Soldier (AUT) left and to be honest AUT and I don't even know eachother that well. I understand them not being 100% loyal to me. My first concern was always Soldier. I could've let them fight to the death for TPF but I knew we couldn't do that in our internal condition and live to the end (yes I know, so sush). So, I pulled out of a war that imvho we were winning. We stranded an ally that you all know I love. I did it all so Soldier would stand a chance. I just didn't have the loyalty of the members and you know what? I can't blame them one bit. Just don't say I was a bad leader. I did my best for Soldier.

No one blames you Magic, you tried your best but there was nothing you could have done to stop the eventual downfall of Soldier.