How long will this war last?

Angrator

How long will this war last?  

472 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Judging by current trends, the vast majority the Hegemony is going to be out within a week.

But NPO is probably going to fight to the bitter bitter end, or even refuse to surrender (as they have never done so before).

So I'd give the Karma War a month, just cause of the NPO pride factor.

Here's my prediction:

This week (ends on Saturday): 50% of bandwaggoner/treaty-drawn alliances surrender/go to peace.

Next week: All B-grade/outer fringe alliances go to peace or surrender, only main contenders left in war (i.e. NPO)

Week after: A few alliances may drop, but little big change

Henceforth: Draws out to Karma remainder fighting Hegemony remnant

One or two months from now: Hegemony either surrenders or continues fighting

The way things are going, everybody's going to peace out with Karma alliances losing 10% NS and Hegemony alliances losing 15-30% NS. Then we all go back to hating each other and wishing someone would do something about it.

Sure, this has been a revolution in terms of who's in control in CN, but this doesn't look to be quite the total Armaggedon/end of the world showdown that I was really hoping for. I guess we'll see what happens with the biggest players in the next 2 weeks.

The number of multi-alliance peace declarations has surprised me. Kind of a let-down, actually. I voted 2 weeks, though I really only consider the period in which organized offensives/counter-offensives take place. Sporadic sniping and meaningless DoWs may last for many weeks after.

the "war" will end in a week or so. NPO will keep fighting for a while longer but their allies will have bailed on them in a week or so.

Nah. NPO had accepted all the terms, even the ridiculous ones even before the war started. War ends when Karma offers terms to NPO. Right now they just want to beat them for as long as possible or enough so they aren't a threat again in 3-4 months. You beat alliance for a long time, then you offer white peace and voila, PR +++.

The way things are going, everybody's going to peace out with Karma alliances losing 10% NS and Hegemony alliances losing 15-30% NS. Then we all go back to hating each other and wishing someone would do something about it.

Sure, this has been a revolution in terms of who's in control in CN, but this doesn't look to be quite the total Armaggedon/end of the world showdown that I was really hoping for. I guess we'll see what happens with the biggest players in the next 2 weeks.

I'd contend that this way is better for CN at large. This way, we may get a rematch. A long-term rivalry like the Great Wars would be awesome.

-Bama

I'd contend that this way is better for CN at large. This way, we may get a rematch. A long-term rivalry like the Great Wars would be awesome.

-Bama

ding ding ding, we have a winrar.

The global radiation seems to be leveling these days. Perhaps no more than 3 weeks, then we start to pretend this war never happened. :D