A suggestion to Karma For the Lolz

Imperium of Poliz

Interesting, so protection of red nations is something karma wishes to remove.

Are you really so dense you believe the revenge doctrine has anything at all to do with protecting 'none'? The Revenge doctrine has one purpose and one purpose alone. Increase the available trade partners on the red team by giving unaligned an incentive to move there. I'd rather not encourage unaligned to move away from my trade sphere.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really so dense you believe the revenge doctrine has anything at all to do with protecting 'none'? The Revenge doctrine has one purpose and one purpose alone. Increase the available trade partners on the red team by giving unaligned an incentive to move there. I'd rather not encourage unaligned to move away from my trade sphere.

So, NPO benefitted as well. Who really cares? It also helped the unalligneds. The Citadel is also protecting its trade partners. They gain from that. But, again, who cares? The people they protect also gain from it. Why wouldn't you benefit from militarily guaranteeing someone's safety and well being?

It's a win-win situation and if it keeps people on Planet Bob, I'm all for it.

Edited by Suvorov

So, NPO benefitted as well. Who really cares? It also helped the unalligneds. The Citadel is also protecting its trade partners. They gain from that. But, again, who cares? The people they protect also gain from it. Why wouldn't you benefit from militarily guaranteeing someone's safety and well being?

It's a win-win situation and if it keeps people on Planet Bob, I'm all for it.

After this war the Red None-members can form their own alliance in Red all I care.

Also to those who said commies would move to Red, which commies?

Well....no.

The intent of the Revenge Doctrine is to assert the NPO's 'ownership' of the Red sphere. Any other interpretation of it is far from the mark. That's why it needs to go. Just as one group should not be able to dictate who plays the game, no group should be able to dictate what team a group may play on.

Ditching the Revenge Doctrine will, in fact, lead to greater stability in trades on Red. Bear with me as I explain this.

With regard to 'encouraging unaligneds to move to Red', in another thread both Doitzel and I lamented that trades on Red -- outside of NPO trade rings -- were difficult to get and nearly impossible to maintain. He spent far more time on Red than I, and yet we reached the same conclusion.

Because there are no other alliances on Red, non-NPO players do not stay there for very long. They sign up for Red for one reason or another -- favorite color or some such thing -- then they are recruited and change colors. Then they cancel their Red trades, leaving their partners high and dry.

In my case, I lost count of the number of trade partners I had In my two or three months on Red as an NPO member. It was definitely more than thirty. As I recall ,the average trade with an unaligned nation on Red lasted about two days. (Whoever was heading NPO's trade rings at the time will recall my near-daily complaints about logging in and discovering that one, two or three trades had disappeared overnight.)

Red's a disaster area for trades right now. Getting other alliances to locate there can only make it better.

EDIT: Also, I know of at least one alliance that intends to move to Red after the war is over. I originally knew of two, but the leaders of one have since changed their mind because they don't want to be the first ones to go to that unreliable trading sphere.

Edited by kingzog

Please don’t test the Revenge Doctrine, we unaligned don’t appreciated being raided-aren’t Karma supposed to be the good guys?

Sparta do not support technology/Land raiding, how ever we do not support an alliance telling the whole bob world who they can and can not attack.

The Revenge Doctrine was never about protecting nations on RED, it was a power ego trip for NPO, nothing more nothing less.

They could always go to Citadel Trading Company.

That's not really being unaligned. The CTC has rules that go beyond what the NPO requires of red members for protection (i.e. basically don't launch wars).

If the CTC's charter were changed, then yeah.

Interesting, so protection of red nations is something karma wishes to remove.

I'd imagine more-so doesn't feel the need to enforce. Protection of color spheres isn't done by 95% of Karma or anyone that I know except maybe pink team. To protect another sphere you don't reside in while not protecting your own has zero logic. A lot of respect for you Auto, but please don't spin.

I'm sure that Karma's next move will be to wipe out the practice of tech raiding, as it is clearly an evil and oppressive practice. Isn't that what Karma is all about? Running around righting wrongs and saving the innocent?

With regard to the successes or failures of the Red Blockade, it is the belief of many that it has hindered the establishment of a dichotomy of communities which have been prevented from contributing on Planet Bob.

Although the establishment of a non-tech-raiding intervention was clever and certainly benefited some, the Red Team population is still far below that of our sister spheres; for this reason alone, such intervention cannot unanimously be called a success.

The fact is, the Red Team has been denied its right to self-determination for many years; instead, a needless mechanization was invented to display bravado to Planet Bob whilst prohibiting the Red community from establishing its own identity.

Make no mistake, the Red Team is not Pacifica; instead, Pacifica resides on Red.

To this end, the establishment of a plethora of new Red alliances is now underway; many of which look forward to working with Pacifica to right the past wrongs on our sphere. However, as a community of equals who are invested in ensuring that Red shall become a sphere in which all can prosper, it will take time.

Indeed, these are exciting times.

There's really no need. Once those doctrines are removed alliances will migrate there on their own... it has already happened with the Red Cross and soon other alliances will come as well.

Suck it up and "get in the game" like everyone else. There's always room for one more.

Hypocrite.

Hypocrite. Hypocrite. Hypocrite.

So everyone deserves freedom and the chance to rule as they see fit...unless they are unaligned. Interesting.

This isn't a comment on the npo's protection of red sphere, because I agree that was a status symbol for them, nothing more. This is a comment on how you can claim to fight for freedom, yet at the same time trying to force other to join an alliance.

Also, the CTC is just like an alliance, has nothing to do with being unaligned.

Sparta do not support technology/Land raiding, how ever we do not support an alliance telling the whole bob world who they can and can not attack.

The Revenge Doctrine was never about protecting nations on RED, it was a power ego trip for NPO, nothing more nothing less.

The Revenge Doctrine was intended to further assert the NPO's control over the red team already in place through the Moldavi Doctrine, which was openly and shamelessly a power grab, and a rather effective one at that. Use of the term "ego trip" sounds to me more like a statement of jealousy though.

Interestingly enough, the size of a team has little to do with the ability to find trades on it, since the larger teams have additional competition which nullifies the effect of having a larger pool to pick from. The idea of opening up the red team comes up a few times a year within NPO, always with the rationale that there are more trades, and always dismissed on the basis of no actual advantage coupled with loss of control over the team.

yeah it'd be fun to move to red, get a trade circle, try to elect a senator, find out about the new rule regarding moving and senate voting (afaik at least), get sanctioned, and then fight a war with 0 trades XD

Next idea?

;)

I say we don't need a next idea. This one is foolproof.