Tour for Peace

Sarah Tintagyl

A little while later, at the park, Charli listens to the Kaiser as he recounted the story of the statue, and tears start to form in her eyes.

"Mikhail.. This is amazing. A country founded on peace.. No guns.. No war. This is the sort of thing we want to strive for.. This is what we need in today's society."

"We have seen too much war," Mikhail said, "and we do not care for it. I remember the Indochinese invasion, remember the dead soldiers and civilians, remember giving the order to burn entire cities to the ground to stop the Indochinese advance. It was our first, and hopefully only war. I know that our military is a tool and not a toy. I have 21,000 soldiers under my command, and I constantly remind myself that they are human beings, and they have the ability to end life. Although I equip them with the most up to date equipment to keep them safe, we must always remind ourselves of the consequences of our actions."

"Shall we begin," Mikhail said, "our first stop is within walking distance. It's always good to get some excersize." The group walked down the coast until they came upon the port of Mietonka. It was an amazing sight to behold. The harbor was full of ships, and there were more waiting in the ocean. The port was immensely busy, with the movement of cargo, vehicles, machinery and scores of people. "We have commendeered every ship we could get to help in this move," Mikhail said, looking out at the commotion, "it's not easy moving a country, but we're doing it." The next stop would be further, so the team was loaded into cars and sent to the middle of the city. The party exited at a small park and started walking. "I know you surely don't think anything of this stop," Mikhail said, "but it will surely be emotional. It always is to me." The group walked through the park, passing walkers and joggers and anyone else who was enjoying the weather. They went for a little bit more, and came upon a brand new statue. It wasn't the biggest or the most glorious, but it was the most meaningful. Titled The Birth of a Nation, it showed Mikhail handing Chaiman Vortex a map of the old Marscurian Empire, and Chairman Vortex handing Mikhail a map of Pakistan. "Tell me Sarah," Mikhail said, "do see anything missing?" Sarah scanned the statue but couldn't come up with an answer. "No weapons," Mikhail said, "there are no guns or swords or tanks or planes on this statue, only diplomacy. This nation was founded on peace and diplomacy."

OOC: Bed time now

As the entourage left the airport Sarah was finally able to get a good look of Mietonka from the ground and was extremely impressed with what she saw. To be honest, the Lady Protector had never seen Pakistan once in her life and the amount of trade, commerce, and industry that was passing in through the harbor was absolutely immense. Vessels carrying trade goes moved with ease in and out off the harbor and those that exited slowly began to disappear on the horizon, perhaps some of those ships were bound for Brisbane or various other parts of the Commonwealth. But it was Mikhail's remark of moving his entire country that had touched her hear more than anything else.

"I understand the difficulty. When Helsinki was nuked and the Hansa collapsed for the first time, the move to Australia was incredibly difficult and I can say that it changed my life forever. The past and our history will never be the same and I'm sure neither will yours. Being tasked to reinvent everything you created, there is no greater task."

They continued on their walk until reaching the park where Mikhail was able to show them the statue of the great trade between the Pakistanis and Dragonisia. It touched her heart. "The world has something to learn from you here Mikhail. I only with Slavorussia could have been solved in a way like this. Diplomatically. It is a very touching statue." She touched the base and then waited to continue on.

"Alright," Mikhail said, "This next part is going to be a bit of a drive, but you may want to get your video cameras ready." The group got into a convoy of military jeeps that was heading North. Heading on a dirt road, the convoy passed miles of soldiers who were at work building a railway. Every so often, one of them would look up and wave to the convoy before going back to work. "Pull over here," Mikhail said, "Sarah, grab your binoculars and follow me." They ran out of the jeep and towards a steep hill. "There, do you see them?" Mikhail asked, pointing towards two animals headbutting. "They're markhor, they're like goats, and now they're competing for mates. I've decided to make them the national animal. They're tough, like us. They make their homes in hazardous locations, and are constantly moving. They represent the ideals of survival." They watched the display for several more minutes until it ended, and they got back in the jeep. During the ride, Sarah fell asleep, only to be woken up by Mikhail. "Look out the window," he said. Outside, a herd of antelope were running next to the cars. "Beautiful, isn't it," Mikhail said, still looking out the window. After more driving, it was almost dark when they got to their destination. They got out of the cars and walked across a pontoon bridge to a penninsula at the convergence of two large rivers. They walked inland for a short while, until they came to a special spot with a large group of press waiting. "Let's start the show," Mikhail said.

Charli stands at the base of the statue, bowing her head to honour those who have fallen in the Indochinese invasion. She wonders if she will ever understand war, being so young, innocent, and new to the world stage...

Silent as they move on, she writes something in her notebook, making sure no one else can see it..

As they arrive at their first stop, and out of the jeep, Charli sees the Markhor, and is stunned to hear about their survival conditions.

"An animal that makes it's home in hazardous conditions? That is remarkable."

The group returns to the jeep, and moves onto their next location, Charli excited about what the rest of the day holds...

"Alright," Mikhail said, "This next part is going to be a bit of a drive, but you may want to get your video cameras ready." The group got into a convoy of military jeeps that was heading North. Heading on a dirt road, the convoy passed miles of soldiers who were at work building a railway. Every so often, one of them would look up and wave to the convoy before going back to work. "Pull over here," Mikhail said, "Sarah, grab your binoculars and follow me." They ran out of the jeep and towards a steep hill. "There, do you see them?" Mikhail asked, pointing towards two animals headbutting. "They're markhor, they're like goats, and now they're competing for mates. I've decided to make them the national animal. They're tough, like us. They make their homes in hazardous locations, and are constantly moving. They represent the ideals of survival." They watched the display for several more minutes until it ended, and they got back in the jeep. During the ride, Sarah fell asleep, only to be woken up by Mikhail. "Look out the window," he said. Outside, a herd of antelope were running next to the cars. "Beautiful, isn't it," Mikhail said, still looking out the window. After more driving, it was almost dark when they got to their destination. They got out of the cars and walked across a pontoon bridge to a penninsula at the convergence of two large rivers. They walked inland for a short while, until they came to a special spot with a large group of press waiting. "Let's start the show," Mikhail said.

The ride through the countryside was beautiful and it reminded her of one of the nature documentaries she had seen in the past. The rolling dry hills of Pakistan gave an interesting heat to the girl that had wished she had dressed in much more casual clothing, but one could never really tell what they would be doing on visiting a foreign country, especially one where Sarah didn't particularly know the customs that well. When Mikhail first stopped the jeep and told her to follow him, upon reaching the top of the hill the Markhor had surprised her to jump down and take out her camera instantly to snap a few photos. "Amazing, absolutely amazing animals." She smiled and took another snapshot. "You know I think I saw a special on the Markhor when I was younger, native beasts to this region and I can understand what they mean to your people. I think I could see the same for most everyone in the world. The need to survive has always pushed the human will. But to live in such a hostile region of the world; truly amazing."

Getting back into the jeep they continued to right through the countryside as if on a safari and the beads of sweat forming on her neck and face made her whole body tired as she slipped into a deep sleep. Sarah was awoken by Mikhail just as the sun was going down to watch the antelope heard run next to the car and she immediately got a fuzzy feeling that ran down her entire body. This was the true spirit of adventure and one that she was happy to be apart of. By the time night had set in, the line of cars descended on a meeting spot on a peninsula where a large crew of news broadcasters had gathered. Now was the time to shine. She turned to Charli and smiled, the tired look and sweat still on her face. "This is were you have to make sure your game face is on, the press are like vultures, just speak with your heart though and you'll be fine."

Walking out of the jeep, Sarah followed Mikhail up to the gathering with Charli behind her. Stepping up to the press she smiled as the stopped their chatter for a moment for her to begin. "Gentlemen I'm glad that you've given me this opportunity for me to speak to you. But before I begin with my main talk, if there's any questions, I'd like to get them out of the way now."

"I believe," Mikhail started, "that the question of the night is, Lady Sarah, will you hand me that shovel?" It was an odd request in front of all these press, but Sarah obliged. Mikhail took the shovel, planted it in the ground and threw the first shovelfull away. He turned to the press, holding the shovel above his head and announced, "Let it be known, that today, the 30th of April, 2009, Lady Protector Sarah Tintagyl played an important role in the founding of the new capital of Marscury." The press applauded and a soldier handed Mikhail a flare gun. Mikhail turned and whispered to Sarah, "This is why we did this at night." He fired the gun and the fireworks started. The show was launched from 10 different sites, surrounding the area in color. The show lasted for half an hour, and when it was done, a short, casual press conference was began. Since it was late, there were only a few questions, mainly about the purpose of the trip, the events that already happened, and Sarah and Madame Unicorn's views on the country so far. When the press finally left, Mikhail began pitching a tent, using the hole for one of the stakes. "Would you ladies prefer a tent or the cars?" Mikhail asked, either way, they would be the first people to spend a night in Marscury. "Get some sleep," Mikhail said, "we have a big day tomorrow."

The next day came, and when Sarah and Madame Unicorn woke up, the convoy was gone, and Mikhail was by the river. They walked up to him and found him on a sailboat. "I thought we could take a different way back," Mikhail said. When all the gear was loaded on the the boat, they set off down the river, pushed along by the currents and a strong breeze. "So," Mikhail said while manning the wheel, "you came here to talk. Let's talk."

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

As Charli stepped out of the jeep, she noticed that the night was warm. She wished she had worn a singlet under her shirt, but smiled as the press surrounded the group. Sarah’s words of encouragement could help her face them. She had a little practice before, but nothing like this. She watched on as Mikhail and Sarah started off the fireworks. Bursts, explosions of colour filled the warm night, and Charli felt good as she watched the show, taking a few pictures of her surroundings.

And then the press started up.

Mainly there were questions for the Lady Protector, whch was okay, because Charli could watch and learn from her mentor. She looked up to this woman, and hoped she could become as strong as her one day.

“Madame Unicorn! What do you think of Marscury?”

Charli stumbled out of her train of thought. She looked long and hard at the journalist

“I think this is a fantastic country. The sense of togetherness and adventure… The fact that your Country is founded on the ideals of peace and kinship. Everyone seems to work together to achieve the common goal, whatever it may be… It’s an excellent place to be and I hope that Marscury and Annihilation can work together to become good friends.”

With that, the conference was over. Mikhail turned and looked at Charli, smiling. It seems that she had done good.

The next morning, Charli awoke from her sleep feeling relaxed and happy. Everything seemed to be falling apart in the world, but in Marscury, it seemed peaceful, refreshing. She heard a boat start up, and quickly went to investigate what it was. Mikhail must have planned this, she thought. Then she heard a voice behind her, “I thought we could take a different way back.”

Finally, once everything was set up and on the boat, Charli stretched, and wrapped her jacket over her shoulders. The sun was warm but the breeze was a little cold.

“So, you came here to talk. Let’s talk.”

Extremely Classified to the Lady Protector and the Supreme Leader:

Hello.  This is Father John Lanzrath, a Catholic priest.  Recently members of the Fasci Party raided the capital of the Holy Roman Catholic Empire.  Since then, the Party has gathered almost all Catholics, other Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and Jainists and placed them in slums and ghettos.  They are all starving, overcrowded, and being legally robbed by the Fasci Party.  We all need you to come here and negotiate with the Fasces ASAP so that we can get better living conditions.  God Bless You!