This "Total War's" Name

Roofus

If we follow that logic, we should be looking forward to Great War 15 by 2011.This has been said many times over, but it's not a Great War unless it's fought between NPO and LUE.

Indeed. The Great Wars were the wars fought a long time ago. Let us all keep it ancient history.

This isn't an Epic War, which is was previously stated.

This isn't a Total War, because we aren't clamoring for absolute destruction.

If becomes a stream of wars like the Great Wars, and all are fought for the same reason, then maybe we can change the name from Karma to something else.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we follow that logic, we should be looking forward to Great War 15 by 2011.This has been said many times over, but it's not a Great War unless it's fought between NPO and LUE.

No. Great Wars are something that fully changes the world. The last two global conflicts only saw the destruction of some alliances, or a change in the top alliances. Every non neutral alliance in the top are falling. The top alliance isnt going to be 80 score or 70 score but around a 40 score. That is 15 score less than what the top alliance was Jan 2008.

This isnt going to just effect NPO and Karma. It effects everyone, as well as the blocs, neutrals, new alliances that spring up, the merges and the way politics are handled. Its a Great War, LUEs name is not attached to it.

It is the Karma War. For two reasons, the name of the coalition and the 'getting what's coming to you' element. Like the Unjust War, the name works well on two levels, it is short and memorable and it makes sense. The vote clearly shows that almost half of people already call it that and you're not going to get that sort of support for another name.

Pretty level headed thinking here.

It can't possibly be Great War 4. If you go with the argument that a "Great War" must be NPO vs LUE, obviously it's not Great War 4. And if you go with the idea that a Great War is simply a massive global conflict, well then this at least Great War 5.

It's going to be the Karma War whether you like it or not. :P

Let's just go with Karma War so we can get away from Great Wars and stop arguing about their numbering.

"UjW = GW4"

"nuh uh UjW wasn't a great war"

"yeah well i think teh war of the coalition was a great war too so that's like gw5 and dis is gw6"

"uh no this is gw5 if anything!!"

Yeah.

Stern Talking to War is not a joke name. <_<

How about The Pepsi Challenge (War?) to go with the Hegemony ("Coke") and Karma ("Pepsi") sigs? Because, really, anything is better than Karma War. The PC War wouldn't be too bad.

Pepsi and Coke taste different, damnit! Those sigs are complete failures, much like all the other hegemony propaganda. Do something that is supposed to taste the same like Coke and Diet Coke.

I am going to keep calling it both Karma War and GWIV as long as my nation exists.

Aye to that, Comrade.

But don't you see how it can't be Great War 4? It's either not a Great War at all, or it's Great War 5 or 6.

No. This war is bigger and greater than the others. See my last few posts.

But don't you see how it can't be Great War 4? It's either not a Great War at all, or it's Great War 5 or 6.
I hope this increasing confusion over what number Great War this would be finally puts to rest the ridiculous notion that we can't name big wars anything but "Great War eleventy".

The WHOLE POINT of giving wars a name is so they can be easily identified. If the naming system fails to provide an easy identifier, then the naming system is utter fail. If I'm reasonably educated and I can't be certain what you're talking about when you say "Great War 4", then for goodness sake, that's a terrible name. I don't subscribe to the idea that only NPO/LUE wars can be "great"; I simply contend that it is long past time that the "Great War" moniker ceased to be useful.

Edited by Cirrus

Karma War is a perfectly suitable name. If you haven't realized, the war isn't named after the Karma coalition, but the idea that NPO is getting what they had coming to them.

This is what I have an issue with. I hate when people try to stick one-sided names on wars. Great Patriotic War. War of Retribution. NoCB War. If you want to call it that yourself, go ahead. Heck, even I say NoCB sometimes, because War of the Coalition is dumb and too long. But the official name shouldn't be biased like that. Just for the record, I'm fine with the war being named after the Karma coalition, but if everyone tries to give the war a name that makes their side look good, all we'll end up with is a big Wiki edit fight.

-Bama

"Karma war" is fail. Honestly, that sounds like just any other war.

Though, I'd like to call it the Posting this will get me warned. war, that's a bit ridiculous.

Or Scorched Earth War (for the brute force used as opposed to the normal update blitzes)

Or the Eraser War (lines are being erased a lot, no?)

Perhaps the Sacrilegious war? (since when can hindus cook up cows?[karma v moo])

Or the "Declaration of" War

Duck and Cover War

Seriously tho, it is The Karma War. That does not imply that it is Karma's war. Like an earlier poster said it fits just as The Unjust War and The War of the Coalition fit.

Also, like another poster predicted. It will likely have a second name decided upon by the NPO so they can continue to teach their membership false history as dictated in the Pacifica Monogatari. They'll call it the War or Resurection or some such nonsense to show how Pacifica came back to life after nearly being destroyed.

The reality is that the NPO was once respected. They decided they would rather be feared. Karma has caught up to them for that descision.

Edited by New Reverie

Seriously tho, it is The Karma War. That does not imply that it is Karma's war. Like an earlier poster said it fits just as The Unjust War and The War of the Coalition fit.

Agreed. That's the reason it ought to be called the Karma War, as opposed to being called that because of people's opinions on NPO.

-Bama