The Phoenix Federation Announcement

mhawk

Enough to hold our NAP over ML's treaty so pretty heavily.

I can understand your reasoning well enough, but I'll hear no talk of honor in this thread.

Are you really surprised? He left his people to defend an alliance that would have dropped on him in 30 seconds, with no second thought had their positions been reversed and then came back when he realized that no matter what he did, his past actions had condemned him to ultimate, eternal failure.

Edited by kevinkeegan

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand your reasoning well enough, but I'll hear no talk of honor in this thread.

It is what it is, we're just trying to free up some slots on ml any way we can. At the moment this is all we can do. You seem to talk down on our decision as though what we're doing is an act of cowardice. There is no promise y'all wont just jump us anyways along with Polar anyways. This is about our friends at molon labe, and if you can't grasp that beyond snipes at us, too bad.

Are you really surprised? He left his people to defend an alliance that would have dropped on him in 30 seconds, with no second thought had their positions been reversed and then came back when he realized that no matter what he did, his past actions had condemned him to ultimate, eternal failure.

That sounds pretty bad.... ultimate, eternal failure... sounds like a game show.

Wait... wait... you're saying TPF is dishonorable for not breaking an NAP to attack STA? Wow, that's seriously pathetic. I honestly have always liked and respected STA... this I can hardly believe. I mean come on. If you value SNOW so little, for the love of God please leave in respect of those who do.

I'm in all truth hoping I am misunderstanding something here, and if I am, my deepest apologies. If not... then well I don't know. :unsure:

[This post is the opinion of rabonnobar, and not necessarily of his alliance.]

Edited by rabonnobar

I'm not a TPF apologist or a fan, but in all fairness, I'm not exactly sure what some of you want from them.

They're already up against the Godliest Military in Cybernations ® :smug: and PC.

Opening up a third front can't really be fun when you're already going up against two alliances whose reputations are built on a nuclear foundation.

Edited by rsoxbronco1

Wait... wait... you're saying TPF is dishonorable for not breaking an NAP to attack STA? Wow, that's seriously pathetic. I honestly have always liked and respected STA... this I can hardly believe. I mean come on. If you value SNOW so little, for the love of God please leave in respect of those who do.

I'm in all truth hoping I am misunderstanding something here, and if I am, my deepest apologies. If not... then well I don't know. :unsure:

I never said they were dishonorable. I just laugh at the word honor being thrown around when they are obviously making a shrewd move by not declaring on us.

BTW I'm not STA gov so my feelings on the SNOW treaty as far as my alliance is concerned aren't that relevant. That said: if one of my allies were being attacked by someone I held an NAP with I would stand by my allies over the NAP. TPF didn't because they don't want to be attacked by polaris. I don't call that honorable but I guess I'd call it smart, though if I were ML I don't know what I'd think. We at STA have looked down the barrel of the gun also, so I can understand where TPF is I suppose.

Also, I want more wars. :v:

You can't take what I'm not willing to give.

A lesson the alliances of Karma are putting into action, finally.

But I'm not going to take anything away from you Mhawk.... I'm just going to watch you give it all away.

Edited by Nobama

It is what it is, we're just trying to free up some slots on ml any way we can. At the moment this is all we can do. You seem to talk down on our decision as though what we're doing is an act of cowardice. There is no promise y'all wont just jump us anyways along with Polar anyways. This is about our friends at molon labe, and if you can't grasp that beyond snipes at us, too bad.

Well, I certainly understand why you would come to ML's aid. They are a quality bunch of people. I also can understand why you would just attack NSO and not both NSO/STA. That isn't a dig at you for that choice, just simply saying I understand.

I never said they were dishonorable. I just laugh at the word honor being thrown around when they are obviously making a shrewd move by not declaring on us.

BTW I'm not STA gov so my feelings on the SNOW treaty as far as my alliance is concerned aren't that relevant. That said: if one of my allies were being attacked by someone I held an NAP with I would stand by my allies over the NAP. TPF didn't because they don't want to be attacked by polaris. I don't call that honorable but I guess I'd call it smart, though if I were ML I don't know what I'd think. We at STA have looked down the barrel of the gun also, so I can understand where TPF is I suppose.

Also, I want more wars. :v:

Many would say it is honorable, or rather, not dishonorable, to abstain from hitting an NAP partner. To hit someone with whom you hold an NAP is, after all, breaking a treaty, however small.

Now, as for wanting more wars, I can never fault someone on something like that. :awesome: Just don't blame TPF for... not breaking a treaty.

To TPF: good luck, have fun, kick $@!, take names maybe even??

Many would say it is honorable, or rather, not dishonorable, to abstain from hitting an NAP partner. To hit someone with whom you hold an NAP is, after all, breaking a treaty, however small.

Now, as for wanting more wars, I can never fault someone on something like that. :awesome: Just don't blame TPF for... not breaking a treaty.

I can appreciate this sentiment, and I won't deny that I'm not too terribly upset about not having full defensive slots. I believe i lost nearly 20K NS last war. :/

There were some creative DoWs this war, and some that were flat-out heroic, but this one is my favorite of all of them. Much respect to TPF for marching further into the jaws of death for their friends. And much love for my guys there at ML. Good luck guys :wub:

o/ TPF

o/ Molon Labe

I for one side with MHawk and TPF on this one. Its commendable that they are doing this for ML, and I see no reason for them to attack STA aside from the desires of many to see NpO enter this conflict. And Why? I mean, after all, Karma already has a tremendous advantage as it is.

They are throwing their banks into the fire, and all you can talk about is how you wish they had died sooner or how you wish they had attacked who you want them to have attacked. Its sad really, and Emperor Grub already said he didnt need any help baiting them.

So, if you want to watch Polar's war machine in action, then I suggest YOU get to declaring on the STA. Otherwise, drop it. You're only making yourself look foolish.

Though, I must say, a blitz of only three? :P

:wub: MHawk

Many would say it is honorable, or rather, not dishonorable, to abstain from hitting an NAP partner.

I'll agree with that albeit half-heartedly. In this situation I would give mad props to TPF if they declared on us.

Now, as for wanting more wars, I can never fault someone on something like that. :awesome:

The tiger hungers as well... :jihad:

Digging deep to repair your image.

It's insulting to try and pass off SNOW as the reason for not attacking STA, however.

Edited by Kastro

...I see no reason for them to attack STA...

Maybe because we attacked their treaty partner?

So, if you want to watch Polar's war machine in action, then I suggest YOU get to declaring on the STA.

Consider this my declaration!

edit: KEVIN KEEGAN SHALL BE THE FIRST OF MANY STAers TO FALL BY MY HAND

Edited by Daverice

So, if you want to watch Polar's war machine in action, then I suggest YOU get to declaring on the STA. Otherwise, drop it. You're only making yourself look foolish.

The nation of Cidduh hereby declares upon the evil forces of Davrice and the despicable forces of E.P.I.C.

Polaris, MOLON ME!