Official IRAN Announcement

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got butthurt because I wasn't asked about something I should have been asked for, so I continued to do my duty of defending my ally, I know that's a hard concept to grasp, but honor actually IS important to me, and I hate to leave anyone behind, but IRAN needs me now more than TPF needs me to be a martyr.

Ugh. You lost me at the honor part. This isn't about honor. This is about you being upset and acting in an immature fashion under the false pretense that you honoring treaties makes you honorable. Your actions have been anything but.

Mogar left the alliance after being circumvented and to continue fighting in such a way that peace terms would not be voided and the general membership attacked.

And yet he is back enjoying the peace he apparently didn't want. If you're going to fight then fight. If you're going to peace out then peace out. Don't do both in the blink of an eye. In addition to that, as per the IRAN charter, Mogar has no power to simply return to the alliance and to his previous position. Once he left and resigned he forfeited that power. Simply wanting it back does not entitle him to it as stipulated by their charter. So forgive me if I find all this talk of honor to be completely patronizing. Honor when convenient seems more like it.

And yet he is back enjoying the peace he apparently didn't want. If you're going to fight then fight. If you're going to peace out then peace out. Don't do both in the blink of an eye. In addition to that, as per the IRAN charter, Mogar has no power to simply return to the alliance and to his previous position. Once he left and resigned he forfeited that power. Simply wanting it back does not entitle him to it as stipulated by their charter. So forgive me if I find all this talk of honor to be completely patronizing. Honor when convenient seems more like it.

That is very much an issue for the membership of IRAN to decide and none of us. I sought to simply offer an insight into the actions of Mogar, not engage in a battle of technicalities concerning internal policy that none of us as outsiders have the authority to wage.

Ugh. You lost me at the honor part. This isn't about honor. This is about you being upset and acting in an immature fashion under the false pretense that you honoring treaties makes you honorable. Your actions have been anything but.

This is about honor to me, and I was upset because someone put my name on something I didnt sign, and was told that I did(and I dot blame archon for that)this did upset me and I admit I made a foolish decision in switching AAs to continue to attack, but if I didn't drop AA, it wouldn't have looked good on IRAN, so I switched.

Ok, I couped him and am an evil dictator, happy? it's irrelevant what our current charter is anyway, i'll be announcing a new one by tomorrow evening where we have 5 government officials who make the decisions, not 3, so a situation like this wont happen again, or at least is dramatically less likely to happen, I rejoined the alliance because they needed me due to the largest nation swapping to a new AA shortly, and will help aid our smaller nations to recover from the war, they fought well for us and I couldn't have asked for more from them, my personal honor does not come before my duties to the government job I took, hence why I'm back and trying to fix this mess.

That is very much an issue for the membership of IRAN to decide and none of us. I sought to simply offer an insight into the actions of Mogar, not engage in a battle of technicalities concerning internal policy that none of us as outsiders have the authority to wage.

I might be wrong but it seems to me that both the charter and alliance members have been ignored here. Mogar took back power and said it was legal because he controls the communications in the alliance (OOC: owns the forums and irc channel) completely ignoring the charter. Would this mean that mogar got a position that place him alone above the charter?

As you said though this isn't our thing to handle. I just like to make the observation that this has been handled very bad by the IRAN leaders (no not just one or two, all three).

edit to avoid double posting:

it's irrelevant what our current charter is anyway, i'll be announcing a new one by tomorrow evening

Once again. What exactly is the point of the charter or having triumvirates instead of a dictator when you're above the charter?

Edited by neneko

I might be wrong but it seems to me that both the charter and alliance members have been ignored here. Mogar took back power and said it was legal because he controls the communications in the alliance (OOC: owns the forums and irc channel) completely ignoring the charter. Would this mean that mogar got a position that place him alone above the charter?

As you said though this isn't our thing to handle. I just like to make the observation that this has been handled very bad by the IRAN leaders (no not just one or two, all three).

I rejoined the alliance after speaking with manbearpig about it, since he was not informed he signed it, Bat betrayed both of us and for that he was punished by removing him from government, as I've said 2397409742094 times already, I am sorry for letting my anger get the best of me and dropping AA to continue to fight.

I call shens Batallion. Look, it's 6 mil in aid sent on the 21st and 24th to Soldier nations by me to help with war!

o/ blanket statements that have no basis in fact

Not just you, other alliances were going to be helping us as well.

Edited by Mogar

I'm confused... whose is currently running the alliance under the members' consent and who is the one trying to regain power?

The members and the entire rest of the government, are in support of "my" government, Battalion is still protected by us until he changes his AA, at which point I will no longer extend this protection.

I rejoined the alliance after speaking with manbearpig about it, since he was not informed he signed it, Bat betrayed both of us and for that he was punished by removing him from government, as I've said 2397409742094 times already, I am sorry for letting my anger get the best of me and dropping AA to continue to fight.

I think you missed my point here. Your charter says that you can't just step right in to a tri position. I think for your alliances sake you should let the gov vote for two new triumvirates. I'm pretty sure they're going to vote you in as triumvirate anyway but just stepping in as triumvirate based on that you control the communications (OOC: forums and irc) looks really bad to me.

Edited by neneko

Batallion, you've now tested and surpased my patience.

Since the beginning of the buildup toward the current war you have done nothing but complain. While others showed resolve to honor their agreements, you whined. When it became clear that your alliance would be alligned on the "Hegemony" side of the conflict you actually refused outright to honor your treaty obligations. It was only through the Initiative's resolve and the resolve of Terra Prime and Soldier that you regained any will to fight. I ignored your blatant cowardice in the hopes that it was simply a passing moment of weakness and that you would show a higher level of quality.

With the commencement of the war, you suddently showed this desire to declare war on everything in sight. Every enemy that came against TPF was suddenly an enemy of IRAN and you sought to post on the OWF to the effect that you were bringing those alliances to battle. On the third day of the war, when it became clear that your ego had outrun the capabilities of those under your command, you began to panic and again start complaining and preaching defeatism. While I and others remained steadfast in the face of adversity while attempting to suggest solutions, you remained steadfast in your dedication to complain endlessly and offer no incentive to your alliance to continue. When asked if IRAN would need to leave the war, however, you denied this and said that you would continue the fight.

Yesterday, I arrive to discover that you have surrendered your alliance without the presence of your two other Triumvirs to the "Karma" movement. Then, upon some further discussion, news of your desire to merge the United Foundation and 64Digits into IRAN comes out. And then it comes out that you were intending to take this alliance and merge it into The Forsaken Ones as a means to continue the fight on the other side of the war. In effect, you attempted to abuse the regard that Archon and the other leaders of the "Karma" movement afforded you to execute a defacto defection of your entire alliance along with two other members of the Overlord's Protectorate Pact to the other side of the war to avenge some sort of petty revenge.

You've consistently shown yourself to be a fair-weather friend. You've consistently shown yourself to be unable to take it when you face less-than-total odds in your favor. In short, you have shown yourself to be nothing but a coward. IRAN deserved better than you. It's a shame they didn't get it.

You disgust me.

that right Tokugawa Mitsukuni what you said. you are very disgusting me batallion.

you have not pride as OPP member. shame of you. better you delete your nation soon. if you still available i will try to kill you after the war is over. you are the shame for OPP member. we are ex OPP member like the other now honored the treaty very much. dont care if we win or lose. i am from NEW if you want to know.

o/ mogar. you have my support

Edited by aming

I think you missed my point here. Your charter says that you can't just step right in to a tri position. I think for your alliances sake you should let the gov vote for two new triumvirates. I'm pretty sure they're going to vote you in as triumvirate anyway but just stepping in as triumvirate based on that you control the communications (OOC: forums and irc) looks really bad to me.

We'll be holding elections once the new charter is completed, so you'll get your wish.

Very true. I'm just busting balls tonight. It's what I do.

Ok, I couped him and am an evil dictator, happy?

No that does not make me happy. It only further highlights your own shortcomings.

my personal honor does not come before my duties to the government job I took, hence why I'm back and trying to fix this mess.

You took the job, then gave it up. You are currently preforming a coup upon your alliance. Do not speak of honor for you do not function under any.

Very true. I'm just busting balls tonight. It's what I do.

No that does not make me happy. It only further highlights your own shortcomings.

You took the job, then gave it up. You are currently preforming a coup upon your alliance. Do not speak of honor for you do not function under any.

I'm not performing anything, I was lied to and was kept out of the loop of an FA decision when I was supposed to be the head of it, and Bat made a decision without consulting either of us, perhaps after the elections I wont be in power anymore, but considering every government member wanted Bat gone for his actions, I don't regret my own.

I'm not performing anything, I was lied to and was kept out of the loop of an FA decision when I was supposed to be the head of it, and Bat made a decision without consulting either of us, perhaps after the elections I wont be in power anymore, but considering every government member wanted Bat gone for his actions, I don't regret my own.

You don't have to regret your actions for them to be wrong.

Small wonder you got your $@! couped. You start talking smack about TPF in one paragraph and in the next you're pissed off about Mogar running a smear campaign against you...seriously? Then you go on to say that you're going to be handing out ZI's and ripping out Mogar's military wonders, while your alliance is a Karma POW and just got out of a war?

You had me sympathising with TPF for a moment but then I was reminded that they agreed to take you on as a protectorate in the first place.

God damn I never thought you'd make me laugh so hard Uhtred :P

Also Battalion, you've lost your mind.

Bawwwwwww. Anyone that took a TPF protectorate after watching them forcefully disband the government of Purge under threat of ZI to every member, then install a Viceroy (regardless of how friendly OBM might be) deserves all the using, all the abusing, all the neglect that comes along with allying yourself to schoolyard bullies like TPF.

Good luck on peace, stop the sniveling.

Jesus Christ dude, get over Purge. They're gone for a reason. I'll have you know that TPF certainly wasn't the only alliance that had plans to deal with Purge.