Resignation

Sarah Tintagyl

In Valkurheim, Sarah once again stood on the podium. She felt weak and powerless and she wanted to shy away from the camera, but politically this needed to be done. To save that Hansa and the people she cared about more than foreign leaders and foreign citizens. She had to do this to save her people.

Imagine

Ladies and Gentlemen of the World,

Within one week, you filled up my offices in Valkurheim and in Brisbane with hate mail and that have become the scum of the earth. Today I am resigning from my position as President of the Nordic Confederacy, due to the realization of my ties to the Australasian Coalition and that I cannot serve in both alliances. For many of you watching this, yes, now you can say you either had your Lady of Peace returned to you or you can take credit that you pressured me into leaving these people. Many who I considered my friends. The world today makes me extremely sick, that we are so hasty to jump that people are scum. We are doing nothing for peace by saying these things and it is disgusting to me to see what has gone on. I am extremely upset with leaders on all sides of the divide in this world nor do I have any faith in the world that peace can ever be reached.

After my resignation, the Hansa will continue to exist as a force striving for peace and stability for the world. However if this war does break out, I refuse to commit any troops to any front and no aid will be sent to the victors or the defeated. Your citizens will die for nothing and if as a leader you do not shed tears for them, then you are not fit to rule. I will continue to act as a mediator between the Nords and the Communists to try and create a peaceful world. But I realize now that people do not want to talk, people only want to fight. Perhaps this is a wake up call, perhaps that you all will think of the past and of what we can do to prevent the glowing green death coming to our homes and hearts.

I am only twenty-nine and yet I have the stress of a woman of forty and I have cried for thousands and millions of people. Citizens and leaders of the world, I need your help, I need your help to stabilize the world.

Sarah reached into her pocket and brought out a small white flower and tears formed in her eyes.

1-black-and-white-daisy-dj-bean-images.jpg

Not through guns and bombs but through love and peace. I might be an idealist, but right now I think that is all we have that we might be able to save ourselves. I will remain in Berlin to see a peaceful transfer of power. I apologize to the world that I was not able to solve this problem as quickly as a true believer of peace and I apologize to the Nordic Confederacy that I was not a successful leader.

Thank you.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

A statement released by the Slavorussian Imperial Family:

Peace cannot be achieved until the wrongs of the Nordic Confederacy have been righted. When the ancient fallen republics, kingdoms and empires of Europe have been restored to their former glory, the healing process can begin. Over the years dozens of nations have fallen to the Evil Empire’s vicious armies. Lubeck, Gebiv and Slavorussia are just a few of the many nations that have been abused and conquered by the evil figures that rule the Nordlandic nations. Someday your vision of a peaceful world may be realized, but not before the wrongs of the NC have been fixed, and made right again.

Peace can be achieved. Mutual strength without oppression. The Pax Pacifica is true peace, where no force has been 'needed'.

Europe of the other hand claims to be 'peaceful' yet this is because of one thing. Nordic Cultural Genocide. If you are different, you must be destroyed or assimilated. Destruction is bad, but assimilation worse. It is the forceful stripping of all things about them different from that of the nordic 'idea' with mere lip service paid to avoid their full on cultural cleansing coming to light.

It is a good day that you have left these people.

Peace can be achieved. Mutual strength without oppression. The Pax Pacifica is true peace, where no force has been 'needed'.

Europe of the other hand claims to be 'peaceful' yet this is because of one thing. Nordic Cultural Genocide. If you are different, you must be destroyed or assimilated. Destruction is bad, but assimilation worse. It is the forceful stripping of all things about them different from that of the nordic 'idea' with mere lip service paid to avoid their full on cultural cleansing coming to light.

"I fully agree with this statement."

- Leclerc

*A message from the desk of Madame Unicorn, to The Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth*

I admire you, Sarah. Your strength and determination to do what is right, even though it has been met with widespread opposition, still shines as a beacon of hope for those, like me, who want nothing but peace. And it can happen. It will happen. I want to offer my hand, to help with anything you may possibly need.

War does nothing but hurt thousands of families, kill thousands of innocent people. And for what?

"It was past time for this. The Nords believe that Peace is something to fight for....not something to have. Let bad old Europe deal with its own affairs, and let the Hansa pursue it's goal of peace in its own region."-Luis De Luit, heard speaking to the Diet.

A statement released by the Slavorussian Imperial Family:

Peace cannot be achieved until the wrongs of the Nordic Confederacy have been righted. When the ancient fallen republics, kingdoms and empires of Europe have been restored to their former glory, the healing process can begin. Over the years dozens of nations have fallen to the Evil Empire's vicious armies. Lubeck, Gebiv and Slavorussia are just a few of the many nations that have been abused and conquered by the evil figures that rule the Nordlandic nations. Someday your vision of a peaceful world may be realized, but not before the wrongs of the NC have been fixed, and made right again.

You do not need to tell her of this. She herself, and her people, were ousted from Europe by states who would later become part of the Nordic Confederacy. At least she was willing to forgive and forget. Not that we agree with her, but we admire her for what she was trying to do.

51255371_10.jpg

I speak for everyone when I say that I am truly sorry for your discomfort. I am sorry to say that many will choose to simply hate Nords rather than investigate who they are and where they came from. It is the nature of haters.

It is deeply disturbing that if we go to war, that no aid will be given. The most aid that Alvonia has ever recieved was the new lands where we reside now.

I am truly sorry it had to come to this. All of my statements before this speech have been wrong and hurtful. I am very, very sorry. It cannot be said enough times.

We agree with this statement as well.

OOC: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

The Republic of Mariehamm agrees completely.

Private to LeVentNoir:

"I am amazed to be agreeing with a man I was once enemies with. I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who learned from their mistakes. Perhaps after the war, we can meet." -Uberstein

The Republic of Mariehamm agrees completely.

Private to LeVentNoir:

"I am amazed to be agreeing with a man I was once enemies with. I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who learned from their mistakes. Perhaps after the war, we can meet." -Uberstein

Perhaps we can. Things change when you have the chance to remove the old chains and make a new start.