Alliance Peace Mode and War Statistics

suryanto tan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the first category, Echelon fought the hardest, with each members fighting 3.74 enemies, on average.

I believe we are still fighting, so present tense :). Otherwise, yay us and I'm looking forward to seeing that number rise as well. The only time it will fall is once all the offensive wars end and we cannot redeclare due to nuclear induced anarchy ;). But I hope our enemies will forgive us this one instance of neglect :D.

Here's to hoping everyone is enjoying this as much as me/we :cheers:!

I believe we are still fighting, so present tense :). Otherwise, yay us and I'm looking forward to seeing that number rise as well. The only time it will fall is once all the offensive wars end and we cannot redeclare due to nuclear induced anarchy ;). But I hope our enemies will forgive us this one instance of neglect :D.

Here's to hoping everyone is enjoying this as much as me/we :cheers:!

I have a feeling there will be a few others who can't declare due to nuclear anarchy. On both sides. It will be an unofficial, self imposed, three day truce. Haha.

Interesting ...

Despite being 4th on the list and as such GO BAPS!! and all ... I have to wonder if it truly is a good metric for measuring how hard someones' fighting.

Some alliances like to declare 1x1, others 2x2 etc ....

For example : If an alliance fights two one on one wars (for a total of two wars), are they taking it easier than if the same two nations cross declare on each of the two targets (for a total of 4 wars)?

I'm not sure. I think its just a different tactic, the latter allowing for cooperation etc with your alliance-mate and possibly making the job easier in some circumstances, whilst obviously at the same time opening yourself up to an increased number of attacks.

I'd be inclined to think that the real metric lies in trying to calculate the number of unique nations at war with an alliance (ie removing the cross element), per non-peace mode nation.

Though, I accept that there's no easy way to gather this ... so nvm me.

Interesting all the same, thanks for taking the time to put it together!

EDIT : My comments were just in relation to the first category. Obviously the peace mode stats stand on their own merits.

Edited by lukemos

For example : If an alliance fights two one on one wars (for a total of two wars), are they taking it easier than if the same two nations cross declare on each of the two targets (for a total of 4 wars)?

If you wait a week, Olympus will be able to tell you the difference between those two deployment styles.

;)

What about GRAN?

Global Republic of Allied Nations?

we are in it too, taking more than people think.

I my self am in 5 wars, 3 declared and 2 defensive.

GRAN itself is at war with 3 Alliances. 2 on the defensive and one on the Offensive.

Edited by Steinfeld

@Lukemos: In two separate one vs one fight, a nation will be hit by only 2 GA, 2 CM, and etc. While in two vs two fight (cross declare) a nation will be hit by 4 GA, 4 CM, and etc. So yes, alliances fighting more war is fighting harder in that sense.

Sparta will play its role and take its hits before this war is done, don't worry about that.

My comment in OP was why SPARTA need to send large amount of nations into peace mode when her nations only fight 0.69 wars per nation. That number means you have a lot of nations in war mode that able to collect in war mode without being hit by anyone. So why bother send them to peace mode?

Sorry about the alliance that are not included in this list. If you are not in top 50 it is very unlikely that you get in there. Thank you for all of you that interested in this stats. I wonder if there is any way to collect them easily. I believe that it provides more insight into the war situation in the field.

For example, most people did not know that SPARTA fought comparable less war than the others. Also, Greenland Republic, despite of the amount of public alliance DoW they issued, is not engaging as much enemy as one would expected.

This data somehow provide an alternative to look into the real battle. It will be inappropriate if an alliance declare war to many alliances, hardly fought them, and at the end says, "In the last war, we declared on 4 alliances at once, and we won the war!"

Perhaps the statistician of the calibre of Unspeakable Evil has a way to get the data easily? I personally would love to see someone maintain this list. I apparently is not a good choice for that "someone".

Edited by suryanto tan

Hey, you guys totally forgot about us =(

The Dark Templar had 149 wars and 44 members which is about 3.39 wars per member putting us in 3rd most wars per member

Even if you count our wars with white peace recently declared, we still have 125 wars remaining which is still pretty high at 2.84 wars per member

Hey, you guys totally forgot about us =(

The Dark Templar had 149 wars and 44 members which is about 3.39 wars per member putting us in 3rd most wars per member

Even if you count our wars with white peace recently declared, we still have 125 wars remaining which is still pretty high at 2.84 wars per member

If you are not one of the top 50 alliance in term of score, it is very unlikely that your alliance will be listed.

At first I only collected 50 top alliances, but then realize that some of the alliance are not relevant to be mentioned because they are not even inside this war. Later, I add another 10 alliances, that in my poor judgment, is worth noted.

Edited by suryanto tan

interesting idea, though it's funny to see everyone using peace mode as a tactic and finally stop whining about it.

I'd wager that those who had a problem with it only cared when it was their enemy using it, and, on top of that, those alliances are the NPO and friends, who have now reached the inevitable outcome of proving that they're hypocrites in that regard.

Sparta is really fighting a easy war.

Sparta has always been a bit of a ghost town - a lot of large alliances are full of ghosts. Unless you get really serious about patrolling and policing your ghosts, once you hit a certain size (and a sanction only compounds it) you will always have a higher percentage of ghosts than smaller alliances.

That said, Sparta also appears to be full of rather weak-kneed sissy boys. It's pretty sad, really. Their performance is pretty damn weak. They've got all of this apparent strength and power, but aren't using it at all - and I've seen plenty of open slots on many Hegemony alliances. It's not a lack of slots, or out of range, it's just a lack of will and fortitude.

Edit: Gramirz

Edited by Lady Gaga

Sparta has always been a bit of a ghost town - a lot of large alliances are full of ghosts. Unless you get really serious about patrolling and policing your ghosts, once you hit a certain size (and a sanction only compounds it) you will always have a higher percentage of ghosts than smaller alliances.

That said, Sparta also appears to be full of rather weak-kneed sissy boys. It's pretty sad, really. Their performance is pretty damn weak. They've got all of this apparent strength and power, but aren't using it at all - and I've seen plenty of open slots on many Hegemony alliances. It's not a lack of slots, or out of range, it's just a lack of will and fortitude.

Edit: Gramirz

glad to see you still have your quality posting skills tela

We are only at war with one alliance right now: NPO. And NPO's slots fill up quickly as they are at war with a lot of people. zzz. Peace mode stats don't mean much as a lot of alliances have banks that shouldn't be sitting out in war mode waiting to get rolled by someone looking for an easy target.

In our case we have people who actively want targets but have to wait. The people who will be in a lot of wars will be mid-sized alliances who declared on multiple parties. If an alliance has more war mode nations than it has available targets then it is going to kill the average wars stats as there will be many with 0 wars who are in war mode.

There is also the case that a lot of NPO are in anarchy right now. It hardly seems reasonable to just fill up more slots on a guy who is already getting rolled as you never know when you might end up involved in another conflict.

People are reading the wrong info out of these stats in many cases I think. But that is not surprising.

EDIT: There may be lots of Hegemony alliances with open slots but if you haven't noticed we're not at war with anyone but NPO. It's funny to see people taking cheap shots at Sparta here. They complain about curbstomps and then complain if you limit your involvement in a conflict to those who really deserve it. Interesting.

Edited by Drostan

)): GR )):

You aren't giving GR credit, as was given to UMB and others, for being smart and using peace mode as a military strategy in a nuclear war. GR did the right thing to hold nations in reserve, rotating them in and out of battle. Frankly, the peace mode statistic does very little to provide useful information about the battle. What were the odds against the alliance? Were there lots of targets available? Is the alliance using a tactic of deliberately holding people out to rotate them later? Are there so few slots open in the enemy that you can keep nations out of peace and still be safe?

Too many variables to slight an alliance for peace mode stats. Particularly GR here.

That's why you hire the cleanup crew.

ghostbusters.jpg