Nordic Confederacy Actions and Events

Sarah Tintagyl

Constant criticism. It didn't matter whether she was in Brisbane or in Valkurhem, the letters were constant. Praise from the Nords and harsh criticism from everywhere else, though every once in a while a letter would seep through still with the tear stains of a leader who had toiled over the paper just to make every word right to a leader that though they still respected and loved, figured, that there was no more hope for the world. Lady Tintagyl a Nord? Never...really...well...damn...

It had been Sarah's political pipe dream to always one day have ruled over Europe and the fact that she could do it without ever raising a hand or better yet a firearm was better still. But she wanted her dream to last a little longer than a few days, therefore, if the Confederacy was to survive in the world, a world that despised them and for every event sought to destroy every trapping of them, Sarah had her work cut out for her. The problems that faced her administration were massive. Accusations of cultural genocide, the Nordic-Russian War was still on the minds of many of the world, tension that had been building up since the war's end, and a million other things. Her chore list seemed impossible to do, but perhaps the world would give her time.

If the Nords had approved her her ascension to the Presidency as purely a PR move, really it wasn't like it was a bad move. She did have voice in the world that they didn't have and for Martens or Visari to stand on a podium and cry for peace...no, it just wouldn't work. But she could, she could make peace a reality.

Siting in her Audience Room in Valkurheim, Sarah looked at that stack of papers that dominated her desk. "Cultural genocide." She said tracing her finger down the report. "A fake culture indeed, well nevertheless at what the world thinks of this or what the Nords think. If the world wants diversity, we are a diverse people nevertheless." Getting up from her seat, she walked to a map of Nordheim hanging on the wall. There were various ethnic provinces all across Europe. Danes, Swedes, French, Dutch, Dane, German, Czech, Pole...saying that they were Nordic was just another name for a European she thought. A continent can be renamed. Frivolous, but it could be done.

------------------

Nordic Council of Affairs, Valkurheim

"Ladies and Gentlemen." Sarah began looking around at the group of people sitting around her. "Prior to this administration, the world has accused this Confederacy of the crime of cultural genocide that we are erasing the languages and the cultures of the past to place into our citizens mind, through education and statism the ethnicity of Nordic. Now, these accusations are harsh yes, but we also have the ability to prove the world wrong. Europe is a continent of diverse peoples and cultures. Forget what Mariehamm says, they own Finland. One of the many cultures of the European Continent. But we have people that stretch across the war. Dutch, French, Dane, Norwegian, Pole, Italian, just to name a few. I propose that a great festival is held, I will propose Valkurheim to do this, but any city is acceptable. Out in a field we shall build a great monument to cultural diversity in the world and in Europe in general. Over the course of this festival we will showcase the power of individual culture that our people have so courageously built over the last one thousand years. Music by Chopin, Wagner, Mozart, Handel, and Saint-Sains, art by Monet, Michelangelo, and Van Gogh, writings of Voltaire, Fredrick the Great, and Decartes and we will invite the world to do the same."

"In addition to those changes I would like to propose an Confederacy wide education reform. While I see no problem with Nordlandic being taught in all schools as a universal language for the Confederacy, much the same way a universal currency could be enacted, which we may talk about at a later date. I propose that classes be offered to expand our young children's mind about the various peoples of the world and of Europe. We will take a greater interest to the subjects of Anthropology, History, Literature, Art, and Writing, as well as Nordlandic, and the various other languages that make up the European continent." Sarah looked at her compatriots. "Ladies? Gentlemen? Your thoughts and votes?"

Marlish Udet, Reichskanzler of the Greater German Reich stood up.

"I agree we should build more monuments to show off our European diversity. It would be a massive endeavor, yes, but it'll be worth it in the end. In regards to the Nordlandic education system, the Reich Ministry of Education already has a program in place that teaches all Reich nationalities their history. Perhaps, we could share these ideas and expand upon them, to include the entire Nordic Condederacy."

Udet straightened his uniform and sipped his water.

"Scolar Visari had planned a national currency for the Nordic Confederacy. Perhaps, we should go forward with these plans to strengthen ourselves economically."

"...But, we Already do have such festivals...and we already do teach several languages. I am afraid to say that we cannot enact your reforms because what you're trying to create exists already."

OOC: When did you RP that? I've never seen a single non-Nordlandic festival RP from you.

OOC: When did you RP that? I've never seen a single non-Nordlandic festival RP from you.

OOC: When did you last RP a Christian festival or a Muslim one in your nation. When was the last time you RP'd your own citizens wiping their own backsides. Just because you don't post it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

OOC: When did you last RP a Christian festival or a Muslim one in your nation. When was the last time you RP'd your own citizens wiping their own backsides. Just because you don't post it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

OOC: In little things like that last example <_< I tend to agree with you. But in things that have a broader effect, at least some RP would be nice.

OOC: ...I didn't RP Nordlandic Festivals either, save for when we won the war for extremely obvious reasons. Though, I did specifically RP the existance and autonomy of the minorities several times - I never saw you do anything like it.

OOC: That's because I didn't need to, I wasn't creating a new culture. Ubersteinia kept the regions the same, and my official government system had each country under my rule have their own elected representative. I still have the excel spreadsheet I made for that.

Also, answers accusations with "I never say YOU do it" is completely unprofessional and proves nothing in your favor.

OOC: ...I didn't RP Nordlandic Festivals either, save for when we won the war for extremely obvious reasons. Though, I did specifically RP the existance and autonomy of the minorities several times - I never saw you do anything like it.

OOC: because he happens to use what's already there in RL, if I understand correctly.