Global Defence Initiative DoW

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the GDI CB they mention that Pacifica was planning to 'Draft' the Red Team into battle, in the TWIP announcement. This is inaccurate, this was actually a proposal by a single member of the NPO, which was actually featured as a bad idea

From the thread just before the screenshot

Strategery

War inevitably brings out the submerged general in all of us. This means at least 5 people in your alliance will open a thread with a great, new idea to win the war--3 of those threads will all suggest what amounts to warslot filling, the other two will be more creative but equally silly:

In the GDI CB they mention that Pacifica was planning to 'Draft' the Red Team into battle, in the TWIP announcement. This is inaccurate, this was actually a proposal by a single member of the NPO, which was actually featured as a bad idea

From the thread just before the screenshot

Not sure what went into the whole draft red idea.

But if i was a red nation and did not want to be tech raided or forced to join a allinace for protection. I would be thinking, fighting beside the NPO might be in my bet long term interests. A lot of people join red for protection. Say what you want about them, but the NPO is the only allinace that protects unallied nations.

Edited by King Tom

Not sure what went into the whole draft red idea.

But if i was a red nation and did not want to be tech raided or forced to join a alliance for protection. I would be thinking, fighting beside the NPO might be in my bet long term interests. A lot of people join red for protection. Say what you want about them, but the NPO is the only alliance that protects unaligned nations.

Fixed your spelling.

It wasn't so much that the NPO were the only folks who protects unaligned nations. See, Yellow and Maroon attempted it too... Folks in the hegemony just decided that it weren't OK to limit their tech raid choices. Though, this is a long time ago, so maybe you weren't aware. You can read it in the almanac of times past.

(OOC: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Yellow_Number_5 ,

Edited by Amoshi

So many "/me facepalms" in one OP that I look like I've been slapped.

You clearly do not understand what constitutes a good reason for going to war.

One last notice. Our alliance sticks as a peacekeeping team. This means that some of our members do not prefer conflict for various reasons, including RL or simply a lack of concept on current affairs. Therefore, if we attack, we're at war. If one doesn't, they do not wish to be involved. Leave them be.

Oh good grief.

You don't even understand the mechanics of war, do you?

Upon reading the OP more carefully I noticed this gem:

One last notice. Our alliance sticks as a peacekeeping team. This means that some of our members do not prefer conflict for various reasons, including RL or simply a lack of concept on current affairs. Therefore, if we attack, we're at war. If one doesn't, they do not wish to be involved. Leave them be.

Umm.... Seriously? Stay out of the war if you don't want to be in it.

EDIT: crap beaten to it by 6 minutes :(

Edited by Teriethien

Oh good grief.

i lol"ed. if there not gonna fight they should go into peace mode lol.

Oh good grief.

You clearly do not understand what constitutes a good reason for going to war.= profit?