Umbrella Announcement

Its a good tactic but you guys in Citadel preach the moral word. I guess it goes out the window as with the rest of the moral police when it doesnt suit you. Looks like Q mkII will await the world after this. :P People will do anything for the "greater good"

You mistake individuals in alliances as the complete voice of "The Citadel". You'll have to try a little harder than crying about us being hypocrites because I don't think a single one of us really care about being a shining light for CN. Now shut up and talk about something you know more about.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a good tactic but you guys in Citadel preach the moral word. I guess it goes out the window as with the rest of the moral police when it doesnt suit you. Looks like Q mkII will await the world after this. :P People will do anything for the "greater good"

I don't see it as any worse than attacking a small alliance with few connections as TPF or NADC did in hopes of not getting hit hard.

Also, as mrcalkin put in a manner I wouldn't, we aren't exactly a monolithic entity in terms of values. If Q MK II does things like allow FAN to exist as a regular alliance, give lenient peace terms, or finally have the war on NAAC end, then it doesn't seem so bad. A dynamic multi-polar world is my ideal, however.

Edited by Nausea

You mistake individuals in alliances as the complete voice of "The Citadel". You'll have to try a little harder than crying about us being hypocrites because I don't think a single one of us really care about being a shining light for CN.

The truth at last. Might is right is still going strong. <_<

I don't see it as any worse than attacking a small alliance with few connections as TPF or NADC did in hopes of not getting hit hard.

Also, as mrcalkin put in a manner I wouldn't, we aren't exactly a monolithic entity in terms of values. If Q MK II does things like allow FAN to exist as a regular alliance, give lenient peace terms, or finally have the war on NAAC end, then it doesn't seem so bad. A dynamic multi-polar world is my ideal, however.

I entirely agree, a multi-polar world would be interesting, and I don't think any one alliance at the moment, nor block could currently impose themselves like NPO does/will have done. In reference to Warriorconcept's discussion on post-war activities, I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

In this war, clearly two colours I have been impressed by...Black and Purple.

O in Orange has been reduced to 'Optional'.

I hate to break it to you, but the defensive aspect of the OUT treaty has always been "optional."

Edited by LOLtex

Maybe you should stop reading into things what you want to hear. Wearing blinders won't do you any good aside from make you seem idiotically pedantic.

What am i reading into this? " I don't think a single one of us really care about being a shining light for CN."

What am i reading into this? " I don't think a single one of us really care about being a shining light for CN."

Yeah, we don't care about being shining lights. That doesn't mean we're off fulfilling your fantasies of Karma committing atrocities and your idea of "might makes right." It's almost as if you want to be martyred or something, as if it would prove a point, which is ironically the thesis that Karma is as bad as the current (as the ex) status quo.

Excuse me for sounding like a noob, but why is it you post a DoW on an alliance and not attack? You still have half your alliance hanging out in peace mode. Or do you just need to find a way to get your OAPs' chained into this ?

Excuse me for sounding like a noob, but why is it you post a DoW on an alliance and not attack? You still have half your alliance hanging out in peace mode. Or do you just need to find a way to get your OAPs' chained into this ?

You realize alliances on both sides are doing this, right? Having guys in peace mode to come out at a later time is a viable tactic that's been used for years in CN.

Having extra bullets in the chamber, so to speak.

You realize alliances on both sides are doing this, right? Having guys in peace mode to come out at a later time is a viable tactic that's been used for years in CN.

Having extra bullets in the chamber, so to speak.

Yes i remember all the propoganda and sigs that supported that tactic

Think big picture, not just one war in the mess of hundreds. Strategyyyy

so it is the OAP thing, thanks for the clarification

Yeah, we don't care about being shining lights. That doesn't mean we're off fulfilling your fantasies of Karma committing atrocities and your idea of "might makes right." It's almost as if you want to be martyred or something, as if it would prove a point, which is ironically the thesis that Karma is as bad as the current (as the ex) status quo.

If questioning the morality of Karma during the war results in a thinly disguised threat of PZI then you have made the point for me. I have no wish to be martyred yet I had this said to me three times since yesterday . I will continue to question your methods because you are my enemy. If doing that results in your (Karma) members threatening to PZI me (yes I take it as a threat of PZI when I am repeatedly posed with a question of whether I want to be a martyred or not) then you have shown how you are prepared to act and it runs contrary to what I have been reading for the last few months.

If questioning the morality of Karma during the war results in a thinly disguised threat of PZI then you have made the point for me. I have no wish to be martyred yet I had this said to me three times since yesterday . I will continue to question your methods because you are my enemy. If doing that results in your (Karma) members threatening to PZI me (yes I take it as a threat of PZI when I am repeatedly posed with a question of whether I want to be a martyred or not) then you have shown how you are prepared to act and it runs contrary to what I have been reading for the last few months.

You won't be PZI'd (that's another thing I'd like to see go away). That being said, you are reading lots into things that you have very little information about. By Citadel saying, "we don't want to be a shining light," it doesn't mean we believe that might makes right. It just means we're not going to go about on some moral crusade or beacon where everyone revolves around us. We'll continue to play the game how we play it and by our own standards. If you feel as though that makes us a "shining light" then maybe you need to rethink your positions on issues. To us what you call "shining light" is a way we live by and play the game but do not believe is anything that should be out of the norm.

You won't be PZI'd (that's another thing I'd like to see go away). That being said, you are reading lots into things that you have very little information about. By Citadel saying, "we don't want to be a shining light," it doesn't mean we believe that might makes right. It just means we're not going to go about on some moral crusade or beacon where everyone revolves around us. We'll continue to play the game how we play it and by our own standards. If you feel as though that makes us a "shining light" then maybe you need to rethink your positions on issues. To us what you call "shining light" is a way we live by and play the game but do not believe is anything that should be out of the norm.

Ding ding ding. Just because we don't support PZI or a few other policies that have become the norm around this world doesn't mean we are perfect angels. We don't want to position ourselves as your saviors in this power vacuum. We are here to provide for ourselves and our allies.

I never said I was going to PZI you. Are you really that scared? What I meant was that it seems as if you guys claim that Karma is no better than NPO and company and that you're looking for any excuse to make such a comparison. You're just being ridiculous, and not even worth the trouble that a PZI would entail. Don't flatter yourself honey.

GO FORTH IN YOUR JOURNEY TO FIND INJUSTICE BY WARPING, MISCONSTRUING, AND MAKING BASELESS DOOMS-DAY PREDICTIONS BUT KNOW IN YOUR HEART YOU WILL ONLY RETURN DISAPPOINTED. I SALUTE YOU emot-haw.gif