A letter to Karma

Dear Karma,

I have watched this war unfold with interest, for too long now have NPO reigned uncontested, and assuming that you are correct in your assumption that you will win I have a warning and a request from you.

I know I’m not well known or that important, I know that currently I’m not engaged in fighting for you. But in my heart I know you are fighting for a good cause and will fight well.

You started this war to end what has been accepted as NPO’s unrivalled dominance of Planet Bob for too long now, they have manipulated politics for their own good, wiped out alliances that seemed to pose a threat and have cultivated the society to work for them. This is what you seek to end, which is a noble and laudable cause.

If you succeed and rid the world of NPO’s reign, do not fall into their ways.

When a man fights a monster he must take care not to become it.

If in fighting NPO you employ their tactics, obliteration of small or medium alliances, harsh surrender terms including placing viziers in place, and other tactics that NPO has used over the years you will have betrayed your cause, yourselves, and your alliance members, and the war will have been for naught.

Consider your fallen foes, have mercy on those who surrender and respect for those who fight you. Do not ignore the populace of Planet Bob; do not ignore your morals, and most of all stay faithful to your cause.

I’m sure few will read this, but I hope it shall be heeded.

Best Wishes

Pharaoh Bradshaw

This isn’t the Black Order Of Knight’s official view, it is mine

Karma is not a united entity with a formal governing body nor formal members. Informally, there is a coalition in place comprised of many different backgrounds and histories. All of which containing an abundance of knowledge in military and diplomatic affairs. That being said, Karma will not make the same mistake previous coalitions made when fighting Pacifica. (CoaLUEtion, League)

I hope my alliance gives harsh surrender terms to the NPO,not anybody else after the war just them.The reason is because they need to now how it feels to be on the losing side and acutally get horrible terms and not left off like in GW1 all easy and don't learn anything

I understand your concern but i highly doubt that Karma will remain as a united group for long after the Hegemony has been taught their lesson. I personally belive we are heading for a world with something around 3-5 major groups that over the course of a year or so will slowly combine into 2 distinct sides. Hopefully though neither of these side continue with the vile practices we are fighting against now. After all a battle between Gentlemen may be rough but at least the innocent are spared.

I understand your concern but i highly doubt that Karma will remain as a united group for long after the Hegemony has been taught their lesson. I personally belive we are heading for a world with something around 3-5 major groups that over the course of a year or so will slowly combine into 2 distinct sides. Hopefully though neither of these side continue with the vile practices we are fighting against now. After all a battle between Gentlemen may be rough but at least the innocent are spared.

^This^

Well said.

That being said, Karma will not make the same mistake previous coalitions made when fighting Pacifica. (CoaLUEtion, League)

Here is my opinion on that statement:

It wasn't the lenient terms after the 1st Great War that allowed Pacifica to recover and take over Bob in under a year. It was the naivete of the leaders of the CoaLUEtion alliances. If we had fought Pacifica to near ZI, it would have done very little but set the timetable back a bit. They still would have won in the end because they were very skilled and far more hungry for world domination than we were (it never even dawned on us that we should become a hegemon). Their strongest weapon of the time was that we didn't truly understand them until it was too late. As a result, we allowed them to divide us so they could conquer us in small groups.

That is the method of the NPO, and over three years, they have rationalized their actions in a way that prompted all of us to turn a blind eye as they destroyed those who would oppose them, part by part, piece by piece, until there were nearly none left to oppose them openly. They destroyed LUE while the Legion and ODN watched. They defeated the Legion and ODN with the help of FAN. They destroyed FAN with the help of the GOONs. They destroyed the GOONs with the help of the ODN and Legion.

You don't have to punish their members with harsh terms to stop them from rearming and taking over the world. All you have to do is see them for what they truly are and not allow complacency to prompt you to underestimate their skill or the lengths that they will go to regain dominance. The effort doesn't end at the end of the war. You will have to watch them for as long as they continue to play the game, because they are better at it than you and will beat you if you let them. If you really want to prevent the NPO from winning the game, then don't be short sighted and allow them to use your own ambitions to destroy others. Every time they bring a casus belli to these forums, reject it on the grounds that they are only killing another ally in the neverending fight to contain them. You won't have to do anything else other than take away their means to divide and conquer. A lack of wars and boredom will kill Pacifica far more readily than any harsh peace terms that you could come up with.

KARMA seems to me to be an amalgamation of various political entities with only a loose, common threat. The New Pacific Order. I sincerely feel that this is the worst possible thing that could take place given that once this war ends, the bonds that bind these entities together will slowly dissolve, and it will result in the various power plays and power grabs that inevitably take place after a superpower is displaced.

This war, in my opinion, is a travesty. Not because one side is losing to another, or because one side is claiming victory or moral superiority. It is a travesty because both sides failed to listen to each other. There was a grave miscommunication, and a failure to listen to reason. Both sides wanted this fight, and now, both sides shall have it.

KARMA seems to me to be an amalgamation of various political entities with only a loose, common threat. The New Pacific Order. I sincerely feel that this is the worst possible thing that could take place given that once this war ends, the bonds that bind these entities together will slowly dissolve, and it will result in the various power plays and power grabs that inevitably take place after a superpower is displaced.

This war, in my opinion, is a travesty. Not because one side is losing to another, or because one side is claiming victory or moral superiority. It is a travesty because both sides failed to listen to each other. There was a grave miscommunication, and a failure to listen to reason. Both sides wanted this fight, and now, both sides shall have it.

Speaking from the Karma side and closely affiliated to MK i can claim that the only sound i heard coming from NPO's direction was the sound of boots marching.

Speaking from the Karma side and closely affiliated to MK i can claim that the only sound i heard coming from NPO's direction was the sound of boots marching.

How then do you explain Archon's seemingly dictatorial, and domineering mood when discussing KARMA/NPO peace talks? I distinctly remember seeing logs that reminded me of Moo's actions when talking with OV members regarding their Peace Negotiations. What bothers me is not the fact that NPO wanted war to a certain extent. It's the fact that one side is trying to whitewash already. Archon is neither a savior, nor a liberator. He's a smart politician who can play the game.

How then do you explain Archon's seemingly dictatorial, and domineering mood when discussing KARMA/NPO peace talks? I distinctly remember seeing logs that reminded me of Moo's actions when talking with OV members regarding their Peace Negotiations. What bothers me is not the fact that NPO wanted war to a certain extent. It's the fact that one side is trying to whitewash already. Archon is neither a savior, nor a liberator. He's a smart politician who can play the game.

It's called Archonism. ;)

while i very much doubt karma will remain as one unified force after the war or that it will exhibit the same dictatorial ways that NPO has i do think that we will see "another NPO" rise up. one alliance will always be the biggest and most powerful and thats the way it will always be, we can only hope that future large alliances don't abuse power the same way NPO has. however i think it would be unfair to harshly punish NPO and its allies, leaders should be punishe, alliances should be downsized but there is no need for outright brutality.

inspiring words Pharaoh Bradshaw. i am soon to be entering the war on the side of Karma and it is good to know we have support from non combatants

It's called being fed up. After all the spying and lying that they've done, why would he just come in and say, " There, there, sweet 'ums it's alright. Would you like some cocoa? Shhhh... it'll be alright." I think he handled it rather well, given the circumstances. If you had lived life under the jackboot of NPO as long as some of us have, I feel you wouldn't have the same perspective. There was absolutely no reason to trust them, and he acted accordingly based on the information at hand. It's all right here on the forums if you care to take a look.

Yes, he's not a savior. Here in The Wastes, Osbourne The Prince of Darkness, The All-Father is our savior along with our pantheon of 13 Metal Gods. However, you are incorrect as he is one of many liberators. As am I, and every single person fighting for Karma. We are liberating each other, as well as those who seek to enjoy a world free of endless war and oppression. There will always be conflict, we're not so naive as to say otherwise. This many people couldn't possibly be this angry without cause or reason. Believe me, we all have our reasons.