General RPing Guidelines II

LeVentNoir

Bringing things forward through a re roll is basically a question: Would they, in RL be able to be obtained by the new govt? Static defenses, yes, provided, they were never destroyed / decommissioned, you own the land they were on, and you have good RP to how they would be operated(you have a character who knows etc) Characters, yes, if they were in a position were they could realistically come forward. If they were in, no, if the had infiltrated the new govt under a disguise, sure, if done properly. Citizens / ethnic groups. No in most cases. You don't see the new govt of somali calling Somalians home and they returning do you? Weapons plans, sometimes. Most of those would be secret, and so with the fall of the old military regime, they would be locked away, and unable to accessed(Although i'm sure you can RP around that).

The point is, when you re roll, you get nothing for free, you have to work for it, and even then you still don't get everything.

Also, by 're roll' I mean, leave CNRP, or for no reason, abandon your nation and start a new one. If you are conquered in war, and reclaim your land through a rebellion, that would not count as a re roll.

Makes sense.

The rule about not rping the same government when you get rolled needs to be removed. You can easily roleplay a government in exile, or that your people went to a new area.

This rule does not apply when you lose a IC war. This rule applies when you stop RPing, or deliberately stop RPing a certain nation. Not when you get rolled if you choose to stay and fight back,

• 4 weeks later...

Question

Computer Technology viruses that are RPed, allowed?

Another question

Can GMs moderate nations going a bit overboard in EVERY aspect of a nation? If not money wise, then keep them from RPing god modding.

Question.

For Chemical Weapons, does the CM level include Artillery shells? TBH I have no idea how CW's would be delivered now (By plane or something I guess), but like During WW1 they used shells not Missiles.

I feel it should.

Question

Computer Technology viruses that are RPed, allowed?

Another question

Can GMs moderate nations going a bit overboard in EVERY aspect of a nation? If not money wise, then keep them from RPing god modding.

Yes. But viruses are not effective at all on most systems, as almost everyone runs different systems, and hence the code would not work.

And yes, present us the infraction, evidence it is overboard, and we call upon the player to defend their claim.

I feel it should.

Yes. But viruses are not effective at all on most systems, as almost everyone runs different systems, and hence the code would not work.

And yes, present us the infraction, evidence it is overboard, and we call upon the player to defend their claim.

Viruses don't work at all on my systems.

Punchcards and pneumatic tubes FTW.

Viruses don't work at all on my systems.

Punchcards and pneumatic tubes FTW.

You know that you might have a one Hz processor? A mechanical computer is so weak its not worth it. You might as well compute on a cellphone, its much more powerful.

You know that you might have a one Hz processor? A mechanical computer is so weak its not worth it. You might as well compute on a cellphone, its much more powerful.

It also means he won't be working back up from the stone age if he's attacked by a virus or EMP weapon. :P

Ain't dat a bit of an exaggeration? :D

Not really. He would have ~1945 computing power. No matter how advanced a cyber attack, it would not leave you that bereft of computers. Somebody would have a cellphone somewhere Or a calculator.

Just goes to show that people need to consider things like having back up systems in place in the event of a viral attack or any other sort of attack for that matter.

I'd be highly surprised if some ding a ling had their sole central computer network directly linked into the net with no back up network to take up some of the work load in the event of a strike.

lol... never mind.... I probably wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah. a little hard to attack something with a virus when there's nothing for it to attack... LOL :lol1:

You don't understand my system.

It uses punchcards to get from the communications to the closed computer system. The punchcards have a LOT of little holes and are bigger than normal punchcards. The computer system is kept up to date (late 1980's according to the old techscale). It's simply a closed system, you can't get a virus in because I have a literal air gap as my firewall. :P

It uses punchcards to get from the communications to the closed computer system. The punchcards have a LOT of little holes and are bigger than normal punchcards. The computer system is kept up to date (late 1980's according to the old techscale). It's simply a closed system, you can't get a virus in because I have a literal air gap as my firewall. :P

How does the punchcards function?

Dude, even a small program is say, a kilobyte. Thats 1000 of those punchcards you would have to enter. Heck, emails are that size.

Dude, even a small program is say, a kilobyte. Thats 1000 of those punchcards you would have to enter. Heck, emails are that size.

Rolls of card-paper then? And they are not like those 100 hole cards that people used to use. They have a lot more holes and such. Besides, they can still type things in and such, it's simply a physical air gap between the communication systems and the computers.

Just on the reroll thing (since that is kind of what I am doing now), there will be an explanation for why my new government (once it finally emerges) gets most of the stuff back. There have already been hints of it in my thread, but it will be fully explained once the government is back up and running again fully.