Honor your debts and repay them in full.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I do not understand your reasoning, or concern.

The treaty that we have with STA is very explicit in stating that we will assess any issue that threatens the security and stability of the alliance and act accordingly. That has nothing to do with chaining or otherwise.

And even without it, I do not prescribe to your requirements on what supplies sufficient casus belli. If I say that I valued the word and honor of MK above any written treaty then that is just the way it is. If MK was willing to sacrifice themselves on our behalf and go to war if need be without treaty in place then surely such an act would mandate we respond in kind.

How does this concern you or the NPO?

But, Ivan! The world doesn't work like that! You're only allowed to declare war if you're forced to by a wirtten piece of paper because there is no other legitimate way to defend someone. Anyone who does otherwise is just bandwagonning scum!

He is using a defensive clause to wage an aggressive war.

Dear LoD self appointed attorney at law for planet Bob,

We reject your narrow minded world view. Our commitments do not require your personal approval.

Sincerly,

The New Sith Order

It's been said before in this thread, but I would like to underscore it's importance....

You take care of your friends, in thick and thin. NSO needs no paper treaty to stand by their brother's side in the conflict, be it offensive or defensive. I give them credit for carefully weighing the cause and reaching a decision with a statement of re-assessing the conflict in a couple of weeks.

After this war is over, perhaps we'll see more unwritten pacts of friendship and less political treaties that create the mess we had before this started which led to so many alliances holding treaties with others on both sides of the overall conflict.

But, Ivan! The world doesn't work like that! You're only allowed to declare war if you're forced to by a wirtten piece of paper because there is no other legitimate way to defend someone. Anyone who does otherwise is just bandwagonning scum!

That is why the great lie will always fail in the end.

I'm afraid I do not understand your reasoning, or concern.

The treaty that we have with STA is very explicit in stating that we will assess any issue that threatens the security and stability of the alliance and act accordingly. That has nothing to do with chaining or otherwise.

And even without it, I do not prescribe to your requirements on what supplies sufficient casus belli. If I say that I valued the word and honor of MK above any written treaty then that is just the way it is. If MK was willing to sacrifice themselves on our behalf and go to war if need be without treaty in place then surely such an act would mandate we respond in kind.

How does this concern you or the NPO?

It does not 'concern' me. It interests me, as one who follows the politics of Planet Bob.

Shame you didn't read the OP. Oh well.

Except I did. Don't assume I didn't just because my opinion differs from yours.

Just keep spewing the !@#$%^&*! Until it comes true!

You need to recognize the new laws of CN Politics. Friendships are more important than blocks of text attempting to symbolize a friendship. NSO is not fighting you, so don't worry about it.

I guess the new laws of Planet Bobs politics no longer require any alliance to have a valid CB other than "We like Guy A, we're going to hit Guy B because Guy A is too."

I guess the new laws of Planet Bobs politics no longer require any alliance to have a valid CB other than "We like Guy A, we're going to hit Guy B because Guy A is too."

Isn't that how treaties work? You like guy A; so you treaty with him so in case he attacks guy B you do too.

I'm really not sure what changed, except for the elimination of the paper symbolizing this.

Edited by Portugal

It is a silly idea to think that you need a treaty connection to declare an honorable war.

o/ NSO

Aint this ^^^ the truth.

Good show NSO. A piece of paper, or the lack of this paper should never decide how a war is fought. An alliances honor is the only thing that counts.

Edited by Bad JuJu

There was never a "law" stating the contrary no matter how much your alliance wished it had the authority to write and uphold one.

How, exactly, is this different from any other point in time?

Wasn't that the entire reason for half of the wars in CN anyway?

Just keep spewing the !@#$%^&*! Until it comes true!

You need to recognize the new laws of CN Politics. Friendships are more important than blocks of text attempting to symbolize a friendship. NSO is not fighting you, so don't worry about it.

If the unwritten word is the new treaty then anything goes and the moral message Ive been hearing about for some time now is bogus. Measuring friendships is similar to the measuring of honour, saying you are better friends so your treaty activation is better that others is pointless because it cant be proved or disproved. Good luck in your two week war, I hope ML & Co agreed the timetable before you announced.

derp.

Or, perhaps what is going on is more like this: "Our interests lie in the success of Guy A, so we're going to hit Guy B because Guy A is hitting Guy B"

The time when you could successfully sway large amounts of people with such lazy drivel has passed, better sharpen your pencil.

You'll have to pardon Ivan for not caring enough about what NPO thinks to manufacture a casus belli like they do.

There was a time when NPO stood for something - and the man leading NSO into battle tonight is the one who was leading them then. You're nothing but pretenders dressing up in daddy's clothes. Have some respect for the one who put Pacifica on the map.

Dear LoD self appointed attorney at law for planet Bob,

We reject your narrow minded world view. Our commitments do not require your personal approval.

Sincerly,

The New Sith Order

Dear Reachwind self appointed guy that thinks he's hilarious,

I don't care. I'm commenting whether you like it or not.

Sincerely,

Some Pacifican Drone.

Beats the hell out of "Some guy did something that we do all the time but they aren't us."