Honor your debts and repay them in full.

If the unwritten word is the new treaty then anything goes and the moral message Ive been hearing about for some time now is bogus. Measuring friendships is similar to the measuring of honour, saying you are better friends so your treaty activation is better that others is pointless because it cant be proved or disproved. Good luck in your two week war, I hope ML & Co agreed the timetable before you announced.

I am convinced you drink copious amounts of alcohol before you read and reply here. How does the making the word of honor more important than a paper treaty ruin the moral message? IMO it only enforces it.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the new laws of Planet Bobs politics no longer require any alliance to have a valid CB other than "We like Guy A, we're going to hit Guy B because Guy A is too."

There has never been a law asserting that a CB must be given prior, during or after a war in order for it to be legitimate. The legitimacy of war is determined only by the success of victory.

But, Ivan! The world doesn't work like that! You're only allowed to declare war if you're forced to by a wirtten piece of paper because there is no other legitimate way to defend someone. Anyone who does otherwise is just bandwagonning scum!

Also, NSO: Bandwagonning scum! :D B) ;)

There was never a "law" stating the contrary no matter how much your alliance wished it had the authority to write and uphold one.

What about all that rubbish around the no CB war? You are saying people dont need a CB or treaty anymore. What kind of world are you people trying to create?

I am convinced you drink copious amounts of alcohol before you read and reply here. How does the making the word of honor more important than a paper treaty ruin the moral message? IMO it only enforces it.

AirMe, it's totally immoral to have friends that you haven't signed a piece of paper affirming your friendship with. Duh.

If the unwritten word is the new treaty then anything goes and the moral message Ive been hearing about for some time now is bogus. Measuring friendships is similar to the measuring of honour, saying you are better friends so your treaty activation is better that others is pointless because it cant be proved or disproved. Good luck in your two week war, I hope ML & Co agreed the timetable before you announced.

This post only goes to show your ignorance of what morality really is on this planet. The desire to stand by your friends even when not required by treaty is the pinnacle of honor.

If I may borrow form the NPO's recent propaganda line, we are fighting against the dogmatic belief that one should only defend those that they are obligated to and then only if you can not find a way to slime out of it.

Edited by KingSrqt

There has never been a law asserting that a CB must be given prior, during or after a war in order for it to be legitimate. The legitimacy of war is determined only by the success of victory.

And yet you all complain when Pacifica declares war with what you believe to be an illegitimate CB? Excuse me, but I'm not that well trained in doublethink (OOC: Read 1984 if you don't understand) to actually like and dislike something at the same time as you seem to be.

One is written down for all the world to see and one can appear at the convenience of an alliance before or during a war and no one can say when it was written. It all comes down to trust and its in short supply when your side breaks its own "moral" rules daily.

ps: Saying NPO breaks them too doesnt make you right.

And yet you all complain when Pacifica declares war with what you believe to be an illegitimate CB? Excuse me, but I'm not that well trained in doublethink (OOC: Read 1984 if you don't understand) to actually like and dislike something at the same time as you seem to be.

The NSO has not made any statement against the NPO casus belli.

One is written down for all the world to see and one can appear at the convenience of an alliance before or during a war and no one can say when it was written. It all comes down to trust and its in short supply when your side breaks its own "moral" rules daily.

I had a good reply typed here, but decided against it because the NPO has nothing to do with the argument.

Edited by AirMe

point me to anyone on this side of the fence who has said that one should not defend theri friends if the do not have a treaty. find it and I give you a cookie until then stop applying your own misconceptions to others and then using those misconceptions against them.

To me 'Defending your friends' is perhaps teh most valid CB their is and seeing as though two of NSO's friends are going to war I believe them to have a valid CB.