The Homily

KingChris

Breaking News: Emperor Questions Pope Paul VII

In a press conference today, the Holy Roman Catholic Emperor, Emperor John Christopher I, stated that he would not recognize the Pope's saint status, preferring to address the pope as Pope Paul VII instead of Pope Saint Paul VII, as the Pope claims.

"I reject the Pope's claim of sainthood, as it is clearly defined in Catholic theology that a saint must have already died. Furthermore, what miracles have Pope Paul VII performed? He may be the Holy Father, the successor of Peter, but I do not think that the Pope is great enough to have the capability of performing a miracle," said the Emperor. This is the first time in the nation's history that the regent has disagreed with the Pope.

The Pope could not be reached for comment. (OOC:Obviously...)

The Empire is Attacked!

Today, the cities of Murray, Munoz, Nolan, Myers, and Moss were attacked by a rebel terrorist group trying to take over the country. Over 670 people have been killed. Today is by far the deadliest day in this nation's history.

TERRORIST_ATTACKS_XCJR101_458688511092001.jpg

The group, known as the Fasci Party, sent this telegram to the government today:

Nationalism.  Man’s greatest ideology.  But few know what nationalism actually is.  And what is it?  It is the rise and support of a distinct, pure culture.  It is the right all evil.  And what is evil?  The Emperor and his Catholics.  Catholics are the reason that the Empire has no dignity.  The Catholics have put the incompetent Emperor John Christopher in the throne made for the righteous.  And since his installation, he has failed to do the following:
•	He has failed to exterminate the nation of all Catholics, the ones responsible for corrupting this once glorious nation
•	He has failed to bring this country respect from other sovereign nations
•	He has failed to recognize that all of the following lands belong to this nation: Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Chihuahua, Coahuila de Zaragosa, Nuevo Leon, Tamaulipas, and Vera Cruz.
His government is incredibly retarded, and he does not know how to run a country.  He believes in a monarchy and democracy.  He believes in appeasing the masses.  He is incompetent!  A government must calm the crowds through force!  It must somehow eliminate its enemies.  It must purify the nation by installing the highest race, and pushing down the other lower races, as Social Darwinism states.  It must have a strong military.  It must eliminate those who are unfit to be citizens of this nation.  It must be controlled by a single party.  And it must eradicate all religions that do not comply with the government’s belief.

Long life the Fasci Party!

All citizens are encouraged to stay in homes until further notice. As of now, all government members have been to busy for a press conference or statement.

Edited by King John Christopher I

Royal Family Kidnapped!

Tonight, at approximately 9:03 PM CMT, Fasces stormed into the nation's capital and kidnapped the Emperor, the Empress, and their children. It is unknown how they managed to do that, but the Fasces have taken over the government and the Empire, now to be named The Fasci Empire, will be led by Dovia di Predappio, the party's chairman. More details to follow.

Edited by King John Christopher I

OOC: Do I smell the possibility of a Holy War? :wub:

OOC: Ooh, that would be cool to RP...

OOC:Of course not. The Fasci Party discourages religion. Unless your religion goes against the Party principles, which, in that case, we're gonna try to get you screwed

OOC: I dunno...offhand I can't think of anything where he directly conflicts with your Party policy, but I'm sure I could think of something, given time.

OOC: Well let's see here Shadowsage. Does your religion frown upon:

use the military to quell riots?

ridding all opposers of the government (thorugh killing, hardd labor, etc.)?

having a supreme race and enslaving all other races?

overspend on the military?

kill anyone who is disabled, physically or mentally?

single-party government?

eradication of all religions that disagree with yours?

If your answer is yes to any of these, expect a Holy War.

:jihad:

OOC: Well alright then. I hear Promised Land is a Catholic nation. Interested in joining me? And Promised Land, this is an opportunity for you to participate in the Holy War. If you don't want to RP, I'll make it quick ^_^

OOC: Well alright then. I hear Promised Land is a Catholic nation. Interested in joining me? And Promised Land, this is an opportunity for you to participate in the Holy War. If you don't want to RP, I'll make it quick ^_^

OOC: Protestant, actually. Catholics are a small minority among the Christians of my nation. Together, the two groups of christians proably make up about half my population. Sorry.

OOC: It'll have to wait until after the current...conflicts. :P
OOC: What, the IG one?

OOC: That, and the one brewing around the Nords.

OOC: No, don't worry, they won't be lumped up. They'll be gassed, cremated, and pretty much everything the Nazis did with the Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and Jainists, only worse because its the majority of the country this time. :gag:

OOC: No, don't worry, they won't be lumped up. They'll be gassed, cremated, and pretty much everything the Nazis did with the Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and Jainists, only worse because its the majority of the country this time. :gag:

OOC: Good luck getting past the minefield... :P

OOC: Well, I can't fight Subtle... He's an ally. :P

OOC: Well, no official treaty or anything, but yeah, we're at least on...cordial terms. :)