Marching past 10k

madspartus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great War = Cyberverse equivalent for RL World War, not a war with LUE vs NPO.

This isn't going to stop at 10,000 wars. Remember, the war started 21st. Most people jumped into peace that day. There's still thousands of people in peace that are probably going to jump out today or tomorrow. THAT'S when the war gets BIG. I wouldn't be surprised if the war hit 15,000 wars as there's also quite a few more alliances waiting on their MDPs to expire.

This war _IS_ the successor to GW3. UJW was simply too small to be considered as a GW with NPO's side more then doubling GOONS' side. War of the Coalition was more then triple BLEU's side. This time the sides are somewhat even with a big "what happens at the end?"

actually the UJW was rather close for the first few days.

Regardless a clear seperation of the 3 GWs (even if they were smaller in size than this one) makes sense since the players fighting them were different.

Honestly there were a ton of cool names proposed for this conflict, but if you want to go by size or damage i'd call it the epic war (also has the benefit that we could call follow up conflicts epic war 2)

Knowing the NPO, given their quite likely defeat in this war, there will be future wars fought between similar sides, or as a result of this war, so I think we should start a new name for series of wars such as World Wars as Chief Savage Man suggested.

I totally agree, i mean in RL when they names ww1, ww1 they just knew there had to be a second and possibly a third in the future. Seriously tho this should just be named Epic war for the sheer scale of it.

Actually, after WW1 they called it The Great War, and assumed that there would be no war as large or as bloody as it in the future.

Given that this war has dwarfed all other wars prior to it I thin Epic War is fitting. I think Karma War would fit too. I don't think we should extend the Great War names to wars past GWI, GWII and GWIII. They were all fought basically between the same two sides. The Great War names applies really only to the conflicts between the Initiative and the League. The war between ~ and The Unjust Path is properly (imo) named The Unjust War. This war should have its own name since it's a complete departure from any other conflict.

So Epic War or Karma War it is.

People get anal of the term "Great war".

Hell with it, I don't care. It is a larger GW than the others. I think this should be considered GWIV.

Every GW had a huge, significant change, as does this.

Finally, someone who agrees.

I think this should be called GWIV also.

Given that this war has dwarfed all other wars prior to it I thin Epic War is fitting. I think Karma War would fit too. I don't think we should extend the Great War names to wars past GWI, GWII and GWIII. They were all fought basically between the same two sides. The Great War names applies really only to the conflicts between the Initiative and the League. The war between ~ and The Unjust Path is properly (imo) named The Unjust War. This war should have its own name since it's a complete departure from any other conflict.

So Epic War or Karma War it is.

I agree with the sentiments expressed in this post, and thus am quoting it.

I like the Karma War, as it is more specific than a lot of other names. But is it neutral enough?

wars10.jpg

How high will it go?

I'm going to guess between 15,000 and 20,000 because several alliances still have plenty of reserves who haven't entered - then in a few days, after the first round of wars expire, everyone is going to be declaring again - not many are only going to fight one round. I wouldn't be shocked if we surpass 20,000 declarations.

Hell with it, I don't care. It is a larger GW than the others. I think this should be considered GWIV.

I say we call it "The Apocolypse - The First Epic War"

The problem with calling this the 4th in the series of "Great Wars" (Meaning GWI, GWII, GWIII, etc), is you then find yourself in an argument with thousands of people who will say that UJW was GWIV, and some who say War of the Coalition is GWV, and some who say UJW wasn't but WoTC was GWIV, and some who say UJW was GWIV and WoTC wasn't GWV, and it just turns into a bloody mess and we end up fighting a war over what the wars should be called.

Now, since we all hate THAT type of drama, though we all love the "lulz" drama, I would say let's just leave the debate how it's been left, with GWI-III being the Great War series, and then UJW was just UJW, and WoTC was just the WoTC and this is whatever name it happens to receive (which seems to be heading in the direction of the Karma War).

Should this not be great war 2 then?

As we have the Tribal CN phase

then

GWI

Pacifican Hegemony

GWII