Marching past 10k

madspartus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People get anal of the term "Great war".

Hell with it, I don't care. It is a larger GW than the others. I think this should be considered GWIV.

Every GW had a huge, significant change, as does this.

Edited by Ejayrazz

I think GW is reserved for the old rivalry of TI vs. Legion/ODN/NAAC.

This war doesn't look like it will become a series of war, so I think we need a specific name. We can't get another WWI, WWII, WWIII thing until we have an actual SERIES of wars fought between the same general sides.

This war doesn't look like it will become a series of war, so I think we need a specific name. We can't get another WWI, WWII, WWIII thing until we have an actual SERIES of wars fought between the same general sides.

Megawar ?

The Great Wars are over. They were a series of conflicts that were interrelated, and ended with the death of LUE and NAAC. Leave the name alone.

If we could show some creativity in the naming of this war, for once, I would be very pleased.

I'd say this is some sort of an Inter-war period war. The first 3 Great Wars led to the Hegemony ultimately being formed. The UJP, while close to a GW, was simply a schism between two parts of the WUT.

And it is an intermediary war because this is the end of the NPO era of unipolarity and the beginning of something new.

Epic war anyone?

I totally agree, i mean in RL when they names ww1, ww1 they just knew there had to be a second and possibly a third in the future. Seriously tho this should just be named Epic war for the sheer scale of it.

I totally agree, i mean in RL when they names ww1, ww1 they just knew there had to be a second and possibly a third in the future. Seriously tho this should just be named Epic war for the sheer scale of it.

Actually no.

Ever hear the phrase "The War to End All Wars"?

The World War, also called the Great War, was supposed to be the last war ever.

Actually... the first world war wasnt called WW1 until WW2 came about. Pre second world war the "first world war" was actually known as "the great war." And the assumption post ww1 was actually that there would never be a war to equal it or come close. But then that tended to be the assumption... historically speaking... after every major war.

Random fact: while the second world war saw more death total when you factor in civilians, the first still remains the bloodiest war from the soldiers perspective.

not to be anal about that heh. Just the historian in me... my fingers go to type a reply of their own accord when i see a post like that.