Unsure what to do

amrelee

I have been offerd to join quite a few Allanices. I am pretty new but they are offering Aid. some of them offer 6mil! I really need the money to build up my Nation.

I know that 6 mil would set me up and give me and my nation a really great start. But I dont know what i am getting into. The shear ammount of people asking me to join their Allance makes me think its a HUGE part of the game and something I shouldnt take lightly. A big part of me whats to bite the bullet and wait it out. To find the right group of people that suits me. But with nothing in my nation do I have the footing to be picky? I want to join an Allance becuse I want to, not cuss I NEED to :(

I did request Aid and a wooping 0 people offerd me help. So I guess I am to go it alone. Id really just like some advice. Heck Id really like 6bil in aid! lol thanks for reading.

My home (working on my banner!)

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=322872

I like you.

Ok, basically it works like this: In Cybernations, alliances are everything. No offense to admin, as he did make this nice sandbox for us to play in, but CN is nowhere near as much fun without an alliance. You also correctly surmised that it is probably the most important choice that you will make as the alliance you wind up in can radically affect your experience and even most of the opinions you have regarding various people in the game.

As far as your current status, yes you've got plenty of time to make your decision. Don't let anyone rush you. There are a few things to consider when picking an alliance. First, you want to make sure it has at least a rudimentary academy system. A lot of alliances have an application process that runs new players through the basics of game mechanics and various strategies for growing. Most new players do not like having to do this. Believe me, you want to. Second thing you want to make sure they have is a decent tech trade. Small nations can sell tech to larger ones and make a very nice profit. It's probably the best source of consistent income for new players there is. Make sure any alliance you choose has some sort of tech market. It'll help you way more than just 6 mil in starting aid with no follow up.

Now, everything else comes down to preference. Size is probably one of the most important things to consider. Do you want a small alliance of maybe a few dozen people where you can make the most impact? Do you want to be a part of the large community of one of the alliances with several hundred members? Do you want a balance in the 100-200 range? There are alliances that take the game very seriously, alliances that just screw around, and some that manage to do both somehow. A number of alliances have a blanket policy of neutrality which essentially means they avoid wars but don't really have much political significance. There are alliances with lots of allies. Others have a few very close allies or are in blocs with other alliances. Most of these will wind up fighting wars at one point or another (We're in the middle of what is probably the single largest war in the history of the game, actually). This is all stuff you should consider when making a choice.

Thanks! Its all a lot to take in! But you have confirmed my feelings so i wont rush into anything! I was lucky getting 2 resourses that give the steel bonus, I made 1mil in erm trading *cough* Extorting *cough* with someone that needed the bonus for their war mungering. That will tide me over for a while, at least untill a new war munger/suger daddy comes my way! :D

You should join an alliance where you can get along with other members. You don't want to join an alliance that will give you $6 million, but you can't get along with other members and you'll just get ignored.

You might want to have an alliance that can set up a trade circle for you, since you have good resources it will probably be easy for you to find a circle.