The ReadOnly Archives

Hippy

I was browsing wikia and there were some reference threads linked to a few wars at the bottom, but most of them are in an unviewable forum. I was wondering, since its read-only, could the mask restrictions be lifted so that guests might be able to see them? I appreciate your time and concern in the matter.

(I realise they're probably in a garbage bin or you have a reason, but I figured I'd ask anyhow.)

Could you be a little more specific? if it was a thread on this forum it should still be viewable if it was a thread on teh old forums it might be an issue but if you could maybe provide the link that were giving you problems we should be able to look into it.

I would assume he's talking about the old forums. The wiki has a lot of dead links on it pointing to them.

Once upon a time there was a database error that destroyed a lot of old threads. Outside of that I believe those forums have a time limit as to how long threads are viewable for and I think only SoE or admin would ba able to do anything with that if anyone can at all.

Once upon a time there was a database error that destroyed a lot of old threads. Outside of that I believe those forums have a time limit as to how long threads are viewable for and I think only SoE or admin would ba able to do anything with that if anyone can at all.

I think there is a way to set it so you can view all the way back, at the bottom of a foum, hitting a drop down menu then, Show All.

You can also set the overall forum preference to 'show all' in the acp somewhere. Even so, if you have a link you should have direct access to the topic no matter the age cutoff, unless your permissions are null. So I doubt that's the answer. I was hoping that I just couldn't see the forum.

Here's a couple links, I got a message about the links being out of date or broken, so.... :/

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=13483

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=15845

Those were the first two I could find. I've noticed most of the later links, 4-50000ish, work fine.

Edited by Warmongrel

This is correct. You can look at it yourself - try showing all old topics, and go to the earliest in a given forum - they generally go back to August 2006 at the earliest. Most or all of the threads from July and prior are gone regardless of mask.