Great Wars

Jason Salovsky

Great Wars  

449 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, no, yes.

Though, it should be noted, I didn't even know what the $%&@ the War of the Coalition was until a little while ago, seeing as I was on another continent when it happened.

DJ had custody of my nation. >__>

Edited by Kenadian_2006

If you think this isn't a Great War you are either

1) delusional

2) using the definition of GW as "NPO vs the world." Which is funny since this war started out that way, heh

actually know your history.

Fixed.

Yeah I was just looking at the Great Wars, and they were all MAINLY between NPO/The Initiative, and CoaLUEtion. Well one ceased to exist by the time The Unjust War happened.

The Unjust war and the Karma war should then be something bigger because they don't follow the trend the first great wars do, and they both easily have more participants fighting than in the first three great wars. I would go for something like what captain flinders says "Really Big War", or maybe "Colossal War" "Massive War" or "Monumental War"

The only problem now is that The Unjust War and the Karma War don't have too much in common.

1) delusional

2) using the definition of GW as "NPO vs the world." Which is funny since this war started out that way, heh

3. Using the definition of GW as "three interconnected wars" involving the NPO and allies vs LUE and allies.

And no, MK is not LUE and no, the last three global wars have nothing to do with the first three.

This line is completely meaningless. LUE had effectively ceased to exist as an alliance by the time GWIII started thanks to their inability to understand the peace terms they recevied. Given that MK is essentially identical to LUE and in this war MK and NPO are the leaders of the two sides this is more of a 'Great War' than GWIII.

It's actually been admitted by NPO leadership that the MK = LUE thing was a BS talking point to make us look bad, hope this helps.

A year and a half after the Unjust War, and we're still arguing what defines a "Great War?" <_<

Come on people, the reason why I first got into this game was because of the originality of the community in their propaganda and and treaty names, etc. Be more original with the names instead of calling any old world war a "Great War X."

The three Great Wars bear their name because of the similarity of the wars. They all had the same thing going for them: LUE/NAAC/GATO vs NPO/NpO, it was a war of conquest on both sides. The mission was the same in everyone: GATO/LUE/NAAC wanted to beat the tar out of NPpO.

The Unjust War doesn't even come close to a Great War, first of all it did NOT last that long and second of all it didn't exactly have the whole "Destroy NPO" vibe to it.

The BLEU War (War of the Coalition) also was not a Great War because again, it did not have the "Destroy NPO" vibe.

I could live with this most recent war being called a Great War due to it's anti-NPO nature and the feel of CnG has is very close to that of CoLUEtion/League/(WAEgis)Aegis. The main thing that differs between the Karma War and other Great Wars (other then the fact that the numbers aren't on NPO's side) is that it isn't lead by one war coalition, it is lead by many. (SuperFriends, Complaints and Grievances, Citadel, etc)

Again I could live with this being called 'Great War IV' but then again I can see how people would be against calling it GWIV as well. If Great War IV becomes the common name for it, great. If not, great. To be honest, I think people should let the old guard (not the alliance) determine the name of it. Whatever they decide, I'm down with. ;)

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Incitatus