Great Wars

Jason Salovsky

Great Wars  

449 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just call them all global wars. Clearly the word "great" elicits a different reaction for different people. Six wars in history have created significant shifts in the political structure of the game. Six wars in history have involved almost every alliance in the game. While they have not all been very even, they were certainly all global wars. If someone wants to use the word "great" to describe them, then I don't really mind. If not, I don't mind either. However there should be at least some term that distinguishes a global war from a smaller scale alliance war.

Edited by Penguin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Karma War is the biggest war ever fought on Bob. GW3 was first with 5500 warring nations, and on day for of this Karma war there is already 8192 wars. Plus this is the most Alliances that have been in 1 war to my knowledge.

So what? Good for the Karma War then, it's the biggest.

However the Great Wars were a trilogy between NPO vs LUE by many accounts (personally I'd put it as the Orders vs LUE, NAAC, and GATO).

I will never understand the need to have every global war tagged with the prefix of "Great"

No

No

No

While UJW, WoTC and Karma War may not be great wars, I do think they should share a name in a similar fashion as the Great Wars, because they have all lead up to the next conflict. They are almost like a CN trilogy. Perhaps calling them the Epic Wars?

I support this.

Edited by Sorum

There were three Great Wars. Let's have something new, eh?

I agree. The Great Wars were a period in time and politics that will never be repeated. Let the wheel turn and the world move on.

For good or ill, let the wheel turn.

The wheel has been still, these seven years, and no good has come

For ill or good, let the wheel turn.

For who knows the end of good or evil?

Until the grinders cease,

and the door shall be shut in the street, and all the daughters of music shall be brought low.

-T.S.Eliot, Murder In The Cathedral

lets call it the Great Global War then considering it is way bigger than anything in the past, and its not the same title as the ones fought between LUE and NPO

Again, why does it have to called "Great"? It's just semantics over names; everyone knows this is a gigantic war already so a name change isn't going to do much besides make you feel better.

Oh and refer the last part of my sig please

Edited by Jagged Fel

Again, why does it have to called "Great"? It's just semantics over names; everyone knows this is a gigantic war already so a name change isn't going to do much besides make you feel better.

Oh and refer the last part of my sig please

Agreed, it doesn't matter. Someone try to supplant a new word like "Global" or "World" in place of the word "Great" and we can end this ridiculous semantic argument forever.

The Great Wars were between LUE and NPO. They're over. Let's have some new names, even if the grudges are still the same.

This line is completely meaningless. LUE had effectively ceased to exist as an alliance by the time GWIII started thanks to their inability to understand the peace terms they recevied. Given that MK is essentially identical to LUE and in this war MK and NPO are the leaders of the two sides this is more of a 'Great War' than GWIII.

why does it have to be LUE or NAAC vs NPO?

Also this one has to be a GW because the CN world is getting flipped on its $@! and the major world powers are getting a beating for the first time in CN

Because those three wars had a relatively similar premise and were each a manifestation of the same continuing conflict, thus deserving the same name.

This line is completely meaningless. LUE had effectively ceased to exist as an alliance by the time GWIII started thanks to their inability to understand the peace terms they recevied. Given that MK is essentially identical to LUE and in this war MK and NPO are the leaders of the two sides this is more of a 'Great War' than GWIII.

The Third Great War was a direct sequel to the Second Great War which of course had a lot to do with the events of the First Great War. Subsequent wars such as the Unjust War, War of the Coalition and the Karma War have nothing to do with the previous three wars except for some similar alliances.

And there is a lot seperating LUE from MK

I would actually have to venture to say that this is bigger then a Great War.

I mean think about it. Right now, "The Hegemony is about 5 million NS short of their strength during the WoTC, 20k nukes, and almost 500 score. Karma, is the biggest war coalition ever formed. They have over 170 million NS, 33.5 thousand nukes, and a score just short of 650.

The combined NS of every alliance fighting, is just short of 300 million. This is more then a great war, this is...well I don't know. What's bigger then a Great War?

Well, I guess we can make the term "Great War" a new category of wars, or we can give each great war a subtitle or co-title (whatever you call it)

i.e. Great War IV - The Unjust War

in Wikia, they have Great War IV, The Unjust War This works too

You can give the 3 great wars another name if you want, but I strongly believe the Unjust war should be considered a Great War. The war of the coalition could be a Great war too, but it was really one sided, so I'm not sure. The point is that the unjust war should be in the same category as the other three great wars.

Also, if the Karma war continues for a while, then it too should become a great war.

i.e Great War V(VI) - The Karma War

Edited by Lord Razzia

I say that the Unjust War is the Unjust War, the War of the Coalition is the War of the Coalition, and the Karma War is Great War IV. Of course there are going to be the people who say the Unjust War and the War of the Coaliton are Great War IV and V, and there are also the people who say that there will always be only Three Great Wars. To end the confusion I say we just end the title of the "Great" Wars and make a poll to decide what this war should be called.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

People who are saying yes are making the assumption that anything large = great war, which is wrong. Yes these more recent wars are larger in numbers but they are not at all similar to the three great wars involving LUE and NPO (as previously stated). It has nothing to do with the size of the war but rather its participants. Just because we don't want to call it a great war does not mean we are understating the size or importance of the war.

I say that the Unjust War is the Unjust War, the War of the Coalition is the War of the Coalition, and the Karma War is Great War IV. Of course there are going to be the people who say the Unjust War and the War of the Coaliton are Great War IV and V, and there are also the people who say that there will always be only Three Great Wars. To end the confusion I say we just end the title of the "Great" Wars and make a poll to decide what this war should be called.

QFT - I agree with this man

Historically, the three real Great Wars were fought between LUE + Co. and NPO and Co. Sure, there have been other massive wars, but LUE wasn't involved, so they can't be thrown into the "Great War" category.

Unjust War = Unjust War

War of the Coalition = War of the Coalition

Karma War = Karma War

At least that's my opinion.

Edited by Grand Emperor Brian

New Pacific Order

Independent Republic Of Orange Nations

Sparta

Mostly Harmless Alliance

The Order Of The Paradox

Multicolored Cross-x Alliance

Fark

Orange Defense Network

Ragnarok

New Polar Order

Viridian Entente

The Order Of Light

Fok

The Grämlins

The Phoenix Federation

The Democratic Order

Green Protection Agency

Mushroom Kingdom

The Legion

Grand Global Alliance

United Purple Nations

Global Democratic Alliance

World Task Force

Nueva Vida

Monos Archein

Echelon

Greenland Republic

Valhalla

M*A*S*H

Umbrella

Random Insanity Alliance

The Dark Evolution

Invicta

LoSS

Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations

RnR

North Atlantic Defense Coalition

NATO

Poison Clan

The Templar Knights

Out of the top 40 alliances, only 9 are not involved (and some of those might be, idk off hand since there have been more DoWs than I've ever seen in CN to date since this started). Of the top 15, only two are not involved.

If you think this isn't a Great War you are either

1) delusional

2) using the definition of GW as "NPO vs the world." Which is funny since this war started out that way, heh