Great Wars

Jason Salovsky

Great Wars  

449 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is a "Great War" to you? Which ones do look at as being "Great Wars"? I'll post links below for the three wars I have seen in question, so you can review them if you weren't around, and then vote your opinion.

Simple, right?

The Unjust War

War of The Coalition (Friends > Infra War)

Karma War

---

My personal view is this. I actually had a nation for WoTC, got curbstomped in SOLID =/. However I don't view it as a "Great War". Sure, it lasted a month... but as far as I'm concerned it was just the War of The Coalition.

I wasn't around for The Unjust War. But it looks to me to be a GW. It lasted a long time, and a lot of big alliances had to disband \m/, Genmay, GOLD, and EoTRS included. It shook things up, changed a lot. I think it should be Great War IV.

As far as this war goes, it's a little early to tell, granted but I think with the most alliances ever being involved in a war, almost all sanctioned alliances involved, and only 4 days in and the GRL is at 5.00, from 1.7?! Yes, this is Great War V to me.

But those are simply my thoughts, tell me what you all think.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No no and no. The only way to clear up this kind of confusion is to say GWIII was the last of the 'Great Wars'. Once you start saying the Unjust War was a great war or this war is a great war, the title 'GWIV' becomes confusing because everyone has their own little definition. We have perfectly good names for them already, why do we need to take that away and just tack on a new numeral to an old and tired title every time there's a fun war?

The Karma War is the biggest war ever fought on Bob. GW3 was first with 5500 warring nations, and on day for of this Karma war there is already 8192 wars. Plus this is the most Alliances that have been in 1 war to my knowledge.

The Karma War is the biggest war ever fought on Bob. GW3 was first with 5500 warring nations, and on day for of this Karma war there is already 8192 wars. Plus this is the most Alliances that have been in 1 war to my knowledge.

Yeah, maybe the other two aren't, but this has to be recognized as a GW.

While UJW, WoTC and Karma War may not be great wars, I do think they should share a name in a similar fashion as the Great Wars, because they have all lead up to the next conflict. They are almost like a CN trilogy. Perhaps calling them the Epic Wars?

While UJW, WoTC and Karma War may not be great wars, I do think they should share a name in a similar fashion as the Great Wars, because they have all lead up to the next conflict. They are almost like a CN trilogy. Perhaps calling them the Epic Wars?

There was nothing "epic" about the WoTC... It was a curbstomp as any other