GOONS Announcements

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected.

If you stop using SA memes in every post you're going to look less like wannabes. If you turn out to be cool like the real GOONS and this isn't just a pr stunt to get more members that'll be great but from what I've seen so far I'm not convinced.

Convincing you is ofc our highest priority. We'll but at least 22 of those 33 members on taking care of that, sorry for any inconvenience.

The problem is, the people who liked GOONS are going to view you as impostors, whereas the people who hated GOONS are going to view you as a threat. :psyduck:

Only a problem for them.

Edited by salithus

The problem is, the people who liked GOONS are going to view you as impostors, whereas the people who hated GOONS are going to view you as a threat. :psyduck:

We realized that there would be pressure from both parties, but we will succeed nonetheless.

Convincing you is ofc our highest priority. We'll but at least 22 of those 33 members on taking care of that, sorry for any inconvenience.

I was starting to suspect that from the posts in this thread.

Only a problem for them.

Since you're not going to get the 800 member goon rush the real goons had you're eventually going to have to do at least a little diplomacy to stay safe.

all i can say is pray you never live up to the GOON name..... that will be a very very very short war....

but congrats on the growth... just on queston what will you do when the REAL GOONS come calling?

ALSO FREE FAN

Since you're not going to get the 800 member goon rush the real goons had you're eventually going to have to do at least a little diplomacy to stay safe.

Takin' lessons on wit itt.

We haven't even begun to pull from the motherland of 'SA, you'll know when we do though.

Also you overestimate how many people in the old GOONS were actually SA members, it was dramatically less than half, it was mostly pubbies.

Edited by Sardonic

When was this 800 member GOONrush? I wasn't around from the very beginning, but pretty darn close to it.

I haven't dug much in the archives here but as I recall the old ones made growth announcements from time to time.

Like when we hit 400, 500, 600

LOL 800 member GOONrush

banned member started in the game as a Member of LUE and banned member a member of Polar or Pacific ( I don't remember which, that is trivia). It was 200 members before they decided to make a public statement because of the slanderous and ill conceived reactions such as we have seen here.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA you people have no idea or concept of what goons are, and your ignorance is quite lol to those of us who are real GOONS

AHAHAHAHAHA admin still has words filters up for our founders

Yep, they were that epic and I was glad to be a part of it.

However, and this is what galls those of your ilk the most, you could never be a part of it.

Edited by LunaticFringe

the idea that GOONS grew through a one time ridiculous injection of members is idiotic.

It grew though being attractive to others, through drawing members from in the game and out of it, and ultimately through not listening to people who said we couldn't do it (that's right, I said "we", as many members of this version of GOONS are, I was in old GOONS too. Joined in August 2006, fought in Maroon, GWII, GWIII, FAN war, VE war, and the Unjust war, Couch Potatoes reprazent).

I know we are going to get people who hate us because we're the old GOONS and people who hate us because we're not the old GOONS, and none of them want us to do well. And that's great. The more people who think we can't do well, the sweeter it will be when we do.

Me either, I was glad when GOONS dissolved. They were a horrible influence on Planet Bob and now that NPO is fading, having GOONS in Planet Bob may compromise our mission towards a more fun and interesting Digiterra.

GOONS got pwnt and we get over a year of mind-numbingly boring peace, the longest ever experienced in CN. But yeah they totally make the game blow... :rolleyes:

Alot of people on bob liked GOONS even if they'd never admit it in public on these boards. I'd hate to see people think they were anything like you failures. Go back to the moon goonabies.
For the love of Admin, someone please kill it before its spreads.

PB has suffered from this pandemic illness once, which was more than enough.

First of all I'm not a furry. Next you're going ramble some pointless meme as insult.

Second, your lack of wit makes me think you guys aren't even from SA. Go get :10bux: and come back in a year.

I stand corrected.

If you stop using SA memes in every post you're going to look less like wannabes. If you turn out to be cool like the real GOONS and this isn't just a pr stunt to get more members that'll be great but from what I've seen so far I'm not convinced.

Me either, I was glad when GOONS dissolved. They were a horrible influence on Planet Bob and now that NPO is fading, having GOONS in Planet Bob may compromise our mission towards a more fun and interesting Digiterra.
When was this 800 member GOONrush? I wasn't around from the very beginning, but pretty darn close to it.

I haven't dug much in the archives here but as I recall the old ones made growth announcements from time to time.

Like when we hit 400, 500, 600

LOL 800 member GOONrush

banned member started in the game as a Member of LUE and banned member a member of Polar or Pacific ( I don't remember which, that is trivia). It was 200 members before they decided to make a public statement because of the slanderous and ill conceived reactions such as we have seen here.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA you people have no idea or concept of what goons are, and your ignorance is quite lol to those of us who are real GOONS

AHAHAHAHAHA admin still has words filters up for our founders

Yep, they were that epic and I was glad to be a part of it.

However, and this is what galls those of your ilk the most, you could never be a part of it.

To all the quoted posters above, and all the others who share the same thoughts, I have this to say:

Most of these GOONS are, in fact, members of SA (SHOCKING!!!!!!!), and were also members of the old GOONS (SHOCKING!!!!!!!). To say they are not real GOONS is a fallacy, especially since they are probably more of a real GOON than you could ever be, and have been GOONS for years. Sure, they aren't as "ballzy" as some of the others were (AKA: "Pricks" "dicks" etc), but honestly, is that such a horrible thing? Not really. Honestly, there are pricks in every community, just like I view you (the above posters who are quoted) being to these GOONS right now. Doesn't mean all of them have to act the same way in order to be a member of that community.

To the new/not new/different/LW/etc GOONS who have joined us, I say that I, for one, am pleased to see another community and unique culture form/reform/whatever on CyberNations. This game needs diversity in all forms, and you guys sure aren't similar to everyone else, so, to you, I wish the best of luck.

Don't know if you guys are the real Goons and dont care personally. What I do care about is that you seem to cause more of a stir then any other recently formed alliance, except for those made out of the leaders of other alliances, so I guess I personally approve.

Whether or not you end up getting rolled due to hatred or fear, that is a whole other story. Either way, it will probably be an interesting story to watch.