GOONS Announcements

Goons are daring and the GOONS of old reflected that.

Thus far, everything I have seen from this admittedly more colorful acronym than the last has been cautious and uncharacteristic of a goon's true nature.

Oh !@#$. Let me just hand you some log dumps of everything we're doing so I can convince you.

rolleyes.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well obviously we've been called out on this one. Well guys, lets pack it up, shows over.

I expected no such thing of you, of course. The sarcasm was thus wholly unnecessary.

Have fun being unbecoming of your title.

Goons are daring and the GOONS of old reflected that.

Thus far, everything I have seen from this admittedly more colorful acronym than the last has been cautious and uncharacteristic of a goon's true nature.

They share the same acronym and come from the same place. Even members within GOONS acted such as the GOONS here do, but weren't as active. You're saying 'you need to be a dick to be a true GOONS member"..No...The old GOONS were terribly lead which lead to their demise. Their 'colorful nature', as you put it, lead them to where they are now. They come from the same community, though they may never act or represent the same thing as the old GOONS, you can't dismiss their GOONity, in my opinion, as they derive from the same community, but have different social practices.

They share the same acronym and come from the same place. Even members within GOONS acted such as the GOONS here do, but weren't as active. You're saying 'you need to be a dick to be a true GOONS member"..No...The old GOONS were terribly lead which lead to their demise. Their 'colorful nature', as you put it, lead them to where they are now. They come from the same community, though they may never act or represent the same thing as the old GOONS, you can't dismiss their GOONity, in my opinion, as they derive from the same community, but have different social practices.

You just became my new favorite poster.

Their leadership is deemed "terrible" now because they lost, not vice versa. I didn't say anything about being a dick so don't put words into my mouth.

Also, Salithus and Lamuella, the points you made following that Cold fellow are noted as they are valid, now that I think about it.

Alot of people on bob liked GOONS even if they'd never admit it in public on these boards. I'd hate to see people think they were anything like you failures. Go back to the moon goonabies.

Jealousy we wouldn't accept you as a member itp.

Their leadership is deemed "terrible" now because they lost, not vice versa. I didn't say anything about being a dick so don't put words into my mouth.

Also, Salithus and Lamuella, the points you made following that Cold fellow are noted as they are valid, now that I think about it.

No they were deemed terrible because they (OOC: Stopped caring about the game, got themselves permabanned from it) and dragged the alliance down with them. If they had merely "lost" it would not have been an issue. They started a war they knew they would lose, because they were literally through with (OOC: the game), and left the old GOONS to rot.

There leadership was terrible for a long time, they could've never survived without the NPO with their behavior, especially this day in age. It is my opinion, you have your own, cool. As for them being dicks, I asserted this claim because it seems you disregard these people merely because they are socially different, where GOONS were widely known for their redundancy behavior. They were aggreesive, rude, and unorthodox in many situations, but they loved it haha. This is the difference. GOONS called themselves dicks, [ooc]it was their way of playing the game[/ooc] which is fine, but sorry you felt I put words into your mouth, it seemed you insinuated it - which..well..would have been understandable.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Congrats on your achievements here thusfar GOONS. Welcome back to Bob by the way.

I honestly do not completely understand the uproar about the new/reformed GOONS...the come from the same place as the old GOONS, but they are not the exact copy of the old GOONS. Why is this an issue? Are all people nothing more than where they came from?

First of all I'm not a furry. Next you're going ramble some pointless meme as insult.

Second, your lack of wit makes me think you guys aren't even from SA. Go get :10bux: and come back in a year.

Keep postin' your one line about how we're not GOONS while I go research wit. brb.

First of all I'm not a furry. Next you're going ramble some pointless meme as insult.

Second, your lack of wit makes me think you guys aren't even from SA. Go get :10bux: and come back in a year.

What could be more goony that including like five SA memes in every post?

I present to everyone, an astoundingly witty post by neneko. :rolleyes:

OOC:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.ph...mp;userid=81064

Wrap it up animailure emotsmug.gif

Second, your lack of wit makes me think you guys aren't even from SA.

Look, we all fondly remember the old GOONS one way, but these guys are GOONS too. If you think they are less witty than the average GOON, you have never read GBS. I have, and it wasn't pretty.

I stand corrected.

If you stop using SA memes in every post you're going to look less like wannabes. If you turn out to be cool like the real GOONS and this isn't just a pr stunt to get more members that'll be great but from what I've seen so far I'm not convinced.