Some Questions

enderland

Hello,

Given that the entire freaking world is at war right now, I have a few questions in an attempt to solve the "omg locked out" crisis that happens always.

1) How is it determined who gets locked out? Is it the point when the server simply cannot handle more log-ins, and just locks people out randomly? I'm not sure how this works.

2) Is it possible to get instead of the 1000 actions per day restriction 150 actions per hour, starting on the 1/2 hour for the two hour interval surrounding update? This would mean that only 150 actions would be allowed between 10:30-11:30 gametime, and 11:30-12:30am gametime, and 12:30-1:30am gametime. If something like this is possible I believe it would cut down on the problems with clogging at update :\

3) Can the "actions per day" be displayed earlier, around 500 perhaps?

4) Is the moderation team/admin going to take any action regarding the liklihood of game lockout at midnight for many of the coming weeks?

Thanks,

Enderland

1. My guess is random

2. I don't think that's such a good idea because there are players that only have a small window of time in their day to do all their tasks; and that would limit them from doing everything they need to do.

3. good idea

4. Apparently, not much:

The issue is concurrent database connections, the database can only handle so many people connecting to it at once and there is little that can be done about that.
Edited by thedestro

2. I don't think that's such a good idea because there are players that only have a small window of time in their day to do all their tasks; and that would limit them from doing everything they need to do.

I don't know, I think it's a good idea if it allows more of us to be able to log in. Those players you mention are currently at the mercy of fate as to whether they can log in at all during the core time around update. At least with this more players might be able to log in and get their tasks done. There are very few times when one cannot conduct all their tasks in 150 actions in an hour unless you're conducting server intensive tasks like mass messaging or intelligence gathering. Those would just have to be done outside the core time Alden suggested if you want to do those tasks. What's limiting are players getting logged in and using 750 actions of their allotment hitting F5 waiting for the microsecond something happens so they can react instantly whereby preventing others from logging in at all. So those players you're concerned about with a small time window available may be forced to go days without doing any tasks under the current system. Which is more limiting?

2) Is it possible to get instead of the 1000 actions per day restriction 150 actions per hour, starting on the 1/2 hour for the two hour interval surrounding update? This would mean that only 150 actions would be allowed between 10:30-11:30 gametime, and 11:30-12:30am gametime, and 12:30-1:30am gametime. If something like this is possible I believe it would cut down on the problems with clogging at update :\

Instead, the additional limit should be like 5-10 per minute around server update. This wouldn't prevent people from doing what they need to do, it would just prevent them flooding the server.

Comment Removed

Yeah, the BIG answer to the question is ..........

We are sorry. the server is busy.

Yeah, im sorry my foot got wedged up your butt for three days in a row..... but, SORRY ?

But, hey maybe those attacking you have what a better in with the mods so they dont get frozen up THREE days in a row, but omg you think about attacking back, oh please you have to wait till they $%&@ and pillage your nation and then maybe you will be able to attack back.... wooooo thanks for that heart felt sorry.

Edited by supermandude

supermandude warned for flaming and mod bias claim. Please be respectful, we're just as frustrated about the issue as everyone else is. To answer the OP:

1) The lockout works like a traffic signal randomly allowing people through as the server can handle it.

2) See thedestro's response. Also, there are few that make over 150 hits around update. It's the volume of players all trying to make their hits at the same time is what's the problem.

3) Yes, I've changed the display to show at 500.

4) I'm doing everything possible given the current gameplay settings. A thread by Jack Shepard on changing attack times is being discussed here.

Questions answered. Lets move over to Jack Shepard's thread for further discussions.