Financial Bug?

boskosbigdawgs

I'm just curious, I'm by no means new to the game, and may have certainly missed something but for the life of me cant figure it out. Yesterday I was in Peace mode. Normally my "Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day" Is approx. $125 or so. So yesterday in day 6 of peacemode, I made NO changes in any way to my country. I know that I should have received a happiness penalty. BUT my Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day dropped 50% down to ~$60. So now I'm militarized, I'm aware of GRL, over populating military and the guerilla camps but I'm still at $60. This doesnt seem right, especially yesterday when I was in peace mode with no excess military, defcon 5, and no guerilla camps. There is another member in my alliance with the same issue as me... I dont know of anything that would drop your income well over 50%. Could it be a bug? Or am I just missing something.....

My nation link is: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=151403

Also I've got no new events that could have caused this....

My normal income of ~6 mil per day dropped to ~1 mil due to this, which is devastating....

Thanks in advance and sorry if I did miss something and am acting like a noob. :)

Look up peace mode in the information index.

This is a penalty that happens in peace mode after 5 days.

:)

Yep, and I show it as this:

4 days = -3 population happiness

6 days = -5 population happiness

8 days = -6 population happiness

10 days = -7 population happiness

12 days = -8 population happiness

14 days = -9 population happiness

I dont see how -5 happiness turns into over 50% of your economy though, at my size.... Am I missing something? :)

Keep reading the text after the:

10 days = -7 population happiness

12 days = -8 population happiness

14 days = -9 population happiness

it mentions something more. I don't remember what it was though....

Edited by thedestro

Keep reading the text after the:

it mentions something more. I don't remember what it was though....

Well this is what it says:

There is also an additional economic penalty on top of the population happiness penalty if your nation is in peace mode for more than 5 days. A nation in peace mode may not send foreign aid, however it will be allowed to continue to receive foreign aid. Nations that are in peace mode may purchase up to 2 navy vessels per day compared to nations that are in war mode who may purchase up to 5 navy vessels per day. In order to exit peace mode nations are required to collect taxes on the day that they wish to change out of peace mode.

I guess I still dont see what would knock me down 50%. I've gone to peace mode before 7-10 days for a vacation and lost like $20-$30 or so but nothing like this.... That's what made me think it was a bug of some sort.

There it is

There is also an additional economic penalty on top of the population happiness penalty if your nation is in peace mode for more than 5 days. A nation in peace mode may not send foreign aid, however it will be allowed to continue to receive foreign aid. Nations that are in peace mode may purchase up to 2 navy vessels per day compared to nations that are in war mode who may purchase up to 5 navy vessels per day. In order to exit peace mode nations are required to collect taxes on the day that they wish to change out of peace mode.

There it is

Hmmm see I took that as the meaning the lines after it would apply... Like I said, I'm not new to peace mode, havent been in it in a while but dont ever remember taking a 50% hit like that. You may be right though, just may be a hidden faucet that isnt explained.

Global Radiation is also at the max. That decreases income as well as citizens.

Yep, I've experienced that before and factored that in.... With my radiation cleanup it doesnt take away 50% of my income though.... Been there during the last great war.

Yep, I've experienced that before and factored that in.... With my radiation cleanup it doesnt take away 50% of my income though.... Been there during the last great war.

Well, the additional economic penalty as already noted does take away 50% of your income on top of any of the happiness penalties. Peace mode is not designed to be Club Med. You can squeak by, but it's not going to allow much in the way of new economic development.

Edited by Count Rupert

Well, the additional economic penalty as already noted does take away 50% of your income on top of any of the happiness penalties. Peace mode is not designed to be Club Med. You can squeak by, but it's not going to allow much in the way of new economic development.

Interesting. Thank you Count Rupert. I didn't know that..... I knew Peace mode came with penalties just wasn't aware they were "that" severe.

Admin: my apologies, this seems to turn out to be more of a Q&A than a bug....