A Wilding Flower recieves no love

Markus Wilding

OOC: Closed between Sarah and I.

IC: Markus Wilding had a horrible week. His concept AP rocket was a failure, terrorist attacks were all over the world, and the nation's treasuries were only half full. He needed something to cheer him up. "Alright, Wilding...think. Where can you go...?" His mind thought over the possibilities. He finally settled on one of his favorite places - a mall. Although the nation's funds were low, his weren't. As he wandered about the food court, a certain girl caught his eye...

Heather Morris hated her job, but it was the only thing that got her through college. Her family had hit hard times recently, especially with the reorganization of Alvonia to North America. At the end of the war in Europe her family had picked up everything they owned and boarded vessels setting sail to their new home and after landing on the East Coast it was another long trip to the new Alvonian homeland. Upon arriving, the Morris family immediately set to work trying just to survive in their new home. Heather had planned to go to college before the war, but now it seemed so far away from her grasp.

The burger joint at the mall wasn't bad, she didn't really have to cook and though she was a horrible count with money, the management let her stay on register throughout the day. Unfortunately, today was one of those days where she just wanted to be at home with her head buried in her pillow. She had already lost some fifty dollars just from mishandling change and she had been yelled at by customers at least five times from little screw ups on their orders, she really just wanted to go home.

Blowing a bubble with her gum she saw a tall looking man stand out from the crowd in the food court and he was walking over towards her stand. "Damn...." She said under her breath, she really didn't want to deal with anymore people today. Her eight hours were almost up...Heather sighed as he came closer. "Can I help you sir?" She feigned a smile.

"As a tip?" Heather looked down at the bill with curious eyes. "Thanks, I guess." Was he flirting with her or something? I mean it was a nice gesture and all, but seriously, an eight dollar tip for standing there and taking his order. Within moments, the burger dropped down back from the kitchen, Heather took the food, flung it into the paper bag and sighed as she looked at the clock. Only a minute or so and then she was done. "Here you go." She smiled handing him the bag. "Have a nice day sir."

As soon as the paper left her hand, the manager from the back stuck his head through the double doors and looked at her. "You're done, day's over, get out of here."

"Thank God." Heather breathed a sigh of relief as she threw her cap into the drawer and took off her apron. Turning back to Markus who was still standing at the counter she looked at him and with a genuine smile bowed her head. "I really do appreciate the tip, its one of the nicest things someones done for me in a long time." With that she turned and walked to the side, exiting the food stand and walking out into the food court proper. Walking towards the door she quickened her step, another day over with, but it would start up again tomorrow...

As he munched on his burger, he thought. "Good God, I blew that one. Of all the boneheaded things I could have done, I had to do that. Good job, Markus. Now she'll think you're crazy or creepy - or both. Well, maybe tomorrow then..." He walked to his car and drove home. God, he didn't even know the girl's name and he was already starting to feel attracted to her! Now what...

Edited by N Reeki

"The water's off. They shut the water off." Henry Morris said has he turned the knob of the sink and pounded his fist lightly on the kitchen counter. Stroking his chin lightly he nodded his head and looked at his wife sitting at the table with a bowl of cereal, they were also out of milk. "I'm going to have to head down to the bank today, try to get a loan or something." He shook his head as he walked towards the dinning room to grab his coat. "You'd think the government would be a little more lenient, picking up the whole country and moving it. No easy task. For any of us."

"DAD!" Henry could hear Heather yelling from up the stairs. "Why isn't the shower working?"

"The government turned off the water hon, I have to go down to the bank and get a loan and file the tax reports, then they'll turn it back on."

"How long is that going to take?!" Heather's voice screeched.

"Two day's at the most. Just go to one of your friend's house and shower."

"But I have work in thirty minutes. I don't have the time." She pouted as she began to walk back up the stairs. Perfect, this was really just perfect, she looked like absolute !@#$, her hair was in tangles and there wasn't a perfume in the world that could cover up the smell of bed stench. To be honest, Heather wanted to cry as she put on her uniform and walked down to her junker of a car to head over to the mall for another eight hours of hell.

She got to the mall extremely early, the doors weren't even open yet. So getting out of her car she sat down on the curb, lit a cigarette and took a long drag. Heather hadn't smoked until the war started, now it was a half pack a day. It was the only thing that kept her sane, and she knew it. The spring air made her body sweat, not helping the no shower thing, but it was a nice day, so she laid back against the cement and took in the blue sky before the doors opened.

With war in Europe beginning to rise, Alvonian troops needted training desperately to even begin to survive against the maniacs in Europe. Since Markus himself was in the military in his youth, he liked to personally train soldiers. As it so happened, there was a large, empty field that would be perfect for long-range training, exactly where they would be fighting in Europe. As Heather smoked, she would see several Alvonian APCs and tanks approaching. The men got out, al armed with some odd weapon that had never been seen by the public before.

And stepping out of the lead vehicle was none other than Markus Wilding. Not noticing Heather, he ordered the men to assemble in the field. One soldier, not caring, saw Heather. He jogged over to her, leaned on his gun, and said, "Smoking, eh? I never really cared for girls that smoked myself. Unless they were smoking hot." He looked behind him before speaking again. "I'm sorry, I haven't properly introduced myself! Private First Class Anthony DiNozzo, 115th Wehrmacht." He quickly looked around for his boss. "My boss would kill me if he saw me here talking to you...he's right behind me, isn't he?" Heather replied with a quick "No". "AWESOME! Aw crap..." Markus had heard him. "HEY! The Wehrmacht is paying you to FIGHT, not FLIRT, DiNozzo! Out into the field NOW!" DiNozzo immedietly stood straight and said, "ON it boss!" and took off. Still not recognizing her, Markus walked towards Heather, mumbling something about idiot recruits, then when he got to her, said, "Sorry about that...idiot's a new recruit. Don't worry about us. We're only executing training exercises. All their weapons are loaded with rubber bullets, so they won't kill anyone - but they hurt like hell, though." He smiled warmly and then walked towards the field.

Edited by N Reeki

Heather smiled at him and took another drag of her cigarette. "Oh, don't worry about me I'm perfectly fine." She laughed looking at DiNozzo running over towards the front line of troops. "Believe me I don't mind being flirted on, not that I'd accept, but it fun to do while you're bored." She watched the troops beginning to test their rifles and shook her head. "Though I figured there would be a better place to train soldiers than this close to a mall. You realize that this place is going to be packed within a few hours right?" She checked her watch. "Not that I care though, I have to get going to work any how."

She smiled up at him and patted Markus on the cheek. "You know I have to thank you for that tip you gave me again yesterday, I seem to be seeing you around here a lot. Figured a military man would be able to spend eight bucks to make a girl feel better about herself. You should probably buy another burger today from me. Make it worth my while again." Heather chuckled as she threw the cigarette on the ground and stomped it out with her foot. "Be careful with all those rubber bullets now though." She said walking into through the doors of the mall.

OOC: Sorry about that N Reeki...last few days for CNRP...lol...well you know.

"Maybe I'll buy burgers for the entire platoon." He laughed. Sure, there were plety of better places to train, but they were going to be facing away from the mall, so if an idiot like DiNozzo got a bit trigger happy...well he can always order a recruit back to training camp.

After several hours of training and several civillians watching (far away of course) the men were beginning to hunger. DiNozzo strolled up to Wilding and said, "So, uh, do we have any rations?" Markus replied with a stern "No", not even looking at him. "So...does that mean we go into the mall to eat, boss?" Markus turned to look at DiNozzo. "You're thinking of that girl you saw smoking earlier today, aren't you?" DiNozzo's eyes changed to those of a deer in headlights. "Uh, um...uh.....maybe...I'll just, uh, stop talking now, boss." "Anthony, go round up the men and tell them to put their weapons in the truck. You boys need to eat." DiNozzo's eyes lit up. "YES! So that mean's we're eating in the mall?!" Markus gave DiNozzo "the Look". "What part of what I said sounded like you were going to eat in the mall?" "Uh...not a thing boss, I'll go round up the men." DiNozzo ran off. At the same time, Markus started walking inside.

OOC: I don't mind. ;)

Edited by N Reeki