Announcement from M*A*S*H

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon my earlier statement, but this DoW came as a surprise to many of us in other Purple alliances. The alliances in Purple are very close, and we were not expecting MASH to declare one someone that purple has largely been allied with. The honoring of their treaty is honorable, yes, but if other alliances had known in advance, it would have been appreciated.

What's done is done, and once again, I wish you luck MASH.

Edited by KagetheSecond

"We" are the alliances on Purple, We have included your alliance in many things, We offered friendship and many insights, and this is how they behave, Buy leaving purple behind. Your mind cant comprehend what im saying? Let me spell it out for you.

MASH Left People who gave them every opportunity on the sphere. Now, they are spitting in the face of the people they used to call friends.

M*A*S*H may be staring at me from the opposing front, but they are still my friend, and I have yet to hear them say that I am no longer theirs. Same goes for several on the Karma front.

Unless your alliance happens to have a defensive treaty with GGA (and I do apologise for not having my treaty web in front of me when posting this), I would advise you to let bygones be bygones. (Hell, I'm writing this from a fallout bunker right now, so I must really be naïve posting this.)

Pardon my earlier statement, but this DoW came as a surprise to many of us in other Purple alliances. The alliances in Purple are very close, and we were not expecting MASH to declare one someone that purple has largely been allied with. The honoring of their treaty is honorable, yes, but if other alliances had known in advance, it would have been appreciated.

Telling people you are going to hit someone so they can tell them and let them prepare is not exactly good policy.

Good luck to you M*A*S*H, and ignore the Purple haters. If they don't like you, there are plenty of other spheres who would be perfectly willing to accept an honorable and noble alliance such as yourselves.

an hour and a half later and now 107 gga members anarchied. total mash members anarchied: 0

Epic win for athens and M*A*S*H!

We will be willing to hear surrender terms at any time GGA!

Good job handing out the assignments, son. I can see we taught you well.

it was very unexpected and I understand u being upset that u didnt know but if your allied to GGA then they couldn't tell you even if they wanted too. This DoW should not effect how you view MASH on purple and I hope that once this is over you guys can get pass this.

Telling people you are going to hit someone so they can tell them and let them prepare is not exactly good policy.

Good luck to you M*A*S*H, and ignore the Purple haters. If they don't like you, there are plenty of other spheres who would be perfectly willing to accept an honorable and noble alliance such as yourselves.

SNAFU, another signatory of the PEACE agreement, informed us of their neutrality a few minutes before their post. If MASH had done the same, and presented the same letter that they gave to their membership, I for one would have been much more understanding of their entrance into the conflict and on the side that they have chosen.

Also, GGA has its hands full already. I'm sure they were expecting an attack from someone, so it would have been little consequence if we were to tell them that MASH were gunning for them.

Edited by KagetheSecond

How honourable, yes dont tell your treaty partners you are betraying them. The honour from the Karma side is a smokescreen and only used when talking about non allies.

How honourable, yes dont tell your treaty partners you are betraying them. The honour from the Karma side is a smokescreen and only used when talking about non allies.

Oh God... I'm sorry but your logic defies me. Tell you enemies ally that your going to attack the enemy. (I'll keep that in mind for the next war.) By them not telling you guys they saved you the trouble of having to choose to keep the attack a secret and not tell your ally, thus you are guys breaking the treaty with ur ally or telling your ally and give him the chance to prepare. Please do me a favor and think about it before you reply again.

God I like this.

o/ MASH

also if purple isn't looking so hot check out Aqua right now we're looking dead sexy during this war ;)

Or black since purple seems to have MASH blacklisted at the moment

I guess this is why you only wanted the ODP. Good luck I dont think the other purple alliances will forget this.

Actually, we were only offered the ODP. The MoADP is Poseidon, which we've been told we do not qualify for, needing 70% Purple nations. We get close, then we get a bunch of offcolor immigrants which throws our percentages off.

Again, we are not targetting Purple alliances. PEACE is an economic treaty with limited defense provisions. It's been our policy to protect Purple. Our current war is in no way a threat to Purple. There are no first tier Purple ties to GGA that I know of outside of Valhalla.

You guys really don't know the spirit of a treaty, do you? You picked that which was the most convenient to you. If I were Poseidon I'd be pretty steamed right about now. /me reminds self never to sign a treaty with you guys.

So you are saying that M*A*S*H upholding a treaty is a despicable act since there treaty partner happens to be in "KARMA" and you would rather them ignore there allies and slinking into neutrality?

but...but....but...what about us? I won't decry yours actions here for the same reason I didn't cry foul on ODN. That doesn't mean that I wish you would have chosen our side though. It saddens me to see an alliance we are so close with on the other side. I am sure the same could be said from you guys too. Have fun and give you opponents hell.

Again, we are not targetting Purple alliances. PEACE is an economic treaty with limited defense provisions. It's been our policy to protect Purple. Our current war is in no way a threat to Purple. There are no first tier Purple ties to GGA that I know of outside of Valhalla.

The United Purple Nations.

Also, they're allied to your Legion partner's oldest ally, ODN.

Whoooops.

If you guys would talk to Purple alliances a bit more often, you'd probably know these things, though.

You guys really don't know the spirit of a treaty, do you? You picked that which was the most convenient to you. If I were Poseidon I'd be pretty steamed right about now. /me reminds self never to sign a treaty with you guys.

We are not currently members of Poseidon, nor have we ever been.

Pretty much this. You only moved to purple a short while ago anyway. If they want to feign hurt feelings because you made sound strategic move, they can go pout on their wn.

Well it's less than ideal, I have to give it straight. Rather be side by side with you, but enjoy your war, never mind the paintwork and keep a bottle nearby.

Ave MASH.

We haven't forgotten The Legion. Check with Will. :D

And you know we're committed to your rebuild after this is over, just like the last couple times. We don't agree with your choice, but we understand that for Legion, it's important to remove the stain that only Legion sees from their honor. After this, none can claim Legion has no honor. From here, we've never seen a stain on your honor.

Ave Legio! See you on the other side!